Thread: Wedding/engagement party??

Default Wedding/engagement party??

Has anyone done this? I want to make our wedding a surprise for our families as it has been quite a while coming, and I am also looking at spending as little as possible.

Can I ask how much approx you spent, and was it worth it??

cheers.

Nicky, I haven't done it, but I know two people who did.

One, the couple was in on it together. They invited everyone to thier engagement part with a theme. YOu had to wear Hawaiian top and formal bottom (or the other way round if you wanted). THey were told to be there for 6pm sharp. And at 6.15 out can the bride in her wedding dress.

The second friend was the groom who had no idea. THey were engaged and the bride threw a surprise birthday for him. That's what everyoe else thought anyways. So they get there, he gets there and there's a suit waiting for him...turns out to be their wedding.

I think it's a fantastic idea.

Thanks

DP and I are thinking of only letting one of my sisters know, so she can help with the arrangements, and be a bridesmaid, have everyone turn up for an engagement party, formally dressed, and telling them that we have an announcement to make, which they will all most likely think is another baby on the way... LOL

Then when everyone gets there, I will walk uot in my wedding dress to an archway, and get married. well, that's all I have so far anyway... LOL
    We have to get engaged first, but it is on the cards....

Oooh that sounds like aplan Nicky.

Hope it happens for you soon! It's very exciting!!!!

Enchanted Guest

My Mum and Step Dad did this Nicky. They hired out a gorgeous place right on Albert Park and they said it was their engagement party but only a few people knew what was happening. So Mum and my Step Dad carried on with the night as usual and then about an hour into it we disappeared and go changed. I was flowergirl, my Aunty was Maid of Honour so we helped Mum into her dress and then out we went. People were expecting speeches to be taking place, not us walking out with my Mum behind us in her gorgeous wedding dress!

I was the photographer for friends that did it a few years ago. Everyone went to the engagement party, all went along normally for about an hour & a half. Then all of a sudden the bride's nephew was sick, oh no, bride, sister & nephew had to go to out to the other little room attached to the function room to look after him...... They were actually getting changed, bride, bridesmaid & page boy Everyone was so shocked as there was only the three getting changed, the groom & me that knew what was really going on.

The cost was basically whatever it would cost to hire out the function room at the club & meals. All alcohol was paid for by the guests at the bar.