Thread: Job interveiw questions.

Exclamation Job interveiw questions.

We own a small bakery and run it ourselves.

My mum took over my hours when i had ds and now she doesn't want the hours So we have to hire some new staff.

My question is what sort of questions should i ask in an interview?
    Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks x

Ask them what their strengths and weaknesses are.
    Ask them to tell you a joke - it's not what most people expect in a job interview and it will give you an indication of how they cope with the unexpected and being under pressure.
    Ask them about their previous jobs - if they whinge and whine about their last boss chances are they will do the same about you when they move on. If they blab the private details of their last employer chances are they will do the same to you. If they make excuses about how they were great but their boss sucked then when they screw-up (we all do sometimes) they will try and pass the buck instead of copping it. If you like their attitude towards their previous job/boss then you might like their attitude to working with you.
    Ask them what their expectations of you as a boss are.
    Talk about the weather, family ect. Try and get to know them a bit - if you don't like them and it's a small business no matter how qualified they are you're better off without them (IMO). If they won't fit into your team you're better off without them even if you do like them.
    Ask them what they like and don't like about the job - if the thing they don't like is really important to you it's worth knowing (ie if they don't like customer service but you need them to serve alot and bake less).
    Ask them what they will contribute to the company/why you should hire them.
    Give them an oppurtunity to ask questions themselves.
    Ask open ended questions instead of questions that have yes/no answers.
    Try and write stuff down - after a day interviewing it can be hard to remember who is who.
    Try to contact their referances.

Good luck.
    Hopefully one of our members who works in HR can be more helpful.

What area is in the Bakery in Boomba.....I so want a new job.

thanks Dachlostar i was hoping you would pop in with some wisdom! I will definately use most of them thanks!

Mel we are in logan on the boarder of parkridge and crestmead! Where are you? Its only casual though! x

What a shame it is too fat away........For our comapny we were asked strengths and weaknesses, how we deal with stress, how we deal with problem customers ect.