Thread: interview for a ladies gym! HELP!!!

Question interview for a ladies gym! HELP!!!

i have decided i am wanting a career change, i put my resume into a ladies fitness centre and i had a call for an interview!! i have worked in child care for 10 years and really dont want to go back into it!!

i want to prepare myself for the interview questions and went onto there web site for info!!

what im needing is any info about the types of questions they will ask me about the fitness gym?? any of the ladies on here work in a gym and could help when with types of questions the will ask!!!!!!!thanks..

Hi,

I don't work at a gym, but here's some of my thoughts and ramblings!

* They will probably ask you about your own fitness, eg are you interested in staying fit, what type of exercise do you do, how often etc.

* Maybe whether you are familiar with the basics of how the exercise machines work (like how to adjust weights etc) incase you need to help members - even if you have no experience in this perhaps say you'd be happy to be trained in this...

* Maybe think of some examples of how you worked as a team in your previous job/s in childcare, as you'll be working as a team in the gym. And then also how you can work unsupervised (eg if you were on the front desk by yourself).

* I would try to think of a couple of questions for YOU to ask THEM! I think potential employers like to see applicants that seem genuinely interested in the workplace, so try to come up with a couple of questions (not just "How many holidays do I get" - LMAO).

Hmm that's about it - don't know whether that helps, but I wish you all the best! Just try to be yourself and let your natural STAR shine through

ETA - I would also mention your own weightloss journey you are currently going through, and how you can help to *inspire* members!!

thanks heaps MRS P!!!

*BUMP*!!!

paradise lost Guest

Hi hun,

I don't know what position you've applied for but in the UK the gym instructors (i.e. the people who teach classes, take people through assessments and are in the gym to help people use machines etc.) have to have a gym instructors qualification. My DP did this last year, it was 6 weekends and they learned about the anatomy, techniques, safety and coordination of workouts (i.e. how to put together a full-body or an abs or a fat loss or a tone up programme for someone) and afterwards they are able to go on and do specifics (he did a spin-teaching course). I don't know if there is an equivalent in Aus but you might want to check. I know for instance Les Mills Body class instructors anywhere in the world are regualted by Les Mills and all have to be lisenced.

HTH

Bx