Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Searching for a second job

There is some helpful info on the Tenants Union website about breaking a lease...could work out to be cheaper in the long run. Another option could be getting a housemate if you have a spare bedroom? I know, not ideal when you're married but just until the end of your lease...would make things a bit easier financially. DH and I lived in a share house with two of DH's mates for a few months after we got hitched until we got our own place.... it was actually pretty fun.

Default Maccas...family friendly...

That would be great if I wasn't a manger!

One of the manager previous to us going franchise was a single mum and she told them she'd only be able to do 12-8 most days... While the company didn't seem to mind as long as the managers roster was done and everyone did their job, it puts a bit of a strain on the other managers having to compromise their time that one day they may have had 12-8 instead....

but these days the roster generally goes 6am-2pm, 8am-4pm,2pm-10pm,10pm-6am.

on the weekends it's 11:30am-8pm instead of 8-4, but those shifts are already filled and once we have another full time overnight manager I'll be back to only doing either 6-2 or 2-10. I'm due for another raise because I've taken over doing the rosters but I don't know when that's going to take effect as we haven't even told the staff that I'm in charge yet!...

I'd be fine taking another casual job somewhere, or if there was some small enterprising thing I could do, I'd jump at that too, but I'd prefer something that wont take me ages to start up...

I'll admit the rent situation isn't that great, but it's better than nothing.... and it's better than living in a leaky caravan in Teni's parents backyard, even if they do live right next door.

OK - the things that stand out to me here are:

Teni's mobile - is that possible to cut it down to a $30 prepaid? If that's per week - I think that is a terribly big bill. If that includes both mobiles, get 2 mobiles prepaid on the same network that offers free calls/texts to one number and nominate each others. That will cut that down HEAPS

The other thing that stands out to me is the amount of rent!! Is it possible to get something smaller in the same area or move just slightly away cheaper?

ETA - Sorry xxx - just read all the responses AFTER typing mine and see the lease is not negotiable until March.....blah!

Mummato2 - My phone bill's not actually $50 p/w, that's just how much he puts on my bill each week so we can get into credit on it in case one month we can't pay it for some reason. If I remember correctly, he's cut that down to 30 or 40 a week now, putting it in proper savings instead

One of our friends has had the idea this week to buy out his soon-to-be-ex-wife's half of their house and rent it to us at a really low price (with him still living there ) but that's not really an option for us, at least for now. First big "no" to that is, if we move before bubs is born, I'll be having my homebirth with the friend there Second point, he hates kids and doesn't know I'm pregnant again I think he'll be withdrawing the offer as soon as he finds out he'd be sharing with a newborn

Ooh, and his dogs live inside and I hate inside dogs, especially yappy ones like his that jump everywhere and rip the furniture to shreds...

I have no advice but just wanted to let you know my Dh works as a manager at our maccas and he has been there fo 7 years now and it SUCKS lol We were over the stupid shift work hours ( same shifts your store has) so he now does 5 night sifts a week it sucks but because of shift allowance he gets an extra $70 a week. But yeah like I said I just wanted to let you know we pretty much know exactly where you are coming from about needing more money ( we have 3 kids and a morgage on the same wage!!!) and about staying for the security good luck with it... Will be slightly easier once bub is here!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12