Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive birth story about TWINS....

Default Positive birth story about TWINS....

My mum's last pregnancy resulted in twin boys despite being told after every ultrasound that she was having 1 GIRL! *L* The twin's hearbeat was in sync and one always completely shaded the other in the U/S.

Just in case any of you are wondering whether it is possible to go full term and have a completely natural birth...it IS possible. *L* Mum obviously didn't know that she was expecting twins but she went to 40wks with them and delivered them from start to finish in 3 hours of labour (twins were born 3 minutes apart) with only one small stitch required.

Wow, that's great Beckibee! Thanks for sharing that.

juzzy7 Guest

Mine were born at 32.2 weeks, no drugs, 3 1/2hr labour, 10 minutes difference. They're now 3 1/2yr olds!!!

*Yvette* Guest

We twins mummies are under so much pressure about the birth, & seldom "allowed" to go natural these days. It's great to hear anything at all encouraging about natural birth for twins. I struggled with preparing for my twins birth, & am always happy to see any support or encouragement for birthing twins vaginally.

It is great to hear stories like that.

I didn't get to full term. I was induced at 38 weeks 1 day because they said I was overdue. I didn't mind anyway, I was very over being pregnant with twins. But my labour was 1 hour long, started at 9:20am and Adrian was born at 10:20am. I didn't even believe the doctor when he placed Adrian on my tummy, I said "are you serious, he's out" Victoria was born breech 6 minutes later and her head was 2 cm smaller, so I barely felt that either. No stitches, nothing. I felt like I was walking on clouds for the rest of the day. It was probably the huge weight difference lol. But I was so thankful my OB didn't insist on a C-section or Epidural, because I really didn't want either. I had to be monitored the whole time though

I had my twin girls vaginally.Twin A (now named Vashti ) was head down the whole time,my ob said that if she stayed in this position we'd be fine for vaginal delivery.I had the girls at 36 wks and 4 days and they were born 19 mins apart. I worked in retail prior to having the girls and most people would ask me when I was booked in for a c section.They were quite surprised when i told them I wasnt booked in.my girls are now 12 weeks old.Apparently the midwives on the night i had them were fighting to get in to watch the delivery as they dont get to see twins born vaginally often.

If i had twins (which is a common occurance in our family) i would be having them naturally. After having a c/s with my last child, i wouldnt want to go thru that again, unless absolutely necessary, and people have been having twins naturally for a long time!! Thanks for your stories, it shows people it IS possible!!

its funny people seem to think youre superwoman for pushing 2 babies out....yes it was exhausting.I actually passed out for about 15 secs inbetween delivering my girls.I had preeclampsia so that didnt help.I was also lucky to have a fantastic ob some doctors like to do c sections for twins because they are more of a risk..I was often asked by people when was i booked in for a caesar.

Grosby Guest

I also delivered my twins naturally just 1 and half weeks ago, Twin 1 (Ruby) was head down and engaged, so there was no reason not to attempt a natural vaginal delivery, Twin 2 (Leila) was breech, in the end I delivered her breech, as this was the way she chose to come out, after delivering Ruby, my contraction slowed right down, and then all of a sudden, with a huge explosion of waters all over my OB, Leila shot out feet first. I had 18 mins between the two, and a labour of 4 hours and 30 minutes. I had 13 people in the room at the time of delivering, my Husband was the only male, and then for the next 5 days in hospital, had people coming in, in pure amazement that I had delivered naturally. So I say if Twin 1 is head down, then go for it.

Congratulations Emma you are treated like a star in hospital hey? My ob was the same if twin 1 stays head down all for a normal delivery....At how many weeks did you have your girls?

Grosby Guest

Thanks Pansy, I gave birth at 37 + 3, I went in for an induction, but had my show that morning and was contracting, they found me to be 4cms dilated, so I only needed my waters broken. I'm thrilled with the outcome, it was a very positive birthing experience. Good Luck, and I hope Twin 1 stays head down for you too

Sorry Emma I have already had my girls. I just looked at my post and saw that I wrote stays instead of stayed...Mmmmm i'm not a morning person...I had a normal delivery by the way.I made it to 36 +4 weeks. I had gone to hospital at 3am the day I had my girls as i thought things were starting to happen midwife said no so she put me in a room for my ob to check on me when she came to do her rounds at 8am.She said for me to stay in as i looked exhausted( I hadnt slept properly for days) and that she would come back next morning to do internal and maybe induce me for the wednesday. So I had a lovely hot shower hopped in my jimjams and had a sleep.At around midday my OB came into my room and told me she had recieved my blood and urine tests from friday and that I had been flying under the radar with preeclampsia.She did an internal (wow wasnt really expecting that to tickle) and said to me that I was 4cm dilated (see i knew something was going on) and that she could feel twin As head and then my waters broke drowning her and my bed.I had the girls at 9.26pm and9.45pm.My blood pressure is slowly returning to normal and im on tablets for that.I was so happy that I was able to deliver my girls naturally but was prepared mentally for a caesar if it come to that.My girls are fraternal twins and they are now 13 weeks and 4 days.

I too delivered my twins naturally, twin 1 was head down, and twin 2 transverse, They were 33 weeks 2 days, and twin 1 took about 2 hrs to deliver, and twin 2 turned and came out head first in a gush 6 minutes after #1 I had to have a csec for #3 and #4 was born naturally ( vbac) everyone presumes when I say Ive had 1 csec amd the rest natural, that the twins were the csec dumb hey.

Grosby Guest

Well, I think we are all very clever then

Pansy, did both of yours come head first, or was it only Twin A? You are good for preparing yourself mentally for the c-section, I tried to, but I just didn't want it to happen, so I think deep down, although I knew it was a possibility, I just didn't want to think about it openly. Even up until the very last minute before Leila shot out, they had these looks of concern on their faces, My Mum said the room was filled with silence and sturn looks, but she said, she was never worried, I must admit, I did start to get very teary at the thought of achieving the natural birth with Twin 1 and then having to have a c-section with Twin 2, but she had other ideas. My Mum also delivered a breech naturally 18 years ago, with my third sister, so I think that might be why she wasn't too worried.

How are you going with your little girls? I'm finding the night feeds a bit tough at the moment, but we are getting there

Sorry for going on, lol.

Hi Emma..yes both girls were head down and were delivered that way.After twin A was born my OB put her hand up there to make sure twin B didnt turn as is often the case when you have been sharing a womb.Im going really well with the girls.The girls were on formula and my expressed milk for the first few weeks.I tried breastfeeding in hospital but was really uncomfortable with it especially with the midwives forcing these 2 little babies on there.I told them I would try at home where I would feel more relaxed.Also with my preeclampsia I was a bit of a wreck for a few days and both myself and the girls didnt need the stress of it.I did breastfeed the girls for a couple of weeks but wasnt producing much milk so the girls are solely on formula now.Maybe if I already had 1 baby and breastfed it may have been easier for me to breastfeed the twins.I found the early morning feeds really hard at first. I would often sit on the lounge with my husband and cry.The girls are now sleeping from about 10pm until about 6am now. Once we got to the 10 week mark being a mum was so much easier and enjoyable. I didnt realse how hard at first it would be to be a mum.The girls are now smiling and making noises and im loving this stage.I also have a fantastic husband who is really hands on.We've been out a few times to appointments and shopping and find the attention a bit overwhelming.Its funny because I used to work for a clothing company who imported from india so i dress quite different to other people so should be used to people staring or asking me where i get my clothes from and the attention never bothered me but when it comes to my daughters its really different.Most people are really excited and ask lots of questions.We had one woman say to my husband that we were greedy for having two babies and that some people dont deserve to have two babies.Hello do we know you? Hubby just turned the pram away from her so she couldnt see them. We've had to think up a few comebacks to throw at people if they say negative things to us.Maybe something happened to her and she couldnt have children...sad but she really had no right to say something that rude..As an old saying goes "Twins are blessed on those who cope"

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hi Pansy - congratulations on your daughters. It is amazing the rude things people say.
    How do they know anyway what some people have been through.
    have your joined multiple bith association - it is great to talk to other mothers and hear their experiences and wisdom too LOL .

We get stopped a lot and sometimes I am in a rush - between feeds or babies grizzling but people want to chat . It is nice to have some attention but I hate the "double trouble" and "what a handful" ... I say no delightful. I really want to say better full than empty ... my last baby passed away but I don't want to start a whole new conversation

When one is crying people say - oh someones not happy etc etc - I want to say -you are the fourteenth person who has stopped us and he is over it and just not happy smiling anymore today.

I found these somewhere

Q: Are they twins?
    A: No, they were triplets but the dog ate one!

Q: Do twins run in your family?
    A: Yes, they run up the stairs, down the stairs and all around the house!

Q: How do you do it?
    A: Very well, thank you.
    Last edited by Baby~amore`; November 11th, 2006 at 06:40 PM.

Oh Trish and Pansy its hard isnt it, we are "mini celebrities"
    My Dh used to say to the "are they twins" comment "nope just one, you must have double vision" ( we have identicals)
    I say to the "how do you cope" - " I dont cope I sit under the table and cry - what do you think??" and "double trouble" my answer" double the joy, or double the love"

Now I have 4 kidlets people say 'oh my what a handful" and my response is "no what a heartfull"

anyway these are just my little responses. It gets less as time goes, it pretty much stops once they are out of the pusher, and walking around.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Vanita
    love the heartful !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast