Thread: Childbirth Education Training

Default Childbirth Education Training

Hi there,

Now that I have completed my doula training course, I have been looking around at doing training in childbirth education. I am not sure yet if I want to actually run classes, but I think it would definitely be helpful as part of my role as doula regardless.

Does anyone know where the best place to go would be or have any recommendations?

Cheers
    Cara

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Cara, I have also completed my Doula Course and I have just signed up with Childbirth International to complete their Childbirth Educator course.

It looks pretty involved, but like you I think it will complement my role as a Doula and also give me that somethign extra to offer my clients.

Thanks Relle,

I had been looking at Childbirth International myself. Did you do their doula course?

Cara

Hi cara
    I'm doing CBI's doula course and I'm really happy with them. The course content is very detailed and comprehensive, the online delivery has been 100% problem free and my trainer always responds to my questions quickly with really good, detailed answers. I'm pretty picky about courses because I work in education and I have no complaints about CBI whatsoever. I'm sure you'd find the same with their childbirth educator course, go for it

alana Guest

Hi Cara,
    Just wondering if you did go ahead with Childbirth International to do your Birth Educator course. I am too a doula and have been thinking of becoming a birth educator. But i wasnt sure if i should do it through the same school as i did my doula training with or do it corrospondance? Interested to hear what you have decided.
    Good luck

Hi Alana,

Unfortunately, due to lack of funds I haven't pursued it yet. I have been in contact with the National Assoc of Childbirth Educators (NACE) and they recommended the CBI course. I believe NACE runs CBE courses in Vic, but not in NSW. I am thinking I will enrol with CBI, just have to get around to it.

Cara