Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CBI and Optimum Birth Online Doula Course

hi Jess,

Ibet its busy there with a Day on the Green.

My inlaws live in Yarrawonga, so we are there all the time. Its great to here from someone that lives close-by. Im thinking of signing up with CBI in the next few days. Although i have so many questions, i am catching up with midwive NUM next week at work, & also a lactation consultan who is a family frien that also works at GV Health. It would be awsome to catch up & have a cuppa some time, although i could imagine you are very busy with the kids. Do you know if there are any trained Doulas in the goulburn (shepp) area?

Shan

No fully trained Doulas but Tanya (wonderful mod in here) is studying to be one.
    Any time you want to catch up, we'll have to organize it

I would so love to be a Doula, it has been on my mined for a few years now. The only thing holding me back is worrying about who would look after my 3 children while I was off helping someone else bring their baby into the world. What do you do while you are studying and do the courses require you to travel away from your families?

Courses like CBI and OB are done via correspondence so you just do them at home but youre requird to attend a certain number (usually 3) of births to complete your certificate. I'm not sure what others do but my MIL is going to look after the kids if there's a birth on during the day and if one is at night or goes into the night then DH will take the kids after he gets off work.

I have done both courses. They are both fantastic but they do have different focus'. OB I did over 3 years ago so it may have changed but I definitely found the CBI one to be more thorough and much more student and trainer support. You cant go wrong with either though. Good luck to those deciding.

Smile

Hi Ladies,
    I have just found this thread. I too am wanting to train as a doula and in my extensive research of the courses available am leaning towards the CBI course as I want to be able to offer child birth education too.
    I am really excited about my decision and can't wait to start in the next few weeks.
    Was just wondering if there was anyone who would like to keep in touch to offer support and throw ideas around.
    Good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123