Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

LOL that's no help Ambah, we don't eat fish!

No idea what is for tea here either. We had pasta bake last night it was meant to be corned beef and Kam put the beef back in the freezer :-s Was meant to get the beef out today but forgot having tipped my house upside down trying to find Lachlan's cream.

OH BTW I have been spewed on today too

Love :hbeat:

LOL Kathryn.

I was thinking of pasta bake, the one from coles ideas, but I can't be bothered digging a suitable container out of the shed.

Oh how I wish we could find a place to move in to, so I can unpack all my stuff. I have sooo much more cooking utensils and pots than DP.

Well, it's off to coles to figure something out now anyway.

LMAO girls!!!!
    I hope you both have found something for dinner...??
    I have been really lazy tonight as well... I bought a ham & salad wrap at Brumbies @ Southbank, and because it was the end of the day I got a 2nd one for free!!(I love freebies, LOL.) So me & Christy shared one, & DP had one for dinner... and DP goes back to work again tonight, so he will probably have pizza there as well...

Susan - I actually don't eat the fish sushi rolls either! I prefer chicken or avocado, etc.

It sucks having all your stuff in boxes Most of mine is all in the garage too, but luckily I can drag it out when we move. Its going to be interesting to see what we get to take from the unit with us, I can just see DP & BIL getting into huge rows over who owns what, ROFL! Except I'm pretty sure DP owns all the good stuff as BIL sold everything to him last year (even his car!) when he was saving up money to go overseas.

I ended up giving Andrew a choice. Sausages or Pizza. He picked the latter LOL.

We're having roast beef, garlic, and red wine agnollotti with a creamy lemon lime and cracked pepper dressing, and vegies cooked in the pasta. Then we're having mini trifles for dessert.

I've got enough meat for 2-3 meals, but I still spent $30.

Marcia Guest

I have been spewed on today too, but with Hudson having reflux I get spewed on most days. Usually several times lol. And I didn't get pooed on, but DH managed to get poo on his arm and shirt when he was changing a nappy somehow ROFL. Hudson did the big sleeps again last night from 9pm to 6am. It is just so bizarre because it has happened so suddenly, but hopefully it will keep going. Having said that DH is on a night shift tonight so I bet he is up every 4 hours just for mummy lol.

:hugs: Christy. IKWYM about those days. Glad she finally calmed down and had a sleep.

LOL about dinner girls. We had pasta bake last night too and tonight I had left over pasta bake lol. Can't be bothered cooking dinner for one, but yours sounds much yummier Susan!

ooooohhh Susan, that sounds great!! Can I come over for dinner sometime?! LOL!
    or better yet, can you give me some cooking lessons?!
    I am still a bit of an amateur at cooking, but I guess it will only take time, as I am not having my boy eating takeouts!! (very often, that is!)

Woohoo Hudson!!! Keep up the good sleeps for your Mummy please!!

wow it's been busy in here today.

Hope your day has improved Christy. Those types of days seem to drag when you and baby have them.

As for tea, we just ahd plain chops and vegies. We had a 17yr old boy from down the road come to play with ds which was great, but I waisted the time and didn'y start tea until 5.30 and then Amelia woke for a feed at 6.15 so I had to wait for mine while I feed her. There is a range of choices you girls have given me.

No spews for us today. Amelia was a spewy baby for the first few weeks but now she is pretty good. Not very windy, and when she is she brings it up fairly quick which is a nice change from ds.

Woohoo at Hudson sleeping through. Amelia was, but the past two nights she has only gone 4 or 5 hrs beween feeds. She's not going through a growth spurt so I don't know what the answer is. mmmm maybe she was hot as the nights have been hotter.

Re boxes, we cleaned out half our back room to make room for Amelia so the op shop got lots. The sad thing is we paid for that stuff to be moved from Melbourne when we could have gotten rid of it b4 moving. We don't have a garage and we rent so storage is a problem. Eventually we will buy but the price isn't right and my dh needs full time work b4 that happens.

Re teeth, the front ones usually come first. Do a google search on baby teeth and there will be sites that give you charts/ages. They are averages though as all children teeth individually. You can get the teething relief from the Chemist or cheeper through Pharmacy Direct on line.

Wow, hope I haven't missed anyone. Too long post.

I just have to share !!!! I hate sterialising bottles. I am so sick of it LMAO. I suppose i was just getting into it really at this age with Kameron as he started formula full time from 6mths. Roll on 6 more months when sterialising can stop

PMSL Kathryn!!!!!!!
    I hear you!!!!!!!
    DP has done it for me a grand total of ONCE in 5 months. I hate doing it with a passion. sometimes it feels like I am planning my whole day around it, ie. "Oh no I can't shower/sleep/do laundry/post on BB/watch my show (Etc, etc!) because if I dont get those bottles done before Aidyn wakes I am in deep sh*t!!!"
    IYKWIM?!?

Have to love the steam steriliser!!!! Wash the bottles stack them in, 200mls of tap water, put on the lid and chuck it in the microwave for 4 minutes ... sterilised bottles!!!!!!!!

Just a really quick update ... should be ironing shirts!! ... bad day yesterday but good night ... fingers crossed for a better day today!

Cheers

LOL Kelly!! Except that I DO have a steam steriliser! 8-[ Maybe it is the washing up part that I hate with a passion

OMG I feel terrible today I have the strangest stomach ache... I am thinking it might be a stomach ulcer, except for the fact that my muscles are aching bit too. Or it could purely be psychsomatic as I have to go out tonight with a friend whom I dont really like anymore, and I dont want to go!!! wahhhh!!! :-({|= LOL

I just use a pot of water, but as we have six bottles in constant circulation, and three spare, it's not so bad. When Brandon was younger, we were making do with only three bottles. I was sterilising twice a day!

Ambah, I must say that although I am a fairly good cook, I did cheat last night. The pasta was premade, and for the sauce I just fried some mushies and onion and steak, added about a tablespoon (all that was left in the jar) of scallopini sauce, then a good splash of lemon lime and cracked pepper salad dressing, and a few teaspoons of tomato paste. So it wasn't too hard. But I learnt to cook on a centrelink budget, so I'm pretty good at making things out of cheap/unusual ingredients.

But I don't have to cook tonight. We're going round to my housemate's girlfriend's place for tea. Only he's not my housemate any more, because he is moving in with her. But any way, Brandon's godfather, is coming to pick us up around 6pm, which is nice, cos he's a good cook.

Not sure what I'll be making tomorrow, but it'll be steak, and garlic button mushrooms, with something else.

We have 4 bottles ... enough to get us through the day as I still feed Asha in the morning and at night. I wash and sterilise at the end of the day so they are ready the next morning or if I feel energetic I make the bottles ready for the next day.

Last night we had Spag Bol. and I have no idea about tonight ... maybe I will go and get some hot chickens once I have picked the kids up and we will have chicken and salad for dinner ... who knows may just have take away tonight!

Better go and get some washing done ...

Cheers

Marcia Guest

LOL Ambah and Kathryn, we have a microwave serilizer too and I still hate sterilizing bottles. I also think it's the whole wash/rinse/sterilize/makeup formula routine that I hate. It's that feeling of 'If I don't get this done I will have a screaming baby and nothing to feed him' panic. Having said that I found breastfeeding about a million times more stressful, painful etc. and ended up hating that with a bigger passion so really I shouldn't complain at all.

Spag Bol here tonight too. Made it this afternoon so DH had something to take to work for dinner so yay, I have something to eat for dinner too! No big sleeps here last night #-o , actually technically that is not true, it's just that he had it well before bed time for me, so once I went to bed he woke every 4 hours. Will have to make sure I wake him for his feeds this evening so that hopefully the big sleeps happen later tonight. Have just discovered how much Hudson likes to float today! He has always liked his baths, but today I let him float on his back for a bit and he loved it, so I will have to take him in the big bath with me some time so he can float in the water better. Speaking of floating do any of you girls take your bubs to swimming lessons or are considering it later on? Actually I think they only start at about 6 months or so, but I was just wondering.

I took Emma from 6 months and she loved it ... was a real water baby, then my XH got a job in the country and there weren't swimming lessons there until just before we moved again. When we moved back to Adelaide Emma went to swimming lessons again and loved it ... I think she really wants to get back into it so I might have a look around. I could never take Jack ... he always had ear infections and had his first lot of grommets at 11 months and then it was too hard. He will have his first lot of swimming lessons next year at school at the age of 6 (maybe 7 depending on when lessons are!!!) he can keep himself safe in the water I have made sure of that but he can't swim properly. I will probably take Asha when she is 6 months, especially if I am only working part time! I will probbaly go to State Swim even though it is a 20 minute drive from here as that is they one Emma used to go to and I thought it was great.

We are having take away for dinner tonight, just not sure what yet!!! Will decide once Ryan gets home. The kids won't care they are so excited about tomorrow being the last day of school for the term which also means that the show is not far away! Both of them cleaned their rooms tonight in record time because I told them if it wasn't done then they wouldn't be going to the show! Haven't told them that we are taking them to the movies next week yet either so will keep that up my sleeve!! Asha will be at day care, even though I am on holidays I still have to pay for it!! So it will be a good time to take Em & Jack to the movies.

Asha has been a bit off her food the last couple of days but not all feeds! She has her breast feed in the morning fine then a bottle of formula (180mls) between 8 and 9. She then has a sleep but it is the next bottle she is not drinking much of (the same thing happens at day care). I offer her a bottle (about 4 hours after the previous one) of formula (180mls) and she will only drink 100mls at most ... today she had 120 but most of that ended up on her bib! Then she will have one around 4/4.30 and will drink 180mls easily. Then I feed her around 6.30/7 and then she goes to bed for the night. I don't know whether to take her to the Docs or just see how she goes. She has huge amounts of wind the last couple of days and did a HUGE poo last night (which Mum had to change because Dad couldn't stomach it LOL). She has been farting lots today and I think I might buy some infacol drops when I go shopping next.

Oops better go ... Asha has just woken up.

Cheers

Hey there girls... have had a yuck day... Matilda wasn't so bad until this arvo, but I've not been good ykwim... we had an awful night up every 2 hours sometimes for an hour to only get an hour sleep and start over again #-o

Here's to a good night sleep & a great day tomorrow (well... it can only get better!) See you then!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast