Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left it too late to get a cake! Help!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Left it too late to get a cake! Help!

My mum and dad's 40th wedding anniversary is next Sunday and she called me today to ask if I could organise the cake for her as my present to them. I readily agreed as it was an easy out for me ( :P ) as far as thinking of a present, but I didn't realise that to get a proper, nice, custom made cake, I needed to have ordered something 4-5 months ago! No one will take my order!! I'm freaking out now. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have clever cake-making type friends here in Perth? Help me pllllleeeeeeeaaaase!

Most places should be able to help out, I've had a cake ordered 24 hrs in advance. Just ring around, I bet ya you'll find somewhere. Goodluck

Cai,

I've called about 6 places already and everyone has said it's too late to order one now. The last lady suggested that the cheesecake shop round the corner from her would decorate one of the ready made cakes for me, but it's a cheesecake shop cake, how do I offer that up for their 40th anniversary? I'm started to think my mum left this job with me when she realised she had forgotten to do it!

I've ordered from Michel's Patisserie within 48hrs of a party and got it on the day.

My sister actually ordered her wedding cake from the cheesecake shop, then her MIL tiered and decorated it. She ordered 3 tiers of different mud flavoured mud cake covered in white cadbury chocolate - and it was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted (and I hate cake!).

Just got knocked back by another 2 shops. The cheesecake shop is starting to look good now...

Eeeek! Good luck Sushee! I'm sure you'll work something out.

Michels and also furgeson plarre also do 48 hr turnover...

Sorry I hope I didn't sound like I was stating the obvious in my post I promise I didn't mean to

I got both my 21st cake and our very simple wedding cake - a a slab cake decorated with white chocolate ganache and gold hearts from the Cake Box - you can google it. Look under Special Occasions. Not to sure if it is too far away but they are lovely cakes and I thought reasonably priced.
    1/ 8 Zeta Crs O'Connor WA 6163
    ph: (08) 9314 1074

Good Luck!!!

I didn't have long to organise Charlie's Christening cake as we only had a couple weeks etc & was in hosp when it was meant to be so had to cancel & so on. I did end up getting his cake from the Cheescake shop as they now do Chocolate shard edging etc & it had a big ribbon around it.....I was really pleased at how it looked & not many ate it anyway.

Caro,

I will look them up on Yellow Pages. Or can you PM me? Thank you thank you thank you. Yes it's the 4th of Nov, next Sunday. Nat, the Cake Box were the first people I called and they said I was too late!

You are a lifesaver Caro! Thank for the info, I've spoken to them, mentioned your name and am seeing her tomorrow to organise the cake! Thank you so much! Beautiful cakes too!

Awesome cakes! Sorry I didn't realise what you meant Sushee and once again sowwwiiieeeee

Aw Cai, s'okay. I didn't think it would be difficult tbh. Shows you how much I know! Caro, the $$ is okay, after all it is their 40th wedding anniversary.

Yeah I think $100 or around is a great price! Cheap even!

How did you go Sushee?

I am in the process of ordering Masons christening cake and they only need 48 hours notice too. You should live in melbourne

I was just coming in to update that the cake story has taken a new twist. My mum called today to ask if she could have an ice cream cake (WTF??) and I asked if she was 3 years old, but she's adamant. I have to cancel with Major Cakes now (I'm soooo sorry caro) and go looking for a %$#&%ing ice cream cake, FFS.

BASKIN ROBBINS!!!!! its the only ice cream cake to have. Exxy but soooo worth it

Major Cakes were amazing! They gave me the number of a someone who does do ice cream cakes so I'm back on track!

ETA Baskins Robbins? Why didn't I think of that? Thanks Cailin! I shall let my fingers do the walking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast