Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas to earn money from home??

Question Any ideas to earn money from home??

Hi all, I'm searching for ideas to make some cash from home but can't think of anything!! I have an almost 3 yr old and another due late september and would love to be able to stay home with them as i have for my DS so far and a little extra cash wouldn't go astray...
    Any ideas would be appreciated!! Thanks

Have you checked out the party plan style stuff? Avon, nutrimetics etc

One of my options is to do a web design course and hopefully make some money of doing IT things like that. So maybe a course, proofreading?

Or try seeing if you can become a mystery shopper?

Good luck

Do you have a green thumb? If you can propogate seeds (trees, flowers, veges, herbs) and sell them as pot-plants at a market it might be profitable.
    It's not 100% home based but you could do 90% of it at home. The advantage of selling at markets is that they're generally on weekends so your DH could look after the children. The planting & growing can be done when it's convenient for you.

Kate what's a mystery shopper?? sounds interesting....

Dachlostar, i don't have much of a green thumb but it sounds like a great idea, i could learn to! I was thinking about selling something at markets but wasn't sure what.

If you're a good cook another thing you could sell at markets is home-made jams, preserves, pesto, chutney, pickles, sauces etc.
    You can cook at night after the children are asleep (because boiling liquids and babies don't mix) and when you build up a stock get a stall.
    It costs more to set up than plants....
    If you have a freind who can go halves with you it will reduce your stall cost.

Some women do other people's ironing. I can't even do my own rofl.

Moving to Working From Home...

Mystery shopping is where you go in to or ring businesses and pretend to be a customer. The ones I have heard of work over the internet and they post and you accept jobs that way. You have to be quick for these as they get snapped up. One is called gapbuster. I've never done one, but they seem a bit tight - like for a takeaway meal, they would reimburse the cost of the meal (the one they specify) and pay something like $6 on top of that.

Something in it's favour is that you don't have to declare it as income. There is some sort of exemption.

It's amazing the simple things that working from home mums come up with !

thanks everyone, u have given me a few ideas to think about...

IVe been doing some mystery shopping lately.. did Coles/Coles Express/Harvey Norman/Lush etc. Coles and coles express you had to purchase up to $10 but are reinbursed plu get $8 on top, Lush ($15) and Harvey Norman ($20) i didnt have to buy anything. I think its a good way to make a bit of extra cash while im out at the shops anyways.

Ive called Family Assistance and they said you dont have to declare it as it is not taxable income.

I have done mystery shopping for Gapbuster for years, its not much money more a free meal or petrol usually with a few extra dollars, now that DD works at McDonalds I can't do them so that cuts out a lot of work.
    What about Family Day Care in your home, you could do a couple of days a week? I guess thats a bit hard with you being pg. What about sewing or mending for people?

bumblebee_01 Guest

Hi, I have been doing Mystery Shopping for years now and earn about $200 p/month. If you would like to get in touch I can give you a list and websites for the most reputable companies. Just email me at [email protected]

Good luck with it all!

HoustonCPA Guest

There are many legit ways to make money from home. I have been blessed to actually find a couple of them that have paid pretty well.

hi bunblebee just wondering if u could snd me some info my emai is [email protected]

I've never heard of this mystery shopper... what exactly do you have to do?

tallestgirl Guest

You can work from home in lots of different capacities - party plan, market research, taking calls etc. I work for an organisation that engages people (mostly mums) working from home but I got into trouble for posting the website (oops!). The best way to find work is to ask what other people have already done and what worked/didn't work for them. Lots of these opportunities require you to set up an ABN and therefore be running a legitimate business as far as the ATO is concerned. If it's cash in hand, then you don't declare it but generally you're not earning huge sums either. Good luck!

Wouldnt try Avon, it costs you more than you make and a lot of people dont buy from you and keep the books!
    I just stopped doing it for that reason

Quote Originally Posted by tallestgirl View Post
    You can work from home in lots of different capacities - party plan, market research, taking calls etc. I work for an organisation that engages people (mostly mums) working from home but I got into trouble for posting the website (oops!). The best way to find work is to ask what other people have already done and what worked/didn't work for them. Lots of these opportunities require you to set up an ABN and therefore be running a legitimate business as far as the ATO is concerned. If it's cash in hand, then you don't declare it but generally you're not earning huge sums either. Good luck!
    Can I email you for the company information that you work from home with?

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee_01 View Post
    Hi, I have been doing Mystery Shopping for years now and earn about $200 p/month. If you would like to get in touch I can give you a list and websites for the most reputable companies. Just email me at [email protected]

Good luck with it all!
    I have sent you a email.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast