Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

Hi Girls!!

Marcia - I am glad to hear that Hudson survived his immunisations ok!!
    I hope you ended up having a lovely time at the wedding today too

Ahhh... gotta love the feeling of buying new clothes Pity once I get started I can't stop - I can be a bit of a shopaholic at times!
    But its nice to buy something for me for once, cause I will usually spend the $ on Aidyn, or even DP before myself...

Went to Rainbow Beach today on the Gold Coast with my mum & 3 of my sisters. It was fantastic having a whole relaxing day to myself. Aidyn stayed at home with DP all day, and it is the longest DP has ever had to look after him alone... so now he actually knows what I go through 5 days a week!!

Just thought I'd mention it that Aidyn has been doing something a little disturbing these past few days.
    Whenever he's really tired or falling asleep - he starts whacking/punching himself in the face and head, and also raking his nails accross his face really, really hard!!
    I guess its just his way of communicating how tired he is? but it sure isn't nice to watch!!

ah Ambah! Thats one of the things Matilda was doing and that the Dr said had to do with teething and the teeth moving around in the mouth.... there apparently is a nerve that goes along the bottom jaw and ends up behind their ear which is why Matilda was pulling her hair out there and scratching at her face.... I found the herbal drops helped stop her doing that.

Well I am taking Lachlan to the doctor in 30mins about his head. It looks like how sunburn goes when you start peeling so going to see what he will recommend. Also going to get a script for the pill. I did have one but can't find it anywhere. Also going to get lachlan checked out for Asthma as he is still husky this morning and it has not developed into a cold so will let you know how i get on with that.

Love :hbeat:

Marcia Guest

Well grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr because Hudson has our cold now . Friday night he had a temp of 38.1 so we were a little worried but after some panadol it came down pretty quickly and stayed in the mid 37s. Yesterday morning I noticed he had been coughing a lot more than normal, but he didn't seem too bad so we left him with MIL and went to the wedding anyway. Didn't stay very long though, as it was just a stand up drinks/nibbles reception straight after the ceremony and we wanted to get back and check how the little man was doing. He's a bit chesty and snuffly now too, but he is coping well with it and I can still manage to get some smiles out of him if he is in the right mood lol. He had a good time really, despite being sick, as he had almost all of DH's family entertaining him all day, as they all turned up knowing he was being babysat lol. I guess that's just what it's like being a first grandchild. Didn't even have to cook dinner last night either as we ended up staying for dinner at IL's so that was nice.

Kathryn - hope the Dr's appt. goes well and you get some solutions.

Ambah & Christy - OMG about the scratching etc. of teething! I'm not looking forward to that at all! Hudson sometimes whacks himself in the face when he is getting tired, but I don't think it's really intentional, he just doesn't have very much control over his arms yet lol.

Hi girls

I am home again. Poor little bubba definitely has eczema and also a very mild case of psioris (sp - sounds like sirosis) He is on cream now that is $40 a tube :-s and has patches that has flared up on both his upper arms.

Have to go back in a week to see how the cream is doing.

oh Kathryn!! Poor little sausage! I hope it settles down! The whole hot weather must not help either!

awww Marcia, its awful when they get sick! I hope Hudson gets better quickly!

Hi all,
    thought we would pop in seeing we are a day off 1 month. Boy time does fly with two children. I remember when ds was only a few weeks old I could not wait until he was a month old as I was feeling absolutely tired and unhuman. This time round I feel great but time is just going so fast. They grow up so quickly.

Hope the exzma clears quickly Kathryn.
    Marcia, Hudson is a month older than Amelia. Hope he doesn't get too sick.

Re teething, we used the herbal stuff for ds when he was too young for anything else. We got some in our Target bounty bag just the other day. Made by Brauer. Great stuff.

Well, look forward to chatting and getting to know you all more.

Ah, so that's why BRandon is always scratching behind his ears. Will have to go and get my Target bounty bag and try those drops.

Poor Lachie! I hope the cream you got given helps.

