Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eternity rings....

Towards the end of my pregnancy with DS (we'd been married for 3 years then) I went out and bought myself one. I got it designed and made specially with 5 diamonds (in a row) to match the two either side of my ruby engagement ring. I tell everyone (except you ladies here right now of course )that DH bought it for me to celebrate the birth of DS. I did tell DH that I was going to go and do it, and he didn't protest too much, so that's as good as buying it for me I reckon.

no ring for me today

I got mine after DD was born. Its got two small rubies and a diamond. Its moulded as part of the set (which was designed by DH).

I hope you can get one soon hon xxx

AJP, I agree with Holly. Buy yourself one with the Rudd money! Sorry you diddn't get your ring

A verly close friend of mine told me that you should get one for every child that you have. So I asked for one when we were expecting our little boy. Even though he didn't make it in this world, I still got one for his birth and I engraved his name and date of birth on the inside of it. It's my little tresure now.

I've heard 10 years married, first baby and alot 1st year married...I'm out for the 1st year married and DH insists it's 10 years married as that'll be the last one to happen as we are ttc atm. lol.
    I like the idea of the one when you have the first bub, but it's really the time when money's the tightest.

I got mine on our first anniversary but DD was 3 months old by then so I reckon I deserved it! LOL. I wear mine on my right hand because I wear my engagment ring and split wedder (ie two wedding bands that sit either side) on my left hand (obviously ) so no room for a 4th ring and it looked funny anyway.

I got a wide band with Ceylon saphires and diamonds. must admit I rarely wear it these days because I wear a lot of silver and it's yellow gold ...should pull it out and start wearing it. Sometimes I wear it with my wedders either side instead of my diamond engagement ring.

Hope you get one soon!
    Last edited by Willow; March 23rd, 2009 at 08:09 PM.

I heard the 10 years a long with the first baby. Had not heard any "rules" till after our first, so I decided to wait for out 10th, which is next year. I have been reminding DH, but I may have to save for it myself.

I got mine just before we had DD. We had been married about 4 years. And I got it just cause I wanted to..

But haven't worn it in ages. By the time my finger felt comfortable to wear it again after DD, I fell pg again and it is too tight.. Have to get all rings cleaned before I wear again cause it looks so sparkley compared to wedding and engagement rings..

I want one too but i doubt i'll get it. DH never buys me jewellery unless i constantly ask and then whats the point? There's no surprise then.

i have managed to wear my engagement/wedding/eternity rings right through the pg so far. when we got the eternity ring (DH picked it, goes with the bridal set) we got them merged together as the wedding ring and engagement ring fit together and were moving a little. i haven't had any dramas wearing them (thankfully) - actually not looking forward to taking them off when it comes time to go to hospital seeing i don't want them to go missing at all!

DH had heard of others getting their partners "maternity" rings, but given we were having trouble TTC he got eternity ring for first anniv. apparently i'm getting a diamond necklace of some sort (he's hidden it in the safe) when Gremlin arrives.... he has pretty good taste in jewellery, so i'm kinda looking forward to seeing it!

no fair BG!!

i wore my rings the whole pregnancy too, even the really hot days, never had to take them off!

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    no fair BG!!

i wore my rings the whole pregnancy too, even the really hot days, never had to take them off!

sowwwy!!

my man likes to buy pretty stuff - and i'm not complaining!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

i got mine after DS was born.

took a lot of harrasing to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

It used to be 10 years then (somehow ) changed to 1st anniversary or first baby. I'll be waiting until the 10 years for many, many reasons!!!

Default funny update

thought i should update.
    the other day mum gave me a diamond ring that belonged to my great aunt, it has i large-ish diamond and 10 smaller diamonds, she told me i can do as i please with it, so gong to have to remade into an eternity ring!! probably going to cost me more to have it remade than it would have done to buy a new one!

dont think so
    my wedding and engagement rings were made with family diamonds.
    for remodelling was half the price of buynig the same style with same size diamond..
    and then i got rose gold engagment and white gold wedder and yellow eternity but this one hasnt been made yet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12