Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

Just popping my head in 4 days earlier than I should. Kathryn, my ds had craddle cap bad and I used sorbalene (spelling???) cream. It looks yuk and I did it the night before his baths but it worked wonders. I also made sure we were not going out in public as it did look funny with the cream.

Now I shall stay in my box until Monday.

Thanks rose I will give that a whirl. It looks really good atm cause he had a long soak in the tub today which soften it all and i got it all off with the towel but still a red patch. Mum said the patch is getting bigger and I should get him to a doc if the stuff I got at chemist was not working. So will give the sorbelene cream a whirl.

Susan yep we have tried all the oils. I used oil for Kam's cradle cap but he had it more all over than just in one spot and wasn't as thick, also tried the old remedy of bicarb soda made into a paste.

Love :hbeat:

I'm really tired atm, but have to wait up for another half hour or so to dreamfeed Aidyn, before I can go to bed (or else he will wake at 3am) So I thought I may as well burn some time by posting...

Christy and I got together for a walk this arvo, and it was actually quite funny, as what took us an hour last time, only ended up taking a half hour, as both our bubs were little angels, and we didn't need to stop once! But I guess I made up for that extra time by waiting 20 mins for my late ferry...GRRRRRRR!!!!

I also am just using cream for Aidyn's cradle cap... it has been fairly manageable, but it does constantly come back over the front half of his head, but it's no where near as bad as before. MIL gave me some baby lotion from this company (NEWays) that she is a member of...( I think its sort of like Amway/Avon?) But anyway this stuff is great!! There's no chemicals in it at all and its all extracts from seeds etc, but that great part is that it actually works! It just seems to absorb a lot more into his scalp, leaving it softer and keeping the scaliness away for longer.

Geez!! just reading these posts has reminded me to book an appt for Aidyns injections again! We have been 3 times in the past two weeks for that very reason, yet it still hasn't happened!! #-o

Hi Ambah

I know a girl in NEWays. I will have to email her and ask her. She gave me a baby soap that comes out like foam in a squirt pack thingo. I didn't think much of it but will ask about the baby lotion.

LOL, I have the bath foam too, and dont think its that fantastic either... DP always wants to put like 7 or 8 squirts in because he cant understand that it's not meant to bubble... He thinks every little boy should have bubbles!!
    I can't believe the prices they charge for those products too, but lucklily MIL wants to buy them for Aidyn...

Yeah I did Amway for about 6mths and NEWays is definitely very Amwayish. I had a look on their website when I first heard about the girl i know doing it and I was "OMG" at their prices too

Hi there! LOL @ rose - you are welcome to join us early too!!

Kathryn - Matilda has cradle cap too atm... I just rub some cream in it, (some mum brought out from the US) and wash it out the next day or so and its all good... then a week later it happens again... I've tried baby oil, vegetable oil and olive oil too...

Well.. =D> for Matilda sleeping longer intervals last night!!! She woke up three times, which was fantastic for us!!

and... [-X [-X [-X for the 4 wheel drive which hit our car in the city yesterday while Ambah & I were on our walk! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I mean it definately wasn't our fault and we don't have to pay for it, BUT we have to be inconvienienced by the time it will take to repair!! And the fact that the bumper is hanging off!!!

ok...off to tie up the bumper with DH this morning so we can go out to the beach today!

Gah? Did I lose a day somewhere? Why does my computer say it's saturday? I couldn't have slept for 24 hours, Brandon would have been screaming blue murder!

Jonathan used to be in NEWays, but not anymore. He says the distributer price was always less than half price, but who knows now. I think we're ok with just olive oil ATM though.

Grr @ the person who hit your car Christy. At least you and Matilda weren't in it at the time (were you?) cause that would have been worse.

Rose, you're perfectly welcome in here a little early. If you can find the time to post regularly that is. I remeber how hard it was to find time to sit in front of the computer when Brandon was only a month old. It seemed like he'd always chose that exact moment to wake and start crying!

Has anyone else's babies had a red rash around their mouth? Brandon had it on one side last night, and woke up with his entire chin red. It's not so bad now, but our doctor goes on leave for a week next week, and she's booked solid today, so I just want to know if I should book an appointment with our CHCN. It looks like what my niece had years ago above her top lip when she was sucking on it all the time, and I was wondering if it was related to the excessive amounts of drooling he's been doing lately? Anyone had this before? 2nd time mums, I'm looking at you (LOL, is that only Kathryn?)

Never happened to me Susan, But JOJA has mentioned something similar in another thread.

Melinda Guest

Kathryn - what does cradle cap look like? Just wondering what I should keep an eye out for LOL.

Just wondering if anyone else's babies have had pimples? And I mean proper pimples, not the milk spots LOL. Jacob certainly does!! He's had them for a couple of weeks now. Apparently they are very common and are due to a hormonal withdrawal as they get all your hormones etc whilst they're still inside!!

Jacob slept for 9 hours for 2 nights in a row, but had a shorter sleep last night of 6 hours before waking with a nappy which can only be described as nasty ROFLMAO. DH got to deal with that one.....hehehehehe

Susan - I think you're right, baby smiles are definitely infectious. Jacob has done it when he's thrown up like it's something extra special and even though you have to go and change all his clothes (and it's possibly the third time you've done it that day) you still find yourself smiling uncontrollably back at his adorable little face!!

Christy - glad that Matilda had a much better night!!

Ambah - yayayayayay for vegies!! I hope I don't have to force-feed vegies LOL.

