Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanging in there!!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Post Hanging in there!!

Hi all. I am now 26wks and 3days with B/G twins. I just spent 3 days in hospital because I started to get some abdo pains. I have been given a course of steroids to boost the bubs lungs and have been told I could go in to labour anytime My cervix is very short ( only 1cm) and both heads are pushing down (keen little buggers!) Heres hoping I can keep my legs crossed for atleast 4wks more! Gotta stay positive!!!

Kim, congratulations on your twins Wishing you all the very best, and hoping those bubs stay put for a bit longer.

motherduck Guest

Hi Kim, congratulations on your twins hears hopeing they stay put for a few more weeks wishing you all the best.
    It sounds like they are keen to meet you.
    Jean

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Wink

Thanx Amy. I appreciate your thoughts. Hope all is well with you and yours. By the way, your little girl is a doll! Take care. Kim.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey, Jean.
    Thanks for your thoughts. It will be very exciting to meet them. I just hope it will be after Christmas. Thats my plan anyway!?!? Your bubs are adorable!!! B.F.N. Kim.

Thanks Kim

chriscoop Guest

Hey Kim's bubbies!

I know you are very keen to meet your mummy, but please stay inside as loooooooooooong as you can.

Congratulations to you Kim! Hang in there and rest a lot.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks for your interest. I am pretty scared. I have to keep telling myself all will be fine...what else can I do? I saw ob and he thinks I will be feeding bubs at xmas!! That is less than 4wks away!! Help!! I have nothing ready!! I will be 31wks by then. How far did you get with Sarah and Samuel? Can you enlighten me a little? Was it a natural birth or c-sect? My bubs are both head down, really down!! Take care of yourself and those gorgeous bubs. Hope to hear back from you real soon. Kim.

hey Kim
    My twins were born at 31 weeks
    although it was a bit hairy at first, they are nearly 5 years old and have no probs being born early.

Your twins will be in hospital for a couple of months until they are at least 36 weeks gestation, maintaining their own temps, feeding and over 2kg, so you will have time to preprare before they come home!
    IF you have any other questions, feel free to ask
    my twins were c-section as twin 1 was breech and his placenta had stopped working and had to come out pretty quick.
    One of the the other forums i am on, had a woman who's membranes were bulging and her cervix was on 1cm in Sept. She is now 33 weeks!!! So rest, rest, rest!!!!
    keep them in as long as you can- for every day inside you is two less days in NICU/Special care!
    make sure you get to see the special care/NICU facilities before you deliver so its not so scary!!
    take care and good luck!!
    odette

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Wink

Hey Odette,
    Thanks for sharing you experience. I am 28wks tomorrow (another milestone reached! ) I was given steriods about 3wks ago to boost bubs lungs etc. Did you have any probs prior to your 31wk delivery? Did you experience a lot of branxton hicks contractions? I am hoping that is what I am feeling?! I really appreciate your insights. Thanks! Take care. Kim

Good luck Kim the most important thing to do is rest up.Let's hope they decide to stay in there a bit longer.

Good on you for getting to 28 weeks! Great stuff.
    Went to my twin niece and nephew's 2nd birthday party yesterday. They were born at 30 weeks and they're such gorgeous, entertaining little cuties. There is so much joy ahead of you! I will keep praying that your little ones can hold out for a few more weeks yet.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Wink

Thanks Pansy and Amy! I really appreciate your thoughts and words. Every day is a milestone at the moment. My dream is to still be at home for xmas so I can be with my two girls, and husband of course, enjoying the day! But whatever will be will be! My parents have come down to help me for a week or so. Xtra rest..just what the doctor ordered! Thanks again guys. Be in touch soon. :doctor:

Gook Luck Kim and hope you have a wonderful Xmas.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Red face

Thanks Leemar! I hope to enjoy xmas with my family. My eldest turns 7 on the 18th dec too. Wishing you and your family all the best for the silly season!!! And hope you have a great 2008!! Love Kim.

All you ladies are an inspiration to those of us who are TTC - I wish you all the luck and all the best in the world for 2008

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks Lizjessie,

Wishing you a very merry christmas and may all your dreams be fulfilled in 2008. Kim.

Thankyou very much Kim.

Have a very merry Christmas and give you special little ones a huge hug for me when they come into this world

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast