Thread: Ozescript-Melbo? Medical typing

Default Ozescript-Melbo? Medical typing

Hi I was just reading the thread about paid surveys and in it Melbo had said that she was going to look at typing up medical transcripts through a company called ozescript. i have googled them and cant find them.

I have a medical/mental health background and am looking to work from home, so I can cling on to my independance. Does anyone know how to get into this?

cheers melissa

mrmoo Guest

Try ozescribe

Hi, no wonder you couldn't find the info, Melbo got the last two letters wrong! The above link is what you are looking for. I don't have medical but I do have typing and office work up my sleeve so maybe they might let me help, who knows! Good luck.
    Last edited by Lucy; February 12th, 2007 at 05:17 PM.

Melissa,

Sorry I have only just noticed your post.

I looked into this some months back but didn't apply for various reasons. There was a story about them in the careers section of "The Age". The woman they interviewed had been a nurse and was interested in working from home after the birth of her two children.

The article said that they required medical experience (probably a course in medical terminology wouldn't hurt either), plus typing skills. They basically send the work out to you at home.

I will be going back to my usual job in a couple of months anyway so won't need the service. It sounds like it would be perfect for your situation. I gather that work is plentiful and they need new people to start all the time.

Regards,

Mel

minimatron... did you end up doing this?

I completely forgot about this, coz no one replied for ages. I will look it up though, but as I am due in 3 weeks, I might just leave it for a bit. But thanks for writing back.
    Has anyone else tried it?
    Melissa

curlylocks11 Guest

i have just started working for them, seems pretty good so far, although i am very slow but should get faster with practise...

I was thinking of looking into this later in the year as I'm due in 6 weeks.

Alison I'm interested to know how you're finding it. Did you do the course and are you getting much work? Good luck with it!

curlylocks11 Guest

i didn't do the course, i already work as a medical lab scientist, and have also done a lot of work as an admin assistant, so they let me start work with them straight away... i have given them a roster of when i want to work and i log on in those hours and do the work, there is plenty of work, too much at the moment actually.. i only started last week, and haven't done a full shift yet, just a few practice ones to get used to it, my first full shift is tomorrow..

Thanks Alison. I'm also a scientist and was wondering if I would have to do the course or not. I don't have much admin experience but I can touch type. I'll definitely look into it after I'm a little more settled with bubs! Good luck with your first shift tomorrow!

I have been sent all of the tests to apply for work with Ozescribe and I have no doubt I will get plenty as I have been a medical transciptionist for the last 12 years. I have been hesitating at the moment though cause I am wary of how it works (never worked from home before). Basically my query is to you girls know if you have set hours? The lady from ozescribe has told me you tell them how many hours per day you can work and they will send you the work. But I was wondering is it like you say I can work 8am to 5pm and you work to those hours like you do in a permanent job or is it that you just have to get the work done in the day that they provide it... i.e. if you had a child to look after and you were stopping and starting and instead of finishing at 5pm got everything done by 8pm would that be acceptable or do they insist you stick to certain working hours. Long way to ask a very simple question but I am sure you get the idea...

Thanks, Mel

curlylocks11 Guest

they need a roster from you, and advise you to treat it like a job in an office.. if you tell them you will work from 8am - 5pm, that is when you log onto the system and do the work. hope that answers your question, they also advise that you don' tlook after any toddlers etc in that time.. i have my roster set mainly for nights and weekends while dh is home and able to look aftet my 2 kids.

Hi guys
    Just wondering how you apply for this?
    I have been in admin for 10 years and whilst i have limited medical knowledge, i am a very efficient typist.
    Any information you have would be great!
    Thanks

i was in a similar position but with a legal background and they wanted me to do their course. from memory it's around $2k.

i think it would be cheaper to do a medical terminology course through other means personally. i am considering it...

curlylocks11 Guest

adkins - just go to the ozescribe website and you should be able to apply from there...

pinkxxflame Guest

Smile

I just stumbled across this thread and was wondering if anyone who has already started working with Ozescribe can let us know how it's going. Is there much work available? What sort of rates do they pay?

I have a little medical background but not much. I wouldn't mind doing the course, but don't know how long it would take me to recoup the money it would cost.

Thanks in advance!