Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: working from home opprtunities?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Some MLM is genuine and can be a great option. I tried the In-Liven and loved it, it really worked well for me. Tracey, our health consultant put me onto it after watching the company for some time, using the product, and scrutinizing it. So she asked me to think about promoting it on BB, so I did. And look how many are taking it?! It's great. I don't promote it as you would a MLM company or the 'work from home' aspect of it, I just promote the product and as more BB members are getting onto it and raving about it, it's selling itself. Yes I have to buy in some stock a month, but it's easy with me taking In-Liven myself as well as some other products. My mum and sister are also on it so it easily makes up the minimum I need to buy. If you do get involved with a MLM company, research, research, research!

I read lots of Bob Proctor stuff and as he says, the image people have of most MLM companies these days is an old one - many these days have complex computer systems that are the envy of most businesses and they have 'grown up'. He also believes in multiple sources of income in order to achieve 'success' and not reply on one source of income. I'm actually going to a seminar of his in two weeks with Tracey - I can't wait
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

He also believes in multiple sources of income in order to achieve 'success' and not reply on one source of income.
    We love the Rich Dad Poor Dad series by Robert Kiyosaki. He focuses on passive income, and multiple sources of income. As I mentioned in another thread re being happy to rent for a while, we won't buy our own home until we have multiple sources of income (ie our businesses together with other investments) so that were DH to lose his job again it wouldn't impact us with regard to mortgage payments etc.

He reckons some network selling is good.. he's all about cashflow.. so anything that can generate income... especially income you don't need to work for! is good

Hi Danni, Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!

I had my own online store for a year, and found that with little ones, I just wasn't able to put enough time into my business to make a living from it. Through another website I have had heaps on contact with other WAHMs and I've found that most people make a loss for the first year, and then make a little bit of pocket money. Very rarely do people make enough money to call it an actual job. Great for a hobby, but if you atually want to earn money, you're better off keeping your job.

Still, you'd be surpised how you can make ends meet on one income. I didn't know how we'd manage on one income with a baby, and here we are with two kids and still on one income. We're careful with our money and we're doing just fine.

Good luck for a wonderful pregnancy .

Thanks so much Sana. I dont want to keep my job though. And even a bit of pocket money is what Im after.

Don't forget that the government gives you a family assistance payment. For one child I think most people get around $150 a fortnight which is pretty good. The hospital will give you the forms when you have your baby.

thats not bad... i didnt know that

Quote Originally Posted by Sana View Post
    Don't forget that the government gives you a family assistance payment. For one child I think most people get around $150 a fortnight which is pretty good. The hospital will give you the forms when you have your baby.
    This is only true based on means testing.

I won't be entitled to anything because my DH earns to much (what a crock!), except maybe the Family Tax Benefeit (depending on whether or not the means testing has changed by the time the baby is here). My mum works at Centrelink, so it's great to have her on hand for all these sorts of questions!

There are two parts to the payment, Family Tax Benefit A, and B. It's my understanding that everyone is entitled to one of them, and the other is means tested. I know people who'se DHs earn more than $75,000 a year and still get paid both.

We don't get part A at all coz of our combined income, havent tried for part B yet. Will do that on the tax return.

Part A goes off the higher income earner (not combined). Part B goes off the lower income earner.

You only get part b if your income is lower than about 5k per year - ie- the stay at home mum.

Bambi Guest

My son has just started Prep. I am at home lots now and haven't got a second car to go to work, Plus having not worked in about 5 years.
    I have volunteered for BookClub through the school, which i mainly do over the net, which i find quite good.
    Is there anything i can do at home to earn a bit of pocket money.
    Impatient- Can you tell me more about this please, Looks quite fun and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu2 View Post
    Part A goes off the higher income earner (not combined). Part B goes off the lower income earner.

You only get part b if your income is lower than about 5k per year - ie- the stay at home mum.

From Centrelink site:
    Entitlement to Family Tax Benefit is based on your actual annual family income for the current financial year. The taxable income you need to tell the Family Assistance Office about for each financial year for yourself and your partner will include...
    Sounds combined to me? And when I update details online for Part A it asks for both incomes?

And Part B the threshold is $11,548 for an adult dependent.

Part A is combined, part B is lower income only

You are on maximum FTB-B when the lower earner is $4320 (give or take $10, i would have to go pull out my notes i made at centrelink last week), and then it goes down gradually i.e. if you estimate FTB-B of $5500 you only lose $8 per f/n off the maximum rate...

All these figures are different depending on how old your child is though

Joyful MUm Guest

Question Working from Home Opportunities

Hi ladies, fabulous-looking mums-to-be,

I am desperately looking for work, which obviously being pregnant in my 15th week does not permit to do so. I actually just got married and migrated, and quitted my high-flying job to come to Australia.... and i was blessed with my little one... so life indeed took a huge and drastic turnaround...

Just wondering if anyone of you can give me suggestion on how to work from home, earning good money and still get to utiltise my brain cells

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12