Thread: Questions to ask Doula

Default Questions to ask Doula

Hi Girls

I`m hoping someone can help me out here. Kelly has been a wonderful help and has managed to track down a doula in my area, before ringing her can someone suggest what I should be asking her?

I have a few questions:
    #availability for 27th July
    #Would she travel to the Hospital I`m being admitted to
    #costs involved
    #experience

I really need some help for more questions, thanks girls

Janet Guest

If you go to the maternitywise site (you'll have to google it) they have a HUGE list of qns to ask all kinds of careproviders and all birth places. It's essential!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm writing an article on this Dee if you like I can email you what I have so far as a sneak peek!!! I might move this post to the other attendant forum and leave this one for recommendations.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Ooops Sorry Kelly for posting this question in the wrong thread, I`m not sure how I did that but then again just add it to the list of the silly things I`ve been doing lately :-k

I`d love to have a sneaky peak of what you`ve written so far, as I`ve said I`m stuck as to what to ask.

Thank you Janet

My Doula`s interview was today, she seemed very nice, - a lot like I imagine you to be Kelly

She`s been a Doula for 6 months before this she counselled women with fears of childbirth etc she also has accreditations in massage, natural healing and mediatation.

I felt very relaxed with her which is good as I do have problems meeting new people because of my shyness but she made me feel at ease.

Thanks Kelly for the questions, she actually answered 90% of them before I got to ask her anything LOL

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Just in case anyone else is wondering, my article I wrote is HERE.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.