Thread: ICSM - Dial-a-Doula

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default ICSM - Dial-a-Doula

If anyone in Melbourne is interested in talking to the International College of Spiritual Midwifery (who run Dial-a-Doula) about hiring a doula or becoming one, check out my post here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=35577

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

tlewis Guest

Wink Tracy

Hi everyone, I hope this post is in the right spot. I am a complete novice at this sort of thing. Anyway - I have just discovered the ICSM website and am considering moving from Canberra to the Yarra Valley to do my doula training. Has anyone completed the training and would you be prepared to tell me a bit about how long it took - what would be a comfortable timeframe to complete. It just seemed much more aligned with my holistic view of birth than doing the online training available - so much so that I am considering moving from my home of 33 years! It was time for a change anyway, but I guess I am looking for reassurance that the course is what I am looking for.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi Tracey,

I did not train with ICSM, but I've met one of their doulas, she is a treasure. Welcome to the beautiful Yarra Valley! I live in Warburton, there is another lovely doula in this town and two more in Healesville - so if you ever want to get together we would love to meet you.

tlewis Guest

Talking Doula Training

Thanks so much for replying Julie. I was beginning to think no one existed out there. I have emailed icsm but haven't heard anything yet and my partner and I are scouring the internet looking for rental properties in the Warburton/Healsville area. I will definately look you up if we move down there. thanks again

Hi Tracey,

Would you like Sunderai's number?

Also - do you want me to keep an eye out for nice rentals??? PM me if I can help!

tlewis Guest

Default Doula info

Thanks a heap Julie. We would love you to look out for rentals. We are a blended family which has 2 teens and a bub with other kids visiting from time to time, so we need a 4 bedroom house. I have Sunderai's number and am going to give her a call since she must have little time to answer emails! We are coming down on the June long weekend to have a better look around. Are the St Andrew's markets on that weekend do you know?

Thanks muchly

Tracy

Tracey, if you come down in June and would like to meet up, my # is 0432 105 162. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a nice 4 bedder for you!