Thread: Grrr FSIL as bridesmaid VENT

Angry Grrr FSIL as bridesmaid VENT

Well my FSIL is a bridesmaid (aswell as my sister and 3 friends) and she is driving me BONKERS!
    its all about her, what type of style dress SHE wants, what colour SHE wants, where SHE wants to go for MY hens night, blah blah blah...
    I want a pink dress for them, tea length, with silver shoes, i have to turn into a bridezilla and tell her. The thing is she is only in the bridal party coz she CRIED coz she wasnt.... Now she making it all about her!

Ok best go now before i say something mean.. But what would YOU do?

~Belinda~ Guest

how annoying! she cried as she wasn't in the bridal party? no offence but what an idiot. there's no way i would have allowed her in the bridal party, my wedding, not hers. if she couldn't deal with it, that's her problem.

on a journey called life, finding our way home

Oh I agree with eveningstar!! you have to say something, i no its hard and some peopole dont like to but i think you have too, Just tell her if shedosnt like it theway you are doing it, then she dosnt have to be in the wedding party!!
    good luck with her and the wedding

Argh sounds so much like my own sister when i was getting married. Everything id picked out wasnt good enough for her....and i stood my ground. Like it or lump it.....in the end she said 'i dont want to be in your bridal party'..LOL

I had the exact same problem!! What you need to do is just say to her this is MY wedding this is how I want MY bridesmaids to be if YOU do not like that there is the door make sure it doesn't hit you on the way out lol!!! This is supposed to be fun if you are already having the stress's tell her to walk I would!! Don't let anyone tell you what to do with your wedding you will find that you will have wished that you did it your way and regret it

Can you get one of the other bridesmaids to pull her up for you??

Its not supposed to be like this. Just get her measurements, get the dress made and give it to her....that is if you still want her around.

Hey - sounds a bit weird to me. Who cries over something like that? Do you know her well?

Could you enlist the help of your sister and three mates who are the other bridesmaids to try and shift her perspective (i.e. that it's actually ALL ABOUT YOU ). As long as you have the support of the other 4 girls who will take your lead on things like dress, shoes and hens location she will be outnumbered. I'd get them to help you so you don't have to become a horrible brideszilla!! Good luck

what a PITA.
    The problem is that she's going to be family for life so maybe a compromise might work. I personlly don't like the thing where all the bridesmaids wear the same dress because it always looks dreaful on one of them who has the wrong body to carry it off. Maybe you could just pick a fabric and let all your bridesmaids choose a style that they like.
    As for your hen's night - too bad. If she doesn't like it then she doesn't have to go.

Thanks girls. She actually lives with us so its a little harder than that, although i will be standing my ground. I thought about the different dresses with the same materials and DF doesnt want that he thinks it will look 'tacky'... although i loved it. So did my bridesmaids. Oh well.
    Im just going to put my foot down and tell her, she can either walk or get over it. I wouldnt be crying if she didnt put me in her bridal party...

oh i so feel for you, my FSIL did the same for me in my wedding, i only hd her in our wedding cause she caused such a scene for my brother when we didnt ask her to be our DS godmother. At this point i think i had meet her twice ah derr, but she carried on about it. I had her in my wedding party and she was a pain in the but, whinged about everything. I chose to ignore her complaints and would just keep doing what i wanted while she sooked about it.

well, what does she absolutely NOT want? ie shoes, colour dress etc? Id be going with that! "Oh my dear, you dont like the 80's puffy style watermelon tizzy dress the girls are having? Oh, well dems da breaks!"

N maybe she will quit of her own accord?

LOl, sorry, not much help, im just feeling terribly vindictive myself ATM. Best of luck to ou hun, i am learning that in most cases in laws just... well..... suck

LOL Kitt3n i was thinking of having canary yellow dresses or green coz she HATES those colours.. I had been thinking of that!! We must be soo similar.
    We are going bridesmaid shopping about 2 weeks after i have had bubs so im just going to put my foot down.. she can like it or lump it!

Are you paying for the dresses? Cause if you are I say absolutely you can tell her what to wear. But if she is paying, that might be different BUT that said she has guilt-tripped her way in to the bridal party so it probably evens itself out.

We are putting $100 towards the dresses, so we will be paying for most of it.

Scorpio she sounds like a bridemaidzilla, you poor thing