Thread: Optimum Birth v Childbirth International

HipBubbyMama Guest

Default Optimum Birth v Childbirth International

Looking for opinions from women who've done either of these doula training courses. I like the look of both. The CBI is cheaper and I love their website, but the OB one has workshops in Melbourne which i find appealing.

Any opinions welcome

Jayne

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Jayne,

Chris Vose who runs Optimum Birth is AMAZING. I haven't compared the two but I know you'll get a good deal with Chris, she held the Doula Conference this year and we're on the committee together for Doulas Australia - forming an official body like Doulas UK. She's a doer, mover and shaker like me
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

HipBubbyMama Guest

Thanks for that Kelly. I've heard good things about Chis Vose. Friends of mine have seen her speak and say it was amazing. Plus I know the lady who does her workshops in Melbourne and she seems great as well.

Melanie is great, she is a Doula on BB Birth Support - very well known for her post natal support.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

HipBubbyMama Guest

Yes Melanie, I've met her a few times, she seems lovely. I'm personally interested in post natal support as well. I've heard good things about CBI too though...decisions decisions!

Hello, I studied through Optimum Birth and also know Chris Vose really well. She used to teach Nursing and Midwifery when I studied. She is a fabulous teacher and a wonderful lady. I highly recommend Optimum Birth.

I am completing the Optimum Birth training as well. I agree - Chris, Kelly and Melanie are movers and shakers and wonderful, warm, dynamic women. Can you imagine a room full of women like them at the annual Doula conference? It was awesome. Next year it will be in Perth ....
    The course is well set out, thorough and you can do it at your own pace. I think whether you do CBI or OB, there is still opportunity to get together with other Birth workers and every time that happens, you learn and absorb so much.
    Best wishes for your journey

bonny_jarrod Guest

I think Chris Vose is an unbelievable lady as well and has a huge heart to see the Doula movement become massive in Australia - GO CHRIS! She is always willing to help in anyway she can - what a legend. Thanks Chris!

Lmama Guest

I'm a CBI student-have almost finished... I've loved every aspect of this course, it's been wonderful!

We probably haven't helped have we?! They are both good
    Kelly xx

Ok I am now seriously considering doing an online doula course. I would love to do one with workshops and the sort but in reality that isnt going to work for me, atleast not yet.

Both CBI and Optimum Birth offer online courses. Has anyone done them and can you tell me how they were?

They both have a payment plan which suits me as that is what I need too.