Thread: Is It Twins?????

Default Is It Twins?????

Hi Girls

Hoping for some advice, Just went to my Doc who felt my stomach and asked was there twins in the family I stated yes there was and he said well our dates have you at 12.5wks preg but when he felt my stomach he said feels more like twins or that I am 15 weeks(could I be that far out on my dates?), he said that when you are pregnant with twins that happens, he is sending me for a scan but I will not be able to book in until Monday now, so just wondering did anyone have the same experience, he could not find heart beat/s as my placenta is lying in front. I am anxious to know if he is right, he was exactly right with everything to do with my first baby(now only 9 months ) so I feel he knows what he is talking about. I have had terrible morning sickness this time also.....

Any advice/experiences appreciated

Jules

Grosby Guest

Hey Jules,

I can't really say if that is the case, but when I went for my first check up, my fundal height was 2 weeks ahead of what I was at the time, the midwife never checked for two heartbeats though, and was happy when she found one, so we didn't find out until we had the first scan at 13 weeks and 3 days, and it was a big shock!

Let us know how you get on, and good luck for Monday.

Emma.

Hello Julie,
    At least your doctor suspects something! I saw the m/w at 12 wwks and asked her why my tummy was big, and all she said was that because I've had 2 babies already, my body popped out because it knew what it had to do. I saw the doctor at 16 weeks who said nothing at my tummy size, found one heartbeat down low and said everything was great. At my 19 week ultrasound the first thing she said to me was "you're having twins."
    I had one heck of a shock! You could be having twins if your tummy is bigger than it should be, but even if you're not, enjoy seeing your bub/s on the ultrasound on monday.

motherduck Guest

Hi julie,
    With my second pregnancy my doctor also said at 12 weeks my bump was to big and it turned out we were only having one, He said after the scan that it was alot of fluid same as my first pg our girl is now 2years old. This time I went to the doctors at 9 weeks he did a scan in his office this time we are having twins due december 8th.
    Good luck with your scan monday.

motherduck Jean

Hi Girls

Just thought I would update as I just had ultrasound and yes it is twins, so I will have 3 babies under 15 months old!...

No doubt I will be back on here later for some advice.

Jules

Hi Jules,

When I went for my 12w check at 13w, the OB questioned me about my dates as he thought I was around 16w. I knew my dates were right, so he queried if it might be twins. I had a scan 12w4d to find just one baby. He ended up being a big one all the way through, measuring weeks ahead of 'normal'. In the end he came out 3 days late weighing 9lb 1oz.

I hope the scan gives you the answer you're hoping for.

Jules, I just typed my answer before I noticed you posted your last post! Congratulations on your twins! I'm sure you're going to be one busy lady, with plenty of sweet little people to love.

Congratulations Jules! I know how you are feeling, as I'm going to have 4 under 4!
    Look forward to hearing from you soon.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Congratulations Jules -
    there is a great twin book called 'Twins' by Katrina Bowman and Louise Ryan - well worth reading and keeping.

Wow, congratulations Julie

OMG Congratulations Jules, Your going to be one busy mummy

motherduck Guest

congatulations Julie the twins club is getting bigger all the time.

Congratulations Julie! OMG that's exciting

Jules - that's wonderful ....and don't worry cause u'll manage just fine. Best wishes for u throughout the remainder of ur preg. 2 bubs - oh i'm excited for u