Thread: what to get god daughter

Default what to get god daughter

HI all,
    My darling 9 week old neice is being christened on the 20th July, I have been asked to be her Godmother. I am rapt.

I am just looking for some suggestions as to what to get her for a special gift.
    Im getting in now as if our bub is on time , the christening will only be 4 weeks after.

Thanks

I did a poem and printed it on a frosted piece of paper (cant think of the names of them ) you can do invites on them (they have prints on them and u put them over the top of a coloured piece of paper) damn mental blank..... anyway i did that and put it a frame with a divider in it and got a pic of me and my god daughter on the day of the christening and put that in there ...... it worked out really well actually

Anyway if i can think of the name of the piece of paper ill get back to you LOL

Sarah

vellum paper???

when my god daughter was baptised, i got her a cross to wear on the day - that she will be able to keep for life. also got her a silver moneybox engraved with her name and DOB.

We were Godparents a month ago - we bought our niece a tiny gold bangle and had 'There for you always' engraved on the inside.

We also gave her (which I make for all of the children in our family) a bottle of red wine from the year that she was born (in our case 2007).
    I always buy a bottle that will cellar well, I take the label off it and do one myself that has a picture of her and the label has written on it;

" ESPECIALLY SELECTED TO
    CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF

Daughter of *** and *** ****"

I also put the DOB along the bottom.

I do the same with a label on the back, but it has the name & vintage of the wine, and a small message from us (like what you would write in a card) - and then a quote (something about babies & children) along the bottom.

I then put it in a box full of straw, cover it in tissue paper, etc.

All of the kids in our family get one when they either get Christened or have their naming day.... we all had them and when our parents did our speeches at our 21st, we opened the bottles.

If you're interested in one, let me know, I can help you out doing one (people have got me to make them for all kinds of occasions now!)

They're personal and easy to do - and really only cost you whatever you want to spend on the bottle of wine (I find anything from $30 bottle up will cellar well.. but of course talk to the people selling you the wine )

I love your idea's Holly.

I would say a little gold cross on a chain. Abbey got 2 gold crosses, and a gold braclet for her baptism.

I got my God daughter a charm bracelet with one charm on it.
    Now every year her birthday comes around she gets a new charm as well as her normal pressie

My DD got some gorgeous things for her christening.

A silver cross on a chain from her godmother
    A faith/love/hope charm from her godfather

And from other family/friends she got:
    A children's bible
    Silver engraved jewellery box
    Bracelet
    Letter 'E' charm (her first initial)
    Photo frame engraved with her name and christening date
    Money box

I love sammiejanes idea, that is what i was going to suggest!

I was thinking of the charm bracelet too.

Also depending on the religion, its generaly tradition for the god parents to buy a bible too.

There are some really beautiful charm bracelets on etsy (I plan to get one for my goddaughter )