Thread: The begining of the end ?

Default The begining of the end ?

Slightly strange thing happened this morning at DS's morning BF he completely refused to go on the left side. Had jumped on the right with mouth wide open but no interest in going on the left. I left it for 5 mins or so and reoffered but not happening. Was just surprised given that it would have been 12 hours since he'd fed last. Hope it doesn't mean the begining of the end.

We are down to 1 to 2 BFs a day now - he has BF when he wakes up and then I offer again before he goes down for morning nap - which he may or may not take up - probably more yes than no - and then has afternoon bottle and then another bottle before he goes to bed. HÝs feeding has changed slightly in past week or so where he is now pulling away almost from the breast when he is feeding - still attached but pulling backwards if that makes sense. Guess my supply will have dropped off quite a bit now.

Will see what happens tomorrow but wonder if this is fairly common?

Default Same here

I have had teh same problem with my little one to (she is 9 months tomorrow, however she was 10 weeks premmie so is 6.5 months corrected). Over teh past week she has refused her breast feed at 5pm so have gone to soilds and a 240 mls bottle of formula. and then today at 7.30 only took one side after her ceral, at 11 only one side then at 2 after her fruit she wouldnt hav any (we were out for teh afternoon and she had plenty of water)

She has been on solids for 8 weeks now.

Sometimes these bubbas need instructions!!!

Default Same here

I have had teh same problem with my little one to (she is 9 months tomorrow, however she was 10 weeks premmie so is 6.5 months corrected). Over teh past week she has refused her breast feed at 5pm so have gone to soilds and a 240 mls bottle of formula. and then today at 7.30 only took one side after her ceral, at 11 only one side then at 2 after her fruit she wouldnt hav any (we were out for teh afternoon and she had plenty of water)

She has been on solids for 8 weeks now.

Sometimes these bubbas need instructions!!!

Does he normally take two sides? It is very unusal for a baby to wean themselves under 18 months, so I would say it is something else? Does he normally prefer the right side? Maybe you have a faster let down on that side.

breastfeeding changes so much as they grow...but it sounds more like side preference rather than weaning. Some babies just prefer one boob over the other (another member here only feeds from one boob these days).

Has your period begun or about to? I found my little one has gone to normal again now my period is over

Hi ladies

Not sure what when on back then - that was back in August - he just refused the second side that one morning and then went back to feeding as normal the next day! And we haven't had the problem since and have continued that morning BF :-). Had just thought it was strange as he should have been hungry as he hadn't fed for 12 hours! But would appear not - lol!

Onelittleprincess you're not wrong about the bubs needing the same instruction books that we read. Glad to hear that your little one is back to normal also. While we know that they change so much as they get older it is hard not to be a bit concerned when something completely out of the normal occurs.