Thread: Schooling, separate or together?

Default Schooling, separate or together?

Well I think Im nearly the only one mainly with this issue, but do you guys think that you will separate your 2 or, keep them in the same class??
    DH and I thought it would be best to be together for preps but apart from then, but so far it hasnt worked out that way, coz one wasnt coping, and one was, so the school recommended they go back together!

My SIL has both of her sets separated. One lot are in Grade 4 and then others are in Year 9. This has been a concious choice on her part.

juzzy7 Guest

As mine are fraternal, I'd like to keep them in the same class & see how they go. Haylee helped Tianna with TT so I'm pretty sure she'd help her with school too.

My step twins (fraternal Boy & Girl) have always been in separate classes, and i think they have flourished being away from each other, but are still as close.

from what i have researched in schooling twins, they recommend separation if one child is dominant or speaks or does things for the other. Otherwise they leave it up to you.
    I have had friends separate their twins to give them some space, as it was just too much seeing each other all day and night, whereas others have kept them together.

personally from a teachers point of view, i did not have any hassles teaching twins in class.
    There is plenty of research done etc. on this topic. esp from the net or from AMBA. We have info nights every couple of years about this topic in our club cause it is such a toughie for parents
    hope this helps
    odette

tiggy Guest

I have done both and both have theri merits. I must say that seperating them when the girls were in year one was good. They stayed together for kindy and have been together since year two as we moved and the school is so small they have no choice. If I had the opportunity again, I think I would seperate because it gives them the opportunity to be individuals and Imy girls are like chalk and cheese. Really they compliment each other. If you could merge them together you would have one academically brilliant child!

Tiggy, sound slike yours and mine are alike. As mine are chalk and cheese, too. One is academically brilliant, but socially inept, one is sporty and had lots of friends, but no where as near academically inclined!!!
    The "sporty, social" one wants to separate, but the "loner, student" is devestasted at losing her only friend. The teachers recommended they stay together as the benefits to one outweighed the loss to the other!

I went to high school boy/girl twins - the girl was in my grade & the boy was in a grade below. The boy had repeated & was not real impressed at being the "dumb" one but they were both happy to be seperated from eachother!

mum2four Guest

Default schooling together or seperate

Hi, just hoping someone can help me with a school decision, my dilema is i have triplets ( a dilema in itself!) in grade 1, one is having learning difficulties and has been recommended that he should probably repeat this year, my concern is that being one of three this might effect his self confidence, which is already not that high. do you think i should agree to kepping him down while the other 2 progress or follow the teachers advise, if he were a single child i would not be concerned at all, thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I can understand your delimma, have you talked to the school counselor? what about a psychologist?? I dont know what I would do, probably instinct is at this early stage in their schooling I would say keep am all down, for his esteem issues, as esteem is really as important as education, and its not like they are in yr 12 ( IYKWIM)
    Have you contacted AMBA in your area? coz I know they have lots of books and a special support group for mulitples in school. Welcome to BB, and look forward to hearing from you

have you considered putting the triplets in a composite say 1/2 class if available at your school. I may mean that you can keep them together still, but they are working at their required school levels.
    hope this helps
    odette

mum2four Guest

thank you for your suggestions, that has given me some food for thought i will definately talk to the guidance officer at school for an opinion, i agree self esteem is a huge issue at this age, thanks again and i look forward to chatting again soon