Thread: Dress or suit for boy Baptism

Talking Dress or suit for boy Baptism

What did you have for your DS's Baptism?

I have bought Zachery a gorgeous white suit. To me a dress just doesnt suit a boy!

*Bump*

We got a little shorts suit - but also had a long white cape that can be worn by each kid

We had a white all in one suit that even had a little tie, its the cutest thing ever But DS was baptised at 4 weeks old.

My cousins had a knitted dress thing with a blue ribbon.. it was quite cute for back in those days i suppose but im a sucker for that kind of thing!

DS had a dress for his Christening, but then shirt and trousers for going out afterwards. To me, babies in dresses is fine, no matter what gender. Dresses are SO much easier than trousers or those wondersuit things. If only fashions were still all babies in dresses!

DS was 26 days old, so was not at the fussy clothes stage. Thankfully.

DS was 5 months and was *meant* to be in the gown my Mum made for my sisters children. He wore the gown - got too hot and had to be stripped off. He was baptised in a nappy with a white stole - so almost naked We had photos later. As long as it is a simple design and not too frilly I am fine with a dress for a boy. DD will be wearing the same outfit this weekend for her baptism.

DS is not Baptised, but my brother and I wore the same Christening gown that all of my cousins have worn. Everyones initials get embroidered on to it.

both my children wore the chrstening gown that i wore, in the church that my df was christened in. i think the gowns are beautiful no matter the sex...

I couldnt very well put a dress on an 8YO now could I Nikolaus was baptised in december last year....he wore shorts and and shirt

our son is wearing a sailer suit

Our DS wore the family christening gown, the same gown his dad and sister wore. I did contemplate a suit thingo but to be honest, I think they can (not saying all do!) look a little tacky - no offence to anyone that decides to go this way!

If we have another boy, he will wear the same gown.
    Last edited by Willow; May 5th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.

i wanna see pics kim!!! Mason wore a gorgeous all in one satin romper with a matching bonnet and booties!

we are buying a "unisex" style baptism gown for Gremlin (have found and ordered it!) that will be used for any children we have. my bro's dd's and ds all wore their family gown, and apart from the fact that their DS was a bigger baby so it didn't flow as much, it looked fine

I like dresses for boys and girls!!

My mum made my DS's christening gown, complete with embroidery. Next babes will wear it too.