Thread: Resignation letter help

Default Resignation letter help

Hey all,

i need some help with a resignation letter. I have no idea what needs to be in the letter!!

So would love some help!!

I am on maternity leave at the moment and am due to return back to work end of July, so not sure if this makes a difference...

Thanks!

I would keep it simple -

dear......

I write this as my formal resignation.

My last day being .........

Regards

I dont think i would go in to detail of why i was resigning, if they were interested in knowing that they can ask you i think.

I have had people hand me resignation letters with a blurb on 'thank you for the experience and training I received with your company blablabla'
    Its nice to read - nice to know they arent leaving cos they hate you and all that you are about, but more for personal growth and situation changes.

Sorry- I am tired.. I think i am just rambling now!

Maybe something like:

Please accept this letter as formal notification that I am leaving my position with XYZ company on September 15.

Thank you for the opportunities you have provided me during my time with the company. If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

?? There are a few on the internet if you type in resignation letter template
    HTH
    Kate

Thanks!! Thats great

I was thinking of doing a thank you for blah blah blah, but dont think I will! I've been trying to get back to work with them for months now and I havent had any luck, so went out and found something else

Notify them of your intention to resign with however many weeks' notice and that your last day of employment will be <date>.

It doesn't hurt to put in a little paragraph about how you have valued your time with the company, enjoyed working with your colleagues and wish them and the company all the best for the future.

Then just sign your name under a "Yours sincerely".

Dear X

You suck and I'm outta here

Love Me

Lulu - I dont think that would work!!

Hey! Tell me what you all think of this....

Dear (manager's name),

It is with sadness that I write to you to tender my resignation from my role as administration manager of (company).

I have enjoyed the role and the people very much and will always have fond memories.

My resignation is effective immediently, as I am on maternity leave.

I wish you, the team and everyone at (company) all the very best for your continued success.

Yours sincerely,

(my name)

----

hmm now that I think bout it - i dont really like the third line saying that I am on maternity. Is there another way to word it?
    Last edited by Ngala; June 26th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

Short and to the point, as Cindy said

You don't want to give them too much power or information

Dear (manager's name),

Herewith my resignation from my role as administration manager of (company) as of (date)

I have enjoyed the role and the people very much and will always have fond memories.

I wish you, the team and everyone at (company) all the very best for your continued success.

Yours sincerely,

Just my 2c worth

Actually, I don't remember my resignation letter - I have only written one... and the manager took the time to read it when I took it in ... but his attitude was not to try to change the resignee's mind . . .