Thread: Hello from a student midwife

Talking Hello from a student midwife

Hi all.
    I am a student midwife, I have one son who is one. I am deeply passionate about natural birth, a woman's right to chose and all of us working towards the provision of top quality midwifery care. If you are having your baby with a midwife please contact me if you would like a student midwife to support you in your journey or just if you have any questions at all!

Last edited by B_J; January 30th, 2009 at 07:56 AM.

SugarDust Guest

hi and welcome to BB

Hi BJ and welcome

Hi B J ! Welcome to BB

I recently found out I'm expecting our first!
    I am looking to find a Student Midwife or Student Doula to help us on our pregnancy journey and at the birth .... do you know anyone I can contact who is in the Gold Coast region? Or Northern NSW region..... I'm on the southern end of the gold coast near the border of NSW.

Thank you.

Hi Renstar
    I'm sorry, I don't know of anyone in the Gold Coast region.
    I will ask on my student discussion board and let them know you are interested, you never know your luck!
    Cheers,

Thanks BJ - i appreciate you doing that for me!! I was thinking of ringing the local Uni and asking around surely there would be heaps of student midwives wanting some experience with pregnancy/birth

Hi BJ,

I am interested in having a student midwife to support me & my husband during the birth. After attending yoga classes at Coast yoga in Glenelg I have learnt so much about the birthing process & hold some regret in the choices I have made so far. I am birthing at Ashford with a private Ob & she isn't too supportive when it comes to writing up a birth plan. With the things I have read & learnt I am starting to develop some strong views on what I want & don't want.
    I'm looking for someone that will support me & be my advocate.

Would you be interested? I'm due around the 9th of Feb.

Thanks for your time,

vjay

Hi VJ
    Coast Yoga!
    I know Vanessa well. Could you Private Message me and we'll get the ball rolling