Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Default General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Hello mums and dads of multiples

Please feel free to introduce yourself and your twins or more, maybe also describing the hardest part about being a parent to a multiple as well as the best part! Enjoy!

Last edited by tiggy; January 29th, 2007 at 03:14 PM.

Catch up with your previous thread HERE.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Name: Trish (Baby~amore`)
    Conceived:IVF
    Gestation: 35wks4days
    Names & Ages: Samuel & Joel -born 1st July 2006 (almost 7 months)
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc) -Fraternal, C/S - breech boys early due to Obstetic cholestasis.

Im sarah mother of identical twin girls Chanel Tailah (5pound 4oz) & Hannah Louise (4pound 9oz) born 31/3/05, concieved naturally, delivered naturally at 36 + 6 weeks gestation 5hr labour, no tearing, no stitches. i have no history of twins in ither side of our familys. I live in northern suburbs South Aust. love to chat to other twin mummies
    Last edited by TwinsMummy; January 28th, 2007 at 10:12 PM.

Peace and quiet for the moment! YAY! Although I should be doing housework-nah bugger that.

motherduck Guest

Name. Jean (Motherduck)
    Location. Sothwest WA
    Conceived. natural fraturnal boy/girl twins
    Gestation. 33 weeks 4days
    Names & ages Jack & Jessica 26th Oct 06
    Notes. Double breach birth Jack 5lb 5oz Jessica 4lb 13oz

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Peace and quiet for the moment! YAY! Although I should be doing housework-nah bugger that.
    Nods head in agreement

Name. Tam
    Location. Melbourne
    Conceived. IVF fraturnal boy/girl twins
    Gestation. 36 weeks 4days
    Names & ages Declan & Rylee - 2/01/06
    Notes. Emerg c/s as Rylee went into distress after 12 hours of labour and 9 cm dialated with Declan almost crowning
    Last edited by TamB; January 31st, 2007 at 09:24 AM.

chriscoop Guest

Name. Christine (chriscoop)
    Location. Pakenham VIC
    Conceived. Artificial Insemination fraternal boy/girl twins
    Gestation. 34weeks 6days
    Names & ages Sarah & Samuel born 13th of april 2006
    Notes. c/s

Do you all find that when you tell people you have twins they always ask "was it natural or IVF?" I think it's a very personal question. Mine were natural but those of you through IVF do you get offended or am I just being over-sensitive?

I agree people seem to think they can ask personal q's. the other one is " on which side of the family has twins" and they never believe you when you say neither,

I'm glad it's not just me. But I guess when you are pregnant with twins everyone is intrigued and then when you have them they are more intrigued as to how you cope. I tell them it's not a bad thing, I'm extremely lucky. My cousin's wife yesterday said to me "I was going to say it when you were pregnant but decided not to, how the hell will you/are you coping with two? One is so hard." Either I have great babies, am very organised or don't know any different but I'm not finding it 'so hard'. It's nice to hear from people that I am doing so well etc. But I think every mother is a wonderful person who deserves an award. We just do everything twice. LOL.

i Think when you find out your pregnant with twin it is very overwhelming but you have a while to try and prepare youself. I dont think you ever can really prepare yourself but being a twins mummy i think only the special, organised mummies have twins because we will learn to cope with them. they are hard but you learn to cope. were super mums

tiggy Guest

Ohh I agree. I get asked all sorts of personal questions, usually by little old ladies on pension day.

My fave is "Are you breastfeeding them"? I can just imagine their little old minds boggling at the thought!

Also agree that you are never REALLY prepared for twins! Just one day at a time over here!

Why is it that old people are facinated by twins? They stalk me at shopping centres.

I used to find them the worst at shopping centres, they would stand directly in front of the pram so you had to stop. UGH

Name: Karla
    Conceived: Natural Fraternal Boy/Girl
    Gestation: 38w 2d
    Names: Alexander & Daria, born 26 Sep 2006
    Notes: Vaginal delivery

I totally agree with shopping centres. Everybody wants to look, ask how old they are, any twins in the family, & so on. I just want to get the shopping done!

It's lovely that they are interested but sometimes you are in a rush and they are the 100th person and you don't want to be rude but you have to ignore them otherwise you'll be out longer than you wanted and they'll be due for a feed, then your out even longer!!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast