Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paid to do surveys???

mooshie Guest

Default paid to do surveys???

just wanting some info out there, i am currently looking at working from home - maybe a small business or maybe something else, still doing heaps of research.

anyway in all my googling i have come accross a few sites with all these "wonderful" sounding opportunities like getting paid to do surveys - i looooooove doing surveys lol (i am strange) but most of these companies seem american based and they also want you to pay a join up fee

what does anyone think of these - just a scam or are they worth looking into further, anyone joined up with one of these companies and i guess did they get the survey's promised or did they just lose their money

also i am looking at doing data entry from home but can't seemed to find anything on the internet, any other ideas????

thanks

Yeah, I think anything which requires you to pay in order to work for them is very dodgy indeed.

Data entry or typing is a good idea. Do you have medical terminology or anything similar? The opportunities are there for people to do that kind of work at home. A place called Ozescript looks after it. It's an option I'm definitely pursuing.

hey darl, do not ever pay to join something. Definitely a scam! If you wanna email me, I can give you a list of the paid survey companies that i am registered with.

I love doing surveys too and some of them pay not too bad. But its definitely not enough to be classified as an income.

I also do mystery shopping over the phone. This is great and you ger paid up to $15 per call and its soooooo easy. Email me at danni85@dodo.com.au

cazoraz Guest

Hope you dont mind I emailed you too Danni

Just a word of advice - those "paid" surveys only pay about $1.50 - $2.50 per survey you complete, but they take around 15 mins to do.

I use one called Pure Profile and have accumulated about $90 over 3 years. Not much when you put it that way but i didnt pay anything to join and they deposit the money into your bank account or you can use it to buy things online like movie tickets or things from Sanity.

Ive heard some one those other big online survey places are good.. you just have to know which ones and unfort i dont

The mystery shopping would be good.. how do you get into that? I wouldnt mind doing something like that, even ones that go into stores.

i was doing mystery shopping both instore and over the phone i think for the month i did i earned about 120 bucks not too bad and theyput the $$$ into your bank account each month and no tax as it is classed as a hobby pm if you want the link

I did a few surveys online with the hope of getting paid,but I'd always get to the second or third question and I wouldn't be the type of person they'd want so they'd stop the survey and I'd get zilch! Rather annoying as I like surveys too...
    Maybe just go over all the polls on BB to satisfy your survey need?!!!
    Good luck!

If you can get in contact with a market research company in your area (not an online one) its very likely that they conduct surveys at least every week or two where you have to go in person to do the survey/interview. They usually pay pretty well at $30 - $50 a survey too... So maybe see if you can put yourself on some lists to and hopefully they will call you in if they are looking for someone who fits your criteria.
    I used to work for a market research company here in Bris, and would send my friends along every time I knew they were looking for people to survey.
    Although it wouldnt be something that would be very regular...
    I once even got a phone call to do a survey/interview and be paid $90 for... but I was too young for their category...bugga!

I know friends who had completed "surveys" with promise of receiving money and never got anything from them.
    Personally, i signed up for some it was FREE of course and I did some. Some would only let you go so far and if you wernt answering the questions the way they wanted the survey would stop and you would get nothing.
    There was also another catch, once you had earnt about $10-$15 something very minimal, I cant remember the amount exactally now you had to open a bank account with one of their companies or else they would freeze the amount and you would recieve nothing at all.

angelfish Guest

I did some surveys for a few companies (the ones where you can register free) and found it wasn't worthwhile. They take ages to do, most of them are boring, and the pay is minimal. Also it may say that you get $2 or whatever, but usually you can't actually claim the money until you have accumulated a certain amount. Also some of them just put you in the draw for a larger amount, so you're not likely to receive anything.

I also tried Emailcash, and I have to say it's a total ripoff. Yes, you can get good rewards if you do a lot of online shopping at their affiliated sites, but as for getting "paid to read emails" like they claim, it took me a year and a half to get $30. I probably spent more money on internet access (we were on dial-up then).

If you enjoy surveys, then do them, put the money away in a separate account and in a year or so you might have enough to buy something for yourself. But don't think you can do it as a job. If there were a safe, legal, easy way to make heaps of money from home, everyone would be doing it and they wouldn't need to advertise it!

gaginang101 Guest

i find that with all the survey companies that i go sign up with (free of course), i rarely get any surveys sent to me (actually never come to think of it), so i dont bother...

Sonia Williams Guest

Hi Michelle

Before I wrote my book, I did alot of research on those businesses on the web advertising work from home, offering all these wonderful opportunities and I cannot stress enough - stay well clear they will take your money and run.. there is always a catch to these scams and nothing comes for free. I signed up to a number of these sites and was harassed to end...really pushy spokespersons...

On a much lighter note and steering away from completing surveys, have you considered your own skills and interests, as a basis for doing something from home?
    I understand you like surveys but theres not much of a business in it ... so looking within what else do you enjoy doing? - Feel free to email me if you wish to further discuss... what I am alluding to is discovering what you could do from home to make money, whilst still enjoying what your doing and capitalising on the skills you already have.
    Cheers
    Sonia

i do payed surveys well they give you points which you can swap for stuff including gift vouchers , you also get points for refering others if anyone would like me to refer them feel free to email me jadeandjess@hotmail.com

bumblebee_01 Guest

I have joined a survey company and a mystery shop company recently. The survey company, I earnt $65 in vouchers/goods in a month and a bit, and with the mystery shop company I also earnt $150 in a month and a bit. Definately helpful in time for Christmas!! Anway, email me if you want more information, and I can refer you (You get points for referring people). My email is lauren_1818@msn.com.

Good Luck!!

Man at Home Guest

I'm trying "your voice" at the moment.
    david
    Last edited by {sarah}; March 11th, 2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: removed link

HoustonCPA Guest

I'm actually apart of a survey site that pays well. At first I was skeptical but when I saw a friend receive a check I decided to try it out for myself and it has worked out well so far. They recently sent me a $200 check for doing a couple hours of work. You should never have to pay to join a survey site which is one of the reasons I joined mine.

which site is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast