Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: identical twins, identical actions...

paras Guest

Smile identical twins, identical actions...

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how many of you out there experience the same with your twins ...my identical twin boys r turning four on Wed 9/8 and for as long as I remember they have been doing the most amazing things IN SYNC with each other. For eg. if they're playing with their blocks, they will reach for the same coloured block at exactly the same time, or often they will say the same thing at the same time.....the list goes on. I definetly believe that they have that 'special bond' that u hear about with identical twins, and they can definetly sense when something isn't quite right with the other.....When people comment on how identical they are, my boys have learnt to say "we look the same but we have different personalities"- it is hilarious! How amazing to be connected to someone in such a way!!! DH and I will be TTC again soon and I would love more twins....I don't know any better (they are my only chd) and even though I have had a rough time with them, and still struggle with their constant fighting, I think its such a blessing to have multiples....Just thought I'd share this even if nobody reads it!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

my boys are not identical but I find it interesting to read about identical twins. I read that even fraternal twins have a special bond and many similarities too.

They sound very cute !

my frat twins b/g have an amazing bond as well, even though they are not identical. its more empathy for each other that they have as well as being best mates. As my twins say to each other as they give each other high five "Twin Power!!!!"
    Those special twins moments as so precious and amazing to watch!

my girls are only 4.5mths old but they do things which i class as 'special moments' - they constantly seek each other out (nearly every photo we have of them together they are touching each other and now have started holding hands)

when isabelle had bronc and was hospitalised we had to pry lily off of her at every ob's check - she moved in the cot (they were only 10w old at the time mind you) so her head was against isabelle's heart

when lily is teething - isabelle reaches out and touches her to let her know its all ok

and like you the list goes on

it really does make my heart melt watching them - in a sometimes horrible world it's nice to know they will always have each other

paras Guest

Sam, your girls are beeeauuutiful! They're identical aren't they? When I read your last line about the girls 'melting your heart', I smiled. That's what I say to my boys! And when they do something adorable or compassionate, they turn around and ask, "mummy, do we melt your heart?"....they sure do!

Odette, 'Twin Power' it sure is! And most often, 'double trouble' - my two are always getting into mischief together, that's when they're not fighting of course! Today was an awful day - I think we had half an hour (tops) of peace. The remainder of the day was fighting, crying, whingeing and demanding. They really tried my patience today, particularly b/c I have so much to organise for their b'day party on Sun - I'm converting our lounge room into a jungle b/c its jungle theme for all! Should be fun.

yup the girls are ID - the nbr of photos we have where they are touching each other is insane

My girls are nearly 8 now, and one cut her hair in preps ( so they werent twins any more LOL) They fight like cat and dog, and are opposite in sooooo many ways, but when apart they talk constantly of the other ( wishing she was there, what do you think she's doing etc etc) when in trouble they run to each other, and still state "she's my best friend" If having a bad night we still find them in the one bed, tangled up together. They are identical too.

i dont have twins, we thought we would have them, every generation in my family has a set. Dad wouldn't let mum have number 7, as her swore she'd end up with twins!! I know if i go for #4 ill end up having them... thats why DH wont let me. But seeing my grandmother and great aunt, even in their old age (they're identical) they still have that special bond, my grandmother "felt" my great aunt die...

tiggy Guest

My girls are fraternal but they have a really special bond.
    Some weird things have happened, like taking them seperately to buy a new swimming costume and them picking out the exact same one! Sometimes, they will come to me one after the other and say the exact same thing (without the other being around to overhear what the first has said).
    The weirdest thing for me was once, when Imogen was in hospital (with DH, it was my night off at home with the other two) Maddy came bursting into my room in the early hours crying and saying that I needed to go to the hospital, there was something wrong with Immy. No sooner had I calmed her down than my DH phoned and told me to come in because Immy was really ill (septic and fitting). That blew me away and still does.
    Now they are older, like yours Vanita, they go out of their way to not be like each other. They fight all the time but also claim to be best friends and if one is somewhere else, the other misses her and doesn't stop talking about her and wishing she was home.

Ivy and Noah are only 8 months old but I have caught them touching each other lately, while thay have been sick, almost stroking each other in empathy.

I love watching twins. I am looking forward to watching the big set grow and change and also the newbies too, as they are b/g, I'm interested to see if things will be different for them.

My girl friend has identical twin boys (we are God Parents to one of them) and I just love watching them. I guess I've only seen them stirring each other but I will be keeping a closer watch now to see if I can see that bond which I'm sure they have. They are 8 months old and I still can't tell them apart!

Melody Guest

My DH is a twin (frat) & we were recently having a conversation about lonliness.... he said he has never ever felt lonely & even though his twin lives on the GC he says he feels like they are always together & doesn't even really need to see him (in person) they are just 'together'.... he said it in such a matter of fact way that I only really understood the bond at that moment. It is something I will never experience. (read "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb if you want a really good twin read.... best book I have ever read actually)

BTW, technically my husband is a frat twin thats the other reason why we were sure we would have twins-they are on both sides of the family! His twin sister (Lauren) died in utero.

paras Guest

thanks for sharing all your stories - I think I might start attending the 'Twin Association' her in Melbourne b/c I think its important for my boys to interact with other twins, especially identical ones...everybodye makes such a fuss about them in every day life, it would be good to just blend in somewhere....

I can relate to so many of the stories you girls have shared, look forward to sharing some more.....

My boys fourth b'day tomorrow...where have the years gone????

Paras,
    i see that you are in northern suburbs of melb. So am I. I got to the twin playgroup in our area every monday for Diamond Valley Multiple Birth Club at Montmorency, so if you are intersted in going,let me know and I can be a 'familiar face' to you.
    speak soon

tiggy Guest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!!!!!!!!
    Hope your little guys have a great day!
    Happy birthing day to you too Paras

motherduck Guest

Happy birthday to your boys.

Happy birthday to your boys paras

paras Guest

thanks for the special birthday wishes for my boys! They're in child care at the moment, having a great day...I thought it was important they share part of the day with their friends. I'm just about to head out the door to collect them & spend the rest of the afternoon playing and laughing with them.....

Tiff, you ruined my mascara! 'Happy birthing day' - that is such a special thing to say - I have never heard those words before. Thank you.....

Odette, we do live close by...although I'm not sure where Diamond Valley ....we'll speak again about catching up - my email add is [email protected]....

Simone, I noticed at the bottom of your post you've noted that your baby is ill...I hope nothing too serious...I will pray for her...

Thanks again girls - I'll let you know how the boys jungle theme bday party goes on Sun....we are all getting dressed up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast