Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

don't worry Ambah I did the same thing...lol! My friend used Brauer heaps and she has 2 year old, I went and bought some for Matilda (funnily enough a week before teething started =D> for mums intuition) and looked at the ingredients and was shocked...

I have to say I have found it to be great so far! Sometimes she's screaming & scratching her face/pulling her ears and I've given the drops and within 10 minutes she's more settled, well as settled as Matilda gets but usually within 30 minutes she's asleep.

It sounds really good... that will certainly be on my shopping list for tonight!!
    The Bonjela gel isn't really that great... it seems to work initially, for a few seconds, but after that is just gets licked off anyway...

ok...I dunno if this is a woohoo yet so I'm being a bit reserved about it lol...

Last night I decided to try something different with Matilda's feeding and as I'm weaning anyway... I didn't give her the bb's at her 9-10pm feed, I gave her the bottle... and she woke up as normal at 12.30 (3 hours...) and had the bb's but then she didn't wake up until 5.30!!! YAY!!!! Some of you might not understand but we had a few nights in Matilda's life so far with 5 hour breaks, but I can count them on one hand! So this is great... unfortunately we stayed up late last night watching the stupid "sensing murder" program only to go to bed before it ended #-o ... so we are being quiet about the 5 hour thing and keeping fingers crossed that we can develop this pattern!!!

Thats great Christy!!!!
    I hope it continues to develop into a routine for her!!!!

Yayy Christy. I hope it keeps working out for you.

Ambah I totally agree re Bonjela. Curash brought out a teething gel similar and I tried that. It doesn't have as strong aniseed smell like Bonjela has and doesn't taste as strong either.

Love :hbeat:

Hi ladies,
    Alot of people tell me that they have found the teething gel works for a short time but then wears off. They have also said they get the same responce from just rubbignthe baby's gums with a clean finger. The sensation and pressure of the finger numbs the gum for a short period.

Some tricks we used to do for ds were.....Freezing washers wrapped as a ring for them to knaw on(water was boiled b4 freezing the washer) , using teething rings constantly, placing an ice block in a man's hanky and rubbing this in their gums, I'm sure I will think of more as time goes on. The teething relief was great though because you could use it half hourly for 2 hours and see a more settled child. Also it ment we were not using panadol all the time.

Christy, hope Matilda starts getting into that nice sleep routine at night. Sometimes experimenting with feeds can help find the right balance to assist with the night sleep. I know we did a lot of that with ds.

Hope all the sickies are getting better. Amelia is one month old today and it is also my mother's b'day. Boy the time seems to fly. She is a very settled and placid baby at this stage and we have not had to use the dummy yet. She is a lot more awake and alert now too.

Talk again soon.

YAY for Amelia!!! She sounds great! Welcome to 1-6 months rose!!

Thanks for that advice on the teething... I've just stuck a wet washer in the freezer...We've used the teething rings which had a hilarious result... her expression was priceless... What the??

How cute Christy,
    How many feeds a day is Matilda having? How old is she now? She is a real cuty.

She'll be 15 weeks this week! WOW! I should really do a ticker or something lol...

wow, time does fly, It feels like yesturday that we were all waiting.......for little Matilda to arrive. I am sure she is giving you lots of joy and happiness. Gotta go and have a lay down b4 the two wake up again.

Happy One Month Birthday Amelia!!!!!!
    Its fantastic that she is sleeping and well settled!!

Thanks for all of those teething tips too... I am going to try that washer trick too!!
    Aidyn really hasn't clued onto the teething rings yet either... he much prefers our fingers!!

Rose - BTW I remember reading the 'Amelia Jane' books by Enid Blyton when I was little... Did you ever read them, or is her name just a coincidence?

LOL Ambah @ the Amelia Jane books! Emma who will be nine soon has been reading them again lately. Her Grandma sent them to her from the UK and she loves them!!!

Christy soo good to hear that Matilda is sleeping a little better. I used to do the same thing and not say too much about how Asha was sleeping in case I jinxed myself!!! Glad you have found some ways to ease the teething, I think from what I have read that we are pretty lucky with Asha right now, no sign of teeth at all.

Rose, welcome to 1-6 months, time does surely fly by once bubs is here! Glad to hear that Amelia is a settled baby and is doing well.

Katanya, hope you get your computer fixed soon, we miss hearing about you and Felix!!! I am sure you are both happy and healthy and enjoying the spring

Susan, hope the teething gets better at your place soon too! I remember what it was like with Emma and Jack and I will just say that I am going to enjoy the time I have left with a) no teething issues and b) no biting issues!!!

Kathryn, I hope Lachlan's skin is getting better. Hopefully the cream will work. I am keeping an eye on Asha as she has a patch of excema right near her left eye and has quite bad craddle cap that I need to get some cream for. We have tried sorbolene cream and olive oil but with little or no improvement. Emma has Asthma and Jack has quite bad skin so I will be keeping a close eye on her. I am a bit peeved at Omo too right now as they do the sensitive washing powder for top loaders but don't make anything similar for front loaders!!! Hmmm maybe I should write to them.

Did I miss anyone? If I did I am so sorry!!!!

We are doing well. Asha sleeps through most nights from about 7/7.30 pm until 5/6 am. Can't complain about her day time sleeps ... she usually has a big morning one but it has been changing of late to after lunch!!! Which would be fine if I didn't have to pick the kids up from school. Anyway ... she is smiling lots and she has the cutest belly laugh!!! She is a pretty easy going baby and has taken to formula really well! We have had no problems and she is still feeding from me in the morning and at night! It works well for us and I am happy to still be feeding her even if it is just a little bit!

Better go and get some stuff done...

Cheers

THats so good kelly!! Its great to hear Asha is going so well!!

Marcia Guest

christy - =D> but :-$ on the 5 hour sleep from matilda! hope you are onto something there.

Well i was going to say more but i have a coughing, crying boy drooling on my shoulder and it's not DH, so i better leave it for another time lol.

Welcome to 1-6 mths Rose !!!

I will be leaving it soon. 8 days and my baby will be 6mths old OMG !!

LOL @ it not being your DH Marcia. I get that alot too.... so excited about meeting you soon (and the other girls of course)

I can't remember Amelia Jane books Ambah. I probably have read them though I used to have all the Enid Blyton books like the Magic Faraway Tree etc.

Lachlan's creams seems to be doing okay on his head atm, hasn't started to clear up on his arms yet, and found another small patch behind his knee last night !!

Great to hear Asha is doing well Kelly, bummer about her changing her naps to the arvo though. I hate waking up Lachlan when he is asleep I always feel so guilty for doing so LOL.

But Kathryn, you can't leave us!! NOOOO!!! LOL
    Surely as a Senior Mod you have the right to stay here & chat with us??
    I sure know I'll be staying here until a few more people move on to the next forum too!!

Speaking of Enid Blyton books... do they still sell them here in Oz anymore?? Not that I've really looked anywhere, but I want to start up a collection for Aidyn... I think they are the best kids books ever!!!
    I started reading them when I was in grade one, and kept doing so for the next 5 years! We had almost hundreds of them I swear, every title ever written... I'm sure Mum has still kept some though... Hmmm... Maybe I should check on Ebay as well...

Good to hear that Lachlans creams are doing him some good!!

and its fantastic to hear how well Asha is doing, Kelly!!!

They definitely still sell them Ambah. LOL @ having a right to post everywhere, everyone has a right to post everywhere lmao

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast