Thread: Being Induced away from home- Doula???

Question Being Induced away from home- Doula???

Hi everyone

I am being induced due to medical reasons at 37 weeks. I am to deliver at John hunter Hospital in Newcastle and I would love to have a doula but I'm not too sure about how to go about it as I will be delivering 3 hours drive away from where I live.

Does anyone have any advise? Should I be looking for someone in Newcastle?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I do tend to meet my clients at hospital, but it's up to you - some doulas are happy to travel, some not. There would be plenty of doulas in Newcastle and probably with experience at JHH - but you do need to meet them pre-natally so travel will be there either way!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Smile

hello and thank you Kelly

I travel to newcastle every 4-5 weeks for check ups, which means only another 5 or so visits before I'm induced. So I'm also wondering if this is sufficient time?

I have checked the site for doulas in newcastle, do you have any recommendations?

Hi August Moon Mum,

I've had clients 2-3 hours way from me a few times. Out where we are (in Victoria), it's 2 hours to the nearest hospital and 3 hours to a really nice birth centre. I figure the travel comes with Doula territory. I once travelled from Hong Kong to Thailand to attend my friend's birth - and stayed there for three weeks. I don't know any Doulas in Newcastle but I can ask around. I hope you find just the right Doula for you.

Kelly, I love the quote from Rhea in your sig.