Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your partner

Default How did you meet your partner

thought i would start this thread to hear of everyones stories!

DH was my manager at Kmart and actually hired me!! liked my eyes and bum!!!
    we've been together for 7 1/2 years, married 5

We met clubbing one night. Got talking, I went home with him (yes I know, they hussy I am lol) and have been together for 5 years now, married for 18 months.

We met in a bar, he gave me a drink (a pint with about 10 shots in) and used my inebriation to kiss me... and sent me a love-note the next day so I just went along with it! That was over six years ago now.

I met my DH in a pizza/chicken shop two days after I turned 17! I was with a group of friends and he was with a carfull of his mates when they drove by and saw us, came back and chatted us up. I went with his mate for a few weeks then we got together and have been for 16years, married for 12!!

i met my dh out at a pub. We was checking each other out for abit - like ages, and so i went up and asked him to dance. But, i had thought that he wasnt to keen, and was prob more interested in my friend that i was with, as she was certainly interested in him. But, nope, he only had eyes for me. I thought he was to good looking for someone like me.
    The first, and only time in my life, i asked him to come home with me....
    And the rest, as they say - is history.
    I was practically moved in with him about 5 weeks later.

Work..........we met when we both started the Optus on the very same day.........11 years ago. I never faniced him at all back then.......he charmed his way into my affections eventually.........

We met at a local fav pub stamford arms in Scarborough, Perth! I am a HUGE believer in Fate - The story goes like this. (sorry it is a bit long.)

My Girlfriend and i were totally over men as we just kept getting duds all the time etc so we decided to have a really fun girls night out! So it happens we got very drunk and a guy came up to me and said my friend likes you. I turned and said oh yeah which one and he pointed to my Dp my mouth dropped (he was hot) and i told me girlfriend that he liked me (she also thought he was hot) so i took the chance and went and said hi etc etc. The whole night he bought me drinks and looked after me. But then my G/f had a hissy fit as her ex arrived and they had a fight so i told my Dp to hold my drink and i will be back. I didn't go back i left and looked after my friend. I was so upset the next day i knew i had to find him again as i knew he was the one! ( Dp stood holding my drink all night waiting for me to come back until close and the bouncer told him that i wasn't coming back and he would have to leave.)

I gave myself to New Years Eve to try and see him again at the pub as i had no contact number etc, I saw his mates and they told me he would be there on a certain date and of cause i fell sick. Boo Hoo . I decided that i had to go there New Years eve and if he wasn't there it was not ment to be. The clock ticked over 12 and no sign of my Dp but then i went to the bar for some reason and i heard this person say my name and it was my Dp. We have been unseparable since we met again new years eve. It was fate for us thats for sure and we were ment to be.

We have travelled alot and made a huge move from our Home town Perth to cairns together and we have one princess Tayneesha and another on the way. I am so lucky to have found my one and only love he is the best partner i could have ever dreamt of having. We plan to marry but no rush for us as we basically are married we just have different surnames.

Jen

I think there is a thread on this in relationships.

I met DH through mutual friends. I had known him a while before I asked him out, as he played in a band, and I had seen them a few times. My housemate (one of the mutual firends) bugged me for a ges to break up with my then boyfriend and go out with DH instead.
    I waited and eventually we did break up.

DH's housemate asked me out to the movies, and I (naively) thought he meant with a group....so then I had to tell him that whilst I did think he was a great guy, I kinda had the hots for his housemate.

He was OK to start with, but I think me being there all the time wore thin cos after a while DH got kicked out of the house, and the band they were both in (which DH started mind you!!)

We met via the net...lol. Then he used to come in where i used to work...hit it off pretty quickly. Been together for 2 years, married for 9 months.

We met at my place at the time, He came over one night and we all got on the ****, I was actually trying to hook him up with my neighbour lol. He wouldn't leave me alone and ended up coming over everyday for about 2 weeks, I started falling for him eventually and Here we are now 4 years,2 kids later.( I fell preggers with DS 1 1/2 months after we got together:O)

Ellie

DH and i met over the net too.. not going to get into details but have been together for 3.5 years and married 9 months and wouldnt change anything for the world.

I met him on a night cruise on the harbour. We both didnt want to be there, lol, the cruise was soooo boring, and I kept on seeing my ex there because he was the DJ there. I was sitting down with a friend and this guy (now DH) walked over and looked at me so I smiled and said Hi, and he asked to dance with me. I hate dancing, so I said NO!! hahaha and he looked really cut and walked away. I then saw him later in the night when I was a bit more drunk and we got talking. We were on the roof deck of the boat and it started raining so he did the good old hug thing to help me be warm. He asked for my number and I gave it to him and he called the next day. We arranged to go out the following day and have been together since.

Yeh definately.. and those certain dating websites.. might work too.. lol.. Repondez S'il Vous Plait

DH and i were set up - but it was the worst set up you can imagine - they forgot to introduce us!!!

we were supposed to be partnered together in a friends wedding, and apparently we found out later they'd decided we were perfect for each other and had to meet - thing is, the first time we were at the same place they completely forgot that we'd never met. i'd worked out who he was from what was being said, and when talk turned to stuff to do with the wedding, he told the bride-to-be that, seeing noone had bothered to tell him what kind of suit to get, he was just gonna show up in his shorts and singlet. now, i'm a pretty shy person, and SOOOO not a fan of wearing dresses - so i turned around and said "if i have to wear a bloody dress, you have to wear a bloody suit!"

apparently that was enough to get DH interested. the next night was the hens/busck do, so once the bucks night wound up, he dragged the groom to the hens night so that we could spend some time together. officially got together 10 days after we met, and married 12 months later. couldn't be happier!

but yeah, as far as set up's go, it was pretty lame!!

At high school in year 11. My Deb partner turned out to be a bit of a drop kick and very unreliable. My best friend was having her deb dress made by a lady whose son was new at our school and he was interested. Realised he was in my english class, asked him to be my partner and the rest is history!

LOL dating sites work... even if u do use them as a bit of fun and for a laugh

I agree with Kim dating sites do work as that is how i met my DH.

I worked 7nights a week and some times them nights where 12hr shifts. One Sunday night for a change i didn't work, saw in the Sunday magazine about a dating site and joined and met DH a few days later. I must admit i did have a few glasses of wine before i joined the site

Ellibam Guest

we met through friends at a 4,6 and rotary drag meet (we are rev heads)
    he was drunk and i had been trying to get his attention all night but he was flirting with his best mates gf
    then about a month later he called me (i wasn't happy that a friend had given him my no)
    and we made a date but then i cancelled it then we made another and drove from pub to pub trying to find somewhere that didn't want a deposit for the pool table (we were young and povo back then) then went to some fancy pants restaraunt for a coffee (we didnt know it was a restaraunt till the owner got snooty). 2 days later(easter thurs) i got drunk called him to come and get me, we did the deed and i thought that was it ( i know sounds bad) but he hasnt let me go since!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast