Thread: They don't want to finish their milk anymore

chriscoop Guest

Default They don't want to finish their milk anymore

Hi1 I have a real problem with Sarah and Samuel.

They are now 9 months old (they were born 5 weeks early), and they always leave 50 to 70 ml in their bottles. They use to take all the 200ml before. Although they have solid three times a day, I am worried they don't get enough milk. I'll see the nurse on Wednesday and ask her, but I'd just like to know if anyone of you has ever experience that with your babies.

Thank you in advance for your help
    Chris

chriscoop Guest

Default Anyone can help me?

Please! They have trouble to go to bed at night now and I have to stay in the room with them until they fall asleep otherwise they cry and cry until I come.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

how many bottles a day do they ?

I think it they are having 5 wet disposable nappies a day and are alert - they might just be full with the solids - do you offer formula before or after solids.

WHO recommends formula first then solids.

Goodluck - I have a non go to bed'er too.

Chris can you email me ... [email protected] I can't PM you.

tiggy Guest

Chris,
    Ivy and Noah were exactly the same. They went from having full feed of 150mls to drinking between 50 - 100mls.
    It is scary but what Trish says is true. If they are having 5 - 6 good wet nappies a day then there isn't a problem.

Somedays now, my two will drink alot and eat less and others it is the other way around.
    I still get distressed, especially with young Ivy, who will sometimes have 30mls of a 150ml bottle and then refuse.

I guess they are just like you and me. Do you drinK the same amount fluid every day? I know somedays, I can get to the end of the day and have only had a couple of cups of water and maybe a cup of tea, I just wasn't that thirsty.
    Take heart, especially when they are starting solids, I think it is very normal to fluctuate in their intake. Hugs to you.

chriscoop Guest

Hi Trish, Hi Tiggi,

Thanks for replying to me. They have 4 bottles a day.

I went to see the nurse yesterday and she said that it was quite normal at this stage not to drink all the milk and because I also give them juice or water when it's hot, they feel a bit more full. Samuel weighs 7.560kg and mesures 70.2cm and Sarah weighs a healthy 8.450kg and mesures 70.6cm.

I was also worried because they still don't crowl, but again, the nurse said it was ok because they were born 5 weeks early, and kids usually start to crowl around the 8 months mark. They can sit properly and roll around everywhere.

Trish, I'll email you tonight.

Talk to you soon

tiggy Guest

Hi Chris,
    Glad to hear that all is normal and that your little beauties are doing well.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thats good Chris you mind is at ease
    yes all in all babies do things at different rates even amongst sibling twins one can crawl a month or two before the other.

chriscoop Guest

As you said, babies are all different.

I hope your little ones are doing well too