Thread: Boys clubs at work - how to deal with them?

Default Boys clubs at work - how to deal with them?

I am having a lot of work conflict at the moment. The issues are not small ones but I feel they are large ethical concerns. The problem is that the workplace is full of men and noone else shares my point of view. I often get the 'we men will sort out the problems, you can go back to your little desk' although of course not in those words. They pass me off as an emotional whinger when I am trying to make people see that the issues I am concerned about are very important!! We had an major incident this week of exactly the nature I was trying to prevent, and even now people are passing it off as just an accident instead of a preventable issue that was caused by neglect.
    Anyway so....does anyone have any tips for dealing with boys clubs at work?

Unfortunately it's really hard. Getting the ear of a few people in private and getting their support is important. chose your battles wisely - maybe put forward your proposal again "in light of recent incidents, I have a proposal" sorta thing?

There's a company called "emberin" based in Brisbane, all about career development, investigate that for your company?

It's very hard, good luck.

I had a look through their website - it is very interesting. Thanks for the advice.