I hope Hudson gets better soon. It's horrible listening to a chesty baby and not being able to help.

Enjoy what's left of your weekends girls.

Poor Little Lachlan!!!!! I hope the cream can give him some relief!!

And poor little Hudson as well!!!! I hope he is feeling better soon too...

Aidyn had a temp this morning of 38.1 as well, which worried me a bit more cause his temps have never gotten that high and I think it is a bit much for teething... especially for him to be having a low grade fever nearly every day for 2 weeks!?!?

Sounds like none of our bubbas are too happy atm....

Welcome Rose!!!

I must check my Bounty bad for that Brauer stuff, as the bonjela isn't giving that much relief... poor Aidyn has scratches all over his face today, even though I cut his nails...
    Does anyone know which Bounty bag the Brauers came in, the first or the 2nd? as I dont remember seeing it...

I never got brauers in mine either that I remember LOL

I hpoe Hudson settles down first. I got Lachlan checked for Asthma today too cause he seemed a bit chesty but he was fine.

Sorry to hear about Lachlan Kathryn. If he has mild psoriasis you might like to try adding a SMALL amount of Potassium Permanganate to his bath. It helps with the psoriasis and can help the eczema as well . Be warned it will turn the water purple (which is kinds cool kids usually love it) but if you put too much in it will turn Lachlan's skin yellow!!!! It can leave a lovely yellow ring around your bath though so you might like to give it a good wipe down after bath time. I have used it one Emma & Jack when they have had sore bottoms (can be helpful with nappy rash). We used it at the day care centre I worked at as we used to night time care and used to look after two little ones who had really bad psoriasis!!!

Good luck with it all and I hope that it clears up soon.

Cheers

Thanks Kelly. Where would you get that from a chemist ?? If the cream doesn't help any I will give it a whirl

Hi girls,
    Maybe the Brauer teething relief is new to the Bounty bag. I picked mine up from Target. It was the third bag, Ambah. I didn't get it in my ds's bag so it may have been added recently. I must admit this time round, the bag has a lot less in than when I had ds.

Re teething, my ds started teething around 3 months but never cut his first tooth until 6mths. He always got sick with his teething as sometimes teething can lower their amune system causing them to pick up anything. Usually we could tell he was teething cause he got croup leading up to it and temps around 38-38.5 I know everyone says teething does not cause temps/sickness but They often go hand in hand. Trust me, I have worked in a babies room in child care for over ten years.

Don't think I'm an expert when it comes to your own kids though. I have learnt a great deal from my two already.

Hope this week is a good one for all and the sickies return to health soon.

Hi Rose

I found that the bounty bags had a lot less in them as well compared to when I had Kameron. I don't think I got the voucher for the 3rd bag. I know I did with Kam.

Marcia Guest

The voucher for the third bag is actually in the bounty babycare book that you get in the second bag. Hmmm that sounds confusing, hope that makes sense to you all lol. Don't know what it has in it here in SA though as I haven't gone to get it yet. I actually had forgotten all about the voucher.

LOL, so typical, nothings free anymore!!!

Come to think of it I could have gotten the voucher for the third bag, but I dont have the energy to go searching... I have piles and piles of baby info and paperwork lying around... It was really cool to look at it all before Aidyn was born, but afterwards I just didn't have the time, and pretty much forgot about it all.

Thanks for letting me know your experiences with teething Rose.
    I am really hoping that Aidyn is not going to get fevers like this with all his teeth!!!
    and as far as his immunsations go, we just might have to get them done even when he has a fever, cause otherwise it might never happen...

Just a question about the Brauer teething stuff... I have looked at the ingredients in the chemist before and noticed it has Belladonna in it (or I think thats what it was!!. Isn't that a lethal plant???

Kathryn, if I remember right I did get it from a chemist. If they don't have any they may be able to tell you where you can get it.

Cheers

Ok, I guess that must have sounded a bit stupid...
    I just Googled Belldonna and it is a lethal plant, but it is used in modern medicine quite safely...

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast