Thread: Any Monash First Year BMids here?

Hi there,

I am new to belly belly and am still finding my way around. I noticed your post and am very interested to hear how you are finding uni. I am hoping to get in next year. Particularly interested in hearing about what the workload is like as I have 4 kids and a bit worried as to how I will fit everything in.

Look forward to hearing from you

Clare

sacha88 Guest

Hi MamaD,
    sorry for not responding earlier, though this may be of no help to you. I am a first year mid student too, except i am at ACU in fitzroy, but i am doing an online monash subject too! hope your studies and FTJ are going well!

Wink

Hello there,

I have applied for Uni next year at both Monash and ACU. How have you found it this year? Are you there 5 days a week or have you been able to squash it up a bit?

I am interested to hear about the workload because I am trying to work out how I am going to manage uni, kids and working. There will be a way but the more info I have the better prepared I can be.

Thanks for your help, Clare.

sacha88 Guest

Hey Clare,
    That's great that you are applying! All the best with getting in. My experience so far in the course have been mixed, but i am thoroughly enjoying it! It is very intense in terms of workload, but it is managable...at the time it seems like there is not enough hours in the day, but thankfully it always works out! In first semester I was stuck at uni 5 days per week, although some people in my class were able to manage to squish it into 4 days. But this semester I am only in for 2 days...but they are very long days plus a an online subject through monash.
    In terms of you being able to do it all with kids and a job, let me assure you that it is doable. There is a large number of women in my class with children of varying ages and it amazes me how they manage. It is a great environment, and everyone in my class is so supportive of each other, so you will not be alone!!!
    In terms of working as well...that could be difficult, but possible. I work one day per week and sometimes need to take it off, especially around exams, so the less hours the better. If you have to work, then maybe part time will be an option???
    Anyway, I hope this helps you (sorry about the long post). Might even see you next year if you come to ACU!!! I'll be happy to help if you need it!
    All the best!
    Sacha

Hey Sacha,

Thank you for your reply. My kids are a bit older now, in their teens, and pretty independent. They are also pretty excited for me that I am finally doing something that I have always wanted to do so I know they will help me out no matter what. I am sure I will be fine once I find the way.......

I actually work at freemasons in vic parade on the post natal unit as Div 2. You probably do placements there...... Hope i get to meet up with you sometime. I love working there. It is exactly where I want to be at this time!! Hope to catch up with you sometime.

Cheers Clare

sacha88 Guest

Clare, well having older children will definately make it easier and its an added bonus that they are so supportive of you and your dreams!
    And that is great that you are able to work at the Freemason's!!! I won't be on placement there this year, but I know a few people in my class who will be there throughout September. But if I ever do end up there, I will keep an eye out for you!
    Anyway, if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask!
    Sacha