Thread: One of my twins has a small cyst behind his head

chriscoop Guest

Default One of my twins has a small cyst behind his head

Hi Girls,

Today, I went to my usual gynecologist appointment. He had a look at the ultrasound result I had two weeks ago, and told me that my little boy had a small cyst behind his head and it could be (or not) a risk of Down Syndrom.

He proposed 3 solutions to be sure it isn't DS:
    1. Amniocynthesis
    2. A specific ultrasound
    3. Do nothing and wait until the twins are born

I have to say that I don't think my husband and I would be prepare to deal with DS, but what I scares me the most is the risk of miscariage if I do the amnio.

I am almost 22 weeks pregnant and I already feel my babies kicking. I already love them so much.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If yes what was the outcome?

I feel sad tonight.
    Chris

Whatever you choose to do, please try and stay positive. You know we will all be here for you and will support you. :flower:

Chris,

Whatever you decide we will all be here for you. I hope that everything works out well and that your little boy is ok.

Please try to relax and dont get too upset about it, these babies need you to be ok too.

Hope that you are ok, is there someone who could maybe come over to talk to you, to be with you? A sister, your mum?? Best off to not be alone. I find thats when i stress the most.

Take care
    Love Kel

chriscoop Guest

Hi Girls,

Thanks for your answers. I feel much better today.

My husband and I have decided that whatever the outcome is, we will not separate from our baby boy. We've been trough so much to get pregnant.

We will have the ultrasound and amnio (if really needed). We just want to have the tests done to be prepared if it happens to be DS.

Thank You for your support
    love
    Chris

Chris,

Good for you, after all you are 22 weeks so the decision would be absolutely devestating.

Lots of hugs

Kel

*Yvette* Guest

I would feel the same as you Chris. I wouldn't have the amnio myself, but I can understand wanting to be prepared.

I've been trying to do this post for ages & getting interrupted by my kids & keep erasing what I've written in case it offends anybody

I just really wanted to say I feel for you & to be careful & get plenty of info & trust your own judgement about getting the amnio.

Btw my kids all had cysts on the brain (not behind the head as you've said) & I was told there were 'soft sign' associations with Downs & other things, & they went away & the kids were all fine.

Congratulations on your pregnancy & on having twins btw. Hope it all goes well for you, I'll keep an eye out for you.

chriscoop Guest

Thank You Yvette & Kel for your replies.

I hope it goes away too.

Keep you posted
    Chris

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Chris
    I only just read this and wondering how you are going.Thinking of you.

chriscoop Guest

Hi Girls,

I had the ultrasound today at Monash Medical Centre. There was no cyst. The nurse said that she couldn't see anything abnormal at all. She had a good look at both twins and they were fine. They were very chicky and always moving. Then the obstetricien who was on duty came and told us that it could happen sometimes that a baby had a little cyst. It was only fluid and would go away by itself. He had only seen 3 serious cases in 25 years. We were not going to do the amnio anyway. We are both happy with the result.

They both weight 700gramms now. We'll start labour classes tonight. I can't wait. Only 15 weeks to go now.

Thank you for being here for me
    Chriscoop

Oh Chris, that is such great news. I bet thats a HUGE weight off your shoulders. How exciting starting classes. Now enjoy the rest of your pg!

chriscoop Guest

Hi Sherieb,

Yes it was a great news!

Pregnancy classes are great. We were 10 couples there. I have to tell you that they were expecting only one bub and were ahead of me in their pregnancies, but I look as big as them. \/

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Chris this wonderful news I am so ahppy your little boy is okay \/ and yay at starting classes

chriscoop Guest

Hi You!

How are you? Hope everything is fine for you.