Thread: Morning Sickness

Question Morning Sickness

When did every1 start getting morning sickness and how bad was it? did u have it long??

from the moment I found out i was pg. I was soo sick that I was hospitalised several times for dehydration. I ended up losing 20kg being pg. Mind you as soon as I had the kids and I could eat again - i made up for it !!!
    I do not know one person who has had twins and enjoyed being pg with twins. I loved having my babies inside me- but hated being kicked from all sides and beign sick 24 hours a day
    Hope you are not feeling too sick but it is actually a good sign if you are!! Means that the hormones as doing what they are suppose to be [email protected]!
    HTH and take care

chriscoop Guest

I was sick from week 5 until the day they were born and I didn't enjoy the pregnancy. They ended up coming a 34w6d.

Everybody feels different, but it's all worth in the end

Twinsmum Guest

No morning sickness here - sorry......

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I didn't actually mind my pregnancy - mine were not bad kickers, I had about 7 wks nausea/vomiting from 7 wks or so but not too bad ,then some late night vomiting but nothing too serious... Odette & Chris it sounds awful your m/s.

tiggy Guest

I didn't have any morning sickness with the girls but with the boy/girl combo, I was sick from about 6 weeks onwards until they were born.

Sorry cant say I had morning sickness either.I felt a bit off and went off certain foods but had no vomiting etc..I loved being pregnant and actually cried to my hubby the second night we were home with the girls because while I loved them being here I missed my tummy and being pregnant.

Grosby Guest

I was sick, quite ill for around 13 weeks, that started at 6 weeks and then tapered off around the 19 to 20 week mark, it got worse from 13 weeks onwards. It didn't take long to return though, and then I would have days where I was sick, and others where I didn't feel too bad, I think it depended on what I ate and how I slept.

Hey there, how cute to see so many sets of twins
    I didn't have twins, so I cant answer you, but hope your not too sick or dont get too sick lozza!

I was sick about the 5th week until my second trimester. It was really bad the first 3-4 weeks I had vomiting and 24 hour dizziness. I would wake up feeling like I was on a ship and it didn't let up. I didn't "eat" anything for those 3-4 weeks -- I could only drink and Gatorade was mostly it. After I got rid of the dizziness I still continued to vomit alot throughout the day and sometimes by the evening I could eat a small meal the size of a toddler would eat. I would have to time when I took my pills and often I could only take a small folic acid tablet since the prenatal was too big. Or I would take a small mulitvitamin. I found the Blackmore's with the fish oil came up days later --YUck. Not good for those who are experiencing m/s.
    Foods I sometimes could eat: Gatorade (all flavours buy the can), grilled cheese, chili, ravioli, v-8 juice, grapefruit juice, pickled vegetables,green apples, sips of coke-cola, peppermint tea, tea, vanilla flavoured stuff like rice or pudding, sometimes pizza, mashed yams or mashed potatoes with sour cream, JUST THINK TODDLER FOOD. Sometimes I could drink milk but my dh had to bring it to me in bed. I caution with milk cause it is gross bringing it back up... at least Gatorade is pretty. Showers and baths - just the heat would set me off. I recommend buying a large plastic step stool (big two step) so you can sit on in the shower, or use to shave your legs when you are bigger and later for potty training. I never showered until my dh was home I got too dizzy.
    sit down for awhile after you eat or eat alot in bed and stay lying down. Don't over drink or over eat and fill yourself up. Oh and big big help.... buy a bottle of lemon essential oil and smell it when you get nauseated. It works better than smelling and sucking real lemons. Keep tissues and bags with you at all times and take dh with you to the grocery store. Pray Pray Pray that it stops at the second trimester.

Heather