Thread: 10year school reunion. Did you go?

Default 10year school reunion. Did you go?

Sorry mods wasnt sure where to put this.

My 10yr school reunion is this Sat night. I have pictures of Romy and Michelle's high school reunion! LOL!
    I havent RSVP'd yet. I was kind if thinking I wouldnt go. Then I saw the absolute last day to pay is tomorrow and I got all nervous thinkng I should go.

Is it one of those things that you should go to?

Did you go to yours? What did you think?

If you didnt go, do you regret not going?

Mine is in a month and I am going. I wasn't one of the "in" crowd at school, but I rekon its still a day out and a bit of fun. And if it's rubbish, well I can leave!

Go for it, nothing to lose!

I did and I had a ball - I also went to my 20 year one and loved it too.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I went to mine, it was nothing fancy just drinks at local club/restautant/bar.

It was pretty boring only stayed a few hrs, DH came with me and he thought it was boring!! And thought lots were up themselves or no hoppers!!

Was good to catch up with some old friends and see that others are still the same and will not change!

i didn't, but i wish i did. I was traveling around Australia at the time. I'd go. People grow and change a lot in 10 years, it would be interesting to see what people were up to.

I went to mine. It was great to see those who have changed around you and what they were up to. I was pregnant with DD at the time too and had a ball.

Some people I didnt recognised and surprisingly everyone was just happy to see everyone.

We did games and stuff like have a survey of random questions on people in the room and see who guessed the most and did speed dating sorta thing going around the room and talking to each other

DH went too.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

My 10 year was last year and I was the same. I didnt have a choice in the end my friend got me the ticket so I went. Mind you I was VERY drunk before I left the house lol. I was expecting there to be people there that didnt end up showing. I have friends that didnt go that are now kicking themselves for it.

Mine was 4 years ago and it was great fun! So glad I went. I even flew back to Victoria for it.

If you do go, you might be surprised how hot all the girls are now and how ugly the blokes are!

I think it depends on how you feel about it?
    I went but wish I hadnt. It was just like highschool all over again...the girls were mean to eachother and I felt so out of place like i did at school, it wasnt overly organised..lucky I had to leave to feed DS2...but thats how I felt!

If you think you will enjoy yourself do it! good luck x

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Mine was 4 years ago and it was great fun! So glad I went. I even flew back to Victoria for it.

If you do go, you might be surprised how hot all the girls are now and how ugly the blokes are!
    hahah so true, my high school crush became a slob!

I didn't go. I had just separated from my then DH and was about 20kg overweight and felt like I had done nothing with my life. I didn't have a good paying job, I hadn't travelled, I didn't have a family, I didn't go to uni - I was just... nothing.

But I don't regret it because apparently it was pretty much like high school with all the "barbie dolls" paying out the non-cooler kids.

I did , but it was kind of just a meet-up at a park. Not a big deal really, and I didn't stay long.

I reckon it's worth going for curiosity sake, nothing says you have to stay if it's crap

Mine is later this year. I'm quite keen to go but my BFF needs some convincing. I think it will be fun because it's in the country so we get a road trip out of it, too. Plus most of us have moved from there so it will be fun to all be in the one place for the first time in 10 years! Even if we only stay for a few hours we can always leave if we're bored and go check out some of our old haunts and have a laugh.

If you have a good mate who you can go with, I think: why not?

I went to mine but I went to a clique Anglican school and do you know what? Ten year later all the cliquey groups still had their old sets of friends and I felt like I knew no-one....no different to school really. Only this time I think it was because I'd changed tenfold since school and they were all still same old same old.
    It was good to go from a more confident perspective and be grateful how much my life had changed.

Nope didn't go and don't regret it.
    I just couldn’t be bothered with all the BS and the token 'we gotta catch-up again really soon' comments.
    TBH I have stayed in touch with the girls ' wanted' to since finishing school
    Also I went to school on the North Side or Sydney and grew up on the Northern Beaches and currently live out west due to DH business and I KNOW they will judge me for that alone.

I didn't go to mine and don't regret it either. I kept in touch with those I really wanted to, and I was feeling far too insecure to go catch up with everyone else at that point in my life. My only regret was telling my best mate how I felt, as she rang me drunk as a skunk from the reunion loudly saying into her mobile that everyone was asking about me and didn't care if I was unhappy they wanted to catch up on old times I could hear people yelling out hello to me awwww mate she's lucky I love her ha ha

i went to mine, it was ok, lucky id just had DD1 as i had huge engorged boobs and a sore vagina, so left early!

i didn't go - and no regrets. i left the area and came back a few years later - i work with a lot of people i went to school with - and they are still the same stuck up cows they were back then. i just didn't see the point. i was pregnant with DD and could think of nothing worse than spending time with them so i didn't go!