Thread: Questions to ask Doula

Default Questions to ask Doula

Hi Girls

I`m hoping someone can help me out here. Kelly has been a wonderful help and has managed to track down a doula in my area, before ringing her can someone suggest what I should be asking her?

I have a few questions:
    #availability for 27th July
    #Would she travel to the Hospital I`m being admitted to
    #costs involved
    #experience

I really need some help for more questions, thanks girls

Janet Guest

If you go to the maternitywise site (you'll have to google it) they have a HUGE list of qns to ask all kinds of careproviders and all birth places. It's essential!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm writing an article on this Dee if you like I can email you what I have so far as a sneak peek!!! I might move this post to the other attendant forum and leave this one for recommendations.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Ooops Sorry Kelly for posting this question in the wrong thread, I`m not sure how I did that but then again just add it to the list of the silly things I`ve been doing lately :-k

I`d love to have a sneaky peak of what you`ve written so far, as I`ve said I`m stuck as to what to ask.

Thank you Janet

My Doula`s interview was today, she seemed very nice, - a lot like I imagine you to be Kelly

She`s been a Doula for 6 months before this she counselled women with fears of childbirth etc she also has accreditations in massage, natural healing and mediatation.

I felt very relaxed with her which is good as I do have problems meeting new people because of my shyness but she made me feel at ease.

Thanks Kelly for the questions, she actually answered 90% of them before I got to ask her anything LOL

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Just in case anyone else is wondering, my article I wrote is HERE.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know