Thread: About to return to the workforce

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default About to return to the workforce

My DD is 4 months old now and I'm about to return to the workforce full time due to financial circumstances beyond our control. I'm limiting myself in the jobs I apply for though because I want to work close to home. That means nothing in the CBD if I can help it.

I'm confident in the child care arrangements I've made for my DD but am nervous about working again. I quit my previous job because it was too far from home. I've just been to an interview at the university that's located 10mins from my house as the PA to the Director of HR which I should find out about tomorrow. I told them I could start on Tuesday. I'm confident the interview went well and thankfully the uni is family friendly so they have heaps of facilities to express even though I've now got DD onto FF about 90% of the time, I still need to express at least once during the day.

GL sweetie! Hope you get it!!!
    Can understand your apprehension about retuning to work but I'm sure you'll do fine!

Best of luck hun. The thought of going back to work is harder than the actual going back in my experience. I hope this is true for you too.

oh wow Danni, good luck!!!

When I returned, I found i was super-career-mum for all of about a month before I cut back on some stuff. Just take it easy, keep yourself sane and accept any help that's offered.

*hugs*

Good luck hun! The job sounds great and you will be fine!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I got the job and start Tuesday!

Congrats!!!! Well Done !!!!!!
    I agree the thought of going back is harder than actually going back. I have returned to work and my DD is almost 5 months old while I am not working fulltime I do work weekends so our family time is restricted.

Look after yourself and don't put too much pressure on yourself to do everything!!!

Sue

Well done on getting the job - the university should be very accommodating and family friendsly so it sounds like an ideal job for you!