Thread: How to Cope ???

Fruitwood Guest

Default How to Cope ???

Hi, I'm not sure if I've put this in the right thread or not, lol. I have recently started working from home, my day mainly revolves around researching laws etc and is mostly done on the computer. It's been working well until this week when my 6 month old has decided that she no longer needs to have naps during the day. Before she was sleeping 3 hours in the morning and 2 - 3 hrs in the afternoon which gave me time to sit down and get things done. Now I'm so far behind in what I needed to have done 3 days ago!!!, lol. This morning I've sat her in front of sesame street which i know I can't do every day but I just needed time to have a shower and check a couple of things. Does anyone have any tips for working from home whilst having an active baby around at the same time. I feel like I'm going nuts trying to get everything done. I'd love to hear any tips other mums have for combining the 2.

The nap-ban is probably a developmental stage and I daresay she'll be back to having at least one soon. I found I had to be really disciplined, and as soon as my DD would go down for a sleep, whether it be one hour once a day or two hours twice a day, I had to get straight onto my work, no stuffing around. I took the phone off the hook and just worked as hard as I could while she slept. I also scheduled the first couple of hours after bedtime (for her 7pm) as work time. I did this six days a week some weeks. I was only employed to work 2.5days, but had the liberty to spread this out as much as I needed to across the week.

I don't know if that helps at all...