Thread: HCG Levels for Twins

Default HCG Levels for Twins

Hi All

My name is Tam and I am 5w2d preg. I have just received my HCG levels for today and they were 24,300

Just wondering if any of you experienced twin mummies, had early HCG levels and if you can remember what they were.

My nurse, as I have been on IVF, has indicated that this level may indicate twins, however we will know more with the U/S next Wednesday, 8th June.

Thanks in advance

Melinda Guest

Hey Tam,

I just thought I'd direct you to a post I did a while ago on suggested HCG levels. It relates to singleton PG's, but I thought it might be useful to you as a reference point for the time being anyway........

Thanks Tootie

Yep tam,
    my HCG levels were high as too with my twins. My friends first HCG test with her twins was bornerline pg, and she ended up with b/g twins, so who knows.
    The higher the level the better - maybe there is quads in there - lolol
    when do you have you u/s . I had my first one and found out there were two at 6 weeks and 6 days.

good luck and keep us informed.With such high levels are you feeling any pg symptoms yet. My body didn't handle the high levels very well and i was sick as from the day i found out till the day before i went into labour. Also my bbs were sooo sore and grew huge!!!
    something to look forward to - but hey you prey for this to happen for soo long so you don't mind
    take care and get plenty of rest.
    odette

mum to 2 1/2 year old twin terrors (IVF)
    LTTC # 3

Thanks for your reply Odette.

M/S looks like it has just kicked in this morning and my nipples are very very sensitive.

I have my first U/S at 6w 4d, which is next Wed 8th June, so should know by then if it is 1 or 2.

Tam, Best of luck, my nieces B'day is June 8th......

I cannot wait to hear!

see I am not the only one who thinks (knows there is more than one in there).....hehehehe or her her her.....

I know that it will be a blessing no matter how many you have and that you will be estatic no matter what.

Good luck next wed with your U/S i am so excited for you guys.

2...3...4...or more??????????????

Cant wait to find out for sure Tam! If there are two, well it certainly would make up for a lot....

Fingers crossed, either way! I know all will be well.

Keen

I too am interested to find out anyone's HCG levels in early pregnancy & to find out if this means chance of twins:

Tue 11DPO (3wks 2days) HCG=55, proj=112
    Thu 13DPO (3wks 4days) HCG=196, proj=117

As I read that levels are supposed to double every 2-3 days & be around 100 on 14DPO. Mine quadrupled in 2 days, so pondering the chance of twins.

Hey Shell,

16dpo HCG = 2300

23dpo HCG = 24300

Thanks Tam, so looks like prob not, compared to yours... :-)

Wow, just found this, there is some scary info found on the internet:

Code:
    Greater-than-normal levels may indicate choriocarcinoma of the uterus, ectopic pregnancy, hydatidiform mole of the uterus, normal pregnancy, or ovarian cancer.  Once you have had an ectopic prgnancy, you have an increased risk for another, so your HCG numbers may be monitored more carefully. 

Lower-than-normal levels may indicate dead fetus, incomplete miscarriage, or threatened spontaneous abortion. Pregnancies destined to miscarry or to be ectopic (tubal) pregnancies tend to show lower levels (eventually), but often have normal levels initially.   Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of HCG ò and deliver perfect babies.

Sal Guest

Yeh Shell reading the net can be too scary! I think those numbers have to be very high, for those things. Plus, variation is incredible between women and between pg so as long as your numbers are increasing nicely then don't worry (too much O )