Marcia - how did the immunisation go??

it looks like a scabby patch usually on their head Tootie not black scabs like a sore would go like but white. and it is usually red on the skin underneath as well. It is hard to miss

yeah, Aidyn's cradle cap is like little hard white scales scattered around his head plus lots of flaking skin too... his skin doesn't usually go red though.

Aidyn had pimples from birth and for about the first month, Tootie. I know its common, but I actually had a mother say to me that they'd never seen anything like it before!! (and he only had a few - but its like she was making him out to be abnormal!! :mad: )

LMAO - we usually get the biggest smiles out of Aidyn after he has puked as well!!

Susan - I have actually read in one of my books that a rash like that is caused by excessive drooling/saliva. (Hence I have been waiting for Aidyn to come out with one too! LOL)
    But don't take my word as gospel.. if you really are worried maybe you should go to the docs?

I hope you are having a lovely day at the beach Christy!!
    That is where I am headed tomorrow with my Mum and sisters.

Well done to Matilda for her good sleeps!! =D>

Thats just terrible that someone hit your car!!! #-o
    Was it when you were parked? I guess you wouldn't know which idiot did it then...

lol Susan ... this is third time round for me!!!

I would only be concerned by the rash around his mouth is it spreads quickly or he starts trying to rub it with his hands. My guess is that it is just a moisture related one lol. Asha gets one under her double chin if she gets too hot and sweats a lot or I forget to get in there with the towel. If you want to do anything about it it is best to use a barrier cream of some kind (Benpanthen or Vaseline) that doesn't come off too easily. When you go to wipe away the dribble instead of wiping try patting it dry so that it doesn't make it worse.

Cheers

Mum had closer inspection at the so called cradle cap today and she said it is looking more like eczema. I had noticed today too his ankle was a bit rough and he had a similar looking patch on his arm, so may have hit the nail on the head so to speak.

She also picked up that he is feeling very chesty, can feel it when you place your hand over his chest so looks like another cold may be on the way unless it is a part of teething or whatever lol

Marcia Guest

Kathryn - at lachlan having eczema. Hopefully you can find something to help it now though. Fingers crossed that he doesn't have a cold on the way either.

Christy - Grrrrr at the person that hit your car!! I swear that if anyone else hits our car after last time I will just punch them! I wasn't so fussed about it when we thought it would just be the inconvenience of waiting to have it fixed, but then the insurance company decided to write it off and we had to spend 3 weeks trying to find a new car for the pathetic amount the insurer decided they would pay us. Hope you don't have any troubles with the insurance as I know first hand what they can be like to deal with, even when the accident isn't your fault!

Hudson had quite a lot of pimples too at first. He doesn't get so many now, just one every now and then, but he does tend to get rash type spots on his face, head and chest a lot. Dr checked it out and said it was nothing to worry about, he must just have inherited his mums sensitive skin.
    Have to say hooray, because at this stage Hudson still hasn't caught our colds! I'm hoping that if he isn't sick yet then he probably isn't going to be at all. Immunisations weren't too bad yesterday. Poor little pumpkin was pretty cranky last night and a bit on the warm side too, so we gave him some panadol and lots of cuddles and just let him sleep in our arms for a while. His legs were pretty sore too, and stupid me kept forgetting and touching them when I held him and making him cry ](*,) . He seems fine today though so that's all good.
    We are off to a wedding tomorrow! I have a nice new top to wear too, which is exciting. It's the first thing I have bought since I had Hudson and its very pretty and hides my belly \/ . Mind you, I'd rather be going to a friends sons 1st b'day party that we were invited to, but we said yes to the wedding first. I guess it's just that it is more DH's friend than mine that is getting married, and we've never even met the bride lol!

Anway, enough rambling from me. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

LMAO Marcia. I would prefer a first birthday to a wedding too. I don't really want to goto the wedding we are invited too next month either but it is Kameron's godmother. Even though I have not seen her in over a year :-s I was actually surprised an invite even showed up.

Sorry Kelly, I thought of you just before when I was putting Brandon to bed.

Kathryn, I found JOJAs thread after I posted here. Might wait to see how we go over the weekend. I can't call the MCHCN till monday anyway, and I refuse to see the doctor who is filling in for ours again. I can't understand a thing she says.

With the excezma, I don't know if you can get what we got because Brandon had it pretty bad, and it sounds like Lachie doesn't have it too bad yet but I'll tell you what we got any way. The doctor told us to get Dermeze because the dermatology clinic for excezma swear by it, but it just seemed to make Brandon more itchy, so we only used it the once, and haven't touched it since.

We have been using the Dermasoft on his face (hydrocortisone cream) but we got prescribed Elocon for the body, and we just use a tiny bit at night and that has worked brilliantly. It was so bad, and now there's hardly any left at all.

Marcia, it great to have new clothes isn't it? I went past Jay Jays the other day and picked up 4 t sihrts for $30. The I bought 2 catwoman tshirts for $20 each. But they looked cool, and I haven't bought myself new clothes since April last year, and even then it was only a tour tshirt at a concert.

Hi there! Sorry I haven't been around lately... just crazy times here... I worked today and that was great again... But when I got home I fed Matilda (to the BIG relief of my bb's) and just laid on the lounge for a few hours watching Star Wars episode IV... DH just was given the box set by his old work as a going away pressy which he's pretty thrilled about. So its been a very relaxing arvo for me now... have to get up & go for a walk with the dogs now as they have been neglected too long! I hope you all are going well... we find out more about the car Monday... we are [-o< we can get it fixed and sooner as we are going on holidays at the end of October and need it done well before then!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast