Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would love to hear how you were proposed to . .

Default would love to hear how you were proposed to . .

So. . Dp and i have been discussing marriage for the past few months. Only recently have we spoken about how he would propose. He is so NOT romantic and it doesnt really bother me, but he has started to stress in a way thinking how he'll do it lol

I dont expect anything elaborate and he knows that. I did say to him that something like breakfast in bed would be nice or something as simple as flowers sent to with with something sweet on the card would do me. As long as its from the heart :-)

So . . . How was THE question sprung on u?

Nothing fancy here, at home after work on our birthday he was giving me my presents then got down on one knee and proposed with a gorgeous antique ring!

We went on a holiday to phuket...we just got to our room and DH drops to one knee and reads a poem he has written himself
    He said he had planned to take me down to the beach and do it but he said he couldnt wait any longer

DW and I went on holiday when we finished university. We scrimped and saved and spent a week on Heron Island. We got up early one morning to watch the sea turtles come up onto the beach and lay their eggs, which they only do for a few weeks a year. I had the ring and knew I was going to propose while we were there, but hadn't been able to think of anything special to do, so decided the situation was right, got down on one knee and proposed.

Then, we had such a long engagement that we decided to do it again. We had got DW a new engagement ring because we had been working for a few years and had a chance to save up, so we went out to a cabin in the blue mountains, had dinner by a log fire, and I proposed again. We left a rubbing of the engagement ring in the guest book.

have you seen the new ad for Minties? Far out it's funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSq11mZJcUs but it ****s me that it's a Nestle company

Anyway as for my proposal, it was so ordinary. It was the night after my 21st party and all the oldies were hanging around for hours later than they normally would have because everyone thought he was going to pop the question at the party, so the poor bugger really had the pressure on - made worse by the fact that we'd brought the ring a few weeks before on a whim because we walked past a jeweller's that was having a sale so it was going to happen soon, but the deal was that I didn't put the pressure on and he'd do it when he was ready. But it got the better of him and he asked me at 3am, he was drunk and we were just about to go to bed LOL. Hardly romantic but I said yes none the less

Nothing too fancy here but it always makes me laugh....

DH left for "work" (but I didn't know he raced and picked up the ring we'd had made) and my normal routine would be to leave about 1.5hrs later. I got a call 5 mins after he left with a work emergency, so I showered dressed and was out the door within 15mins. Poor DH in the meantime had picked up the ring, some flowers, and driven back home to suprise me, parking the car around the corner and sneaking in to the unit complex, into the unit then into the bedroom to suprise me with a proposal. All he found was an empty bedroom ha ha

I got home earlier than him that afternoon and when he walked in he gave me the flowers and I was so nervous I kept walking around pottering and he was following me and then he said really sternly "just sit down in one place will you". I dropped into a chair, he dropped down on one knee and asked if I would be his wife. He got a little teary, I said yes, we kissed, and then he told me the story of trying to suprise me that morning. The poor guy had been a nervous wreck all day waiting to propose and reckons he was devestated when he'd walked in to find me gone to work. He reckons he ninja'd so quietly into the unit it took ages to get through the front door and to the bedroom

We went out to dinner that night and I spent the evening pointing to everything in an exaggerated manner to show off my ring

DH booked us into a hotel in the city because it was my birthday and took me out to my favourite restaurant. I had convinced myself earlier that it was going to happen, and then spent the evening convincing myself it wasn't going to happen because I didn't want it to spoil the evening I did it so well that when DH started to tell me how much I meant to him, I kept interrupting him and agreeing with things he said until he finally reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring that he had chosen himself, got down on one knee and proposed. Was so so beautiful and I wouldn't change a thing.

Corelly x

Default would love to hear how you were proposed to . .

We were on a holiday down south and had travelled down to the Cape Leeuwin lighthouse. I was taking photos of the most southern tip of WA and the lighthouse. I said to DH "let's take some photos of the other side of the lighthouse" and as I turned around he was holding a ring up in front of me and said "marry me first". My response was "are you serious?" and then I said yes

It had been about a month since we discovered I was pg and for a few weeks had been toying with the idea of getting married. Initially we had thought no as we didn't think we could scrape together the cash and because of the whole shotgun thing but that night we were sitting on the couch at my folks after everyone else had gone to bed and had a long chat about it. Around 2 am we eventually came to the conclusion it would be the perfect way to become a proper family...so why not do it sooner rather than later.

DH got down on one knee and proposed there and then with a ring he'd given me 3 years previously for our first Christmas together (I'd taken it off and put it on the coffee table as my fingers were a little swollen, he'd spotted it and thought why not!). I hugged him and said "of course!" He replaced it a few months later with a white gold and diamond one

DH proposed in Santorini, Greece. We were backpacking around the world and we spent a week in Santorini. We lashed out to stay one night in a cave house on the cliffs at Oia (where all the awesome sunset shots from Greece are taken ). We spent the afternoon chatting and drinking, it was a perfect day in a postcard location. We watched the amazing sunset over the Med on our rooftop terrace and DH got down on bended knee, told me I meant the world to him and how he didn't want to live without me and then asked me to marry him. Very romantic!!

On a beach on Koh Lanta in Thailand. We were having ****tails and watching the sun set over the water. He kept taking really depp breaths and not saying anything, so I knew it was coming. He didn't even get to finish the question before I said yes - like a million times! It was Christmas Eve, and we got married on a beach the following year.

DH was working away and had taken me into the shops before he went and chosen a ring to layby. he came home a few weeks later and was to meet my grandarents the next day for the first time. he told me he wanted to ask me a question but couldn't cos he didn't have what he needed (and i was tired so way too vague) - i told him he couldn't do that, he had to ask me now (oops!), so he asked me if i'd like to introduce him to my nan as my fiance instead of my boyfriend! was very sweet - we were laying in bed cuddling after not seeing each other for four weeks - gorgeous!

DH gave me a bunch of flowers. Now he NEVER buys flowers so I was suss to start with. Asked what he had done/is about to do wrong. LOL
    I kindly said thanks and put them in a vase and threw out the paper. When he saw me do it his response was ":well aren't you going to read the card?" Umm...no....there wasn't a card....
    So back through the bin i go looking for the card in which there was a gorgeous ring!!!
    Of course my answer was YES YES YES!!!

He didnt really ..... DD was sort of a surprise baby... so he goes I guess we should get married. I told him he had to propose to me but our wedding day 3 months later came before he did. I picked out the rings, but he went and bought them and picked them up, they were special order for size so they were only ready a fortnight before the weeding. He gave them to me while i was laying in bed.

I used to collect teapots. He isn't really romantic either but he did well.

He waited until we got to the Mad Hatters Tea Party Ride at Disneyland and then made a run for the hot pink one (my fave - beat all the 6yos too lol), and then he did it there.....

Still makes me swoon lol.

Some of these are very romantic!
    DH sprung it on me just when I was about to leave for work one afternoon. Was looking in the fridge for something & when I turned around he asked me. I remember telling him to get down on one knee first lol!

Wow, Sunshine, thank goodness you found the card, LOL!
    And PMSL @ Kim - teapots making you swoon

My DH is a photographer. We went camping and as was (and still is) standard fare, DH was screwing around taking photos of the sunset. He used to use a Hasselblad camera (which you can pull apart) and he secretly slotted a bit of plastic that he'd typed on onto the lens of the camera.
    I was starting to get impatient because it was getting cold and the sunset was nice but not spectacular. Eventually he said, "Would you like to take a look?" (also something I did a lot) and I was secretly thinking, "No, I just want to go back to the fire where it's warm!" but I looked and there, written on the sunset was "Will you marry me, Amy?"
    (I have kept the bit of overhead plastic in my wallet. It was 10 years old last April.)

We moved into our own appartment together 2 and a half weeks after we met. On the 1st night I came home from work to a treasure hunt all over our 4 level appartment, searching from clue to clue and ended finding my dh on one knee in a white shirt and red bow tie I knew he was the one but I had NO IDEA it was coming! He took my hand, said some beautiful words and presented me with a picture frame and our symbol (which we had drawn/designed in the previous 2 weeks) and the words he had said to propose were printed in the frame also. He handed that to me and said, "I know you will want to design your own ring and get it made just like you want so this will have to do until then" I didn't realise until after I had said yes and got excited etc etc but dh told me my hand was shaking the whole time lol We then got my ring made and are living happily ever after, I still can't believe how much he swept me off my feet and how much I love him and how much he loves me and our family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast