Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

Well unfortunately I think I've jinxed myself by telling everyone how well Aidyns naps are going... we had a shocker of a day! I spent an hour trying to settle him this morning - and then he only slept for half an hour, and this afternoon I spent 1.5 hours settling him, and again he only slept 1/2 an hr... :-k Its not that he wasnt sleepy, he was very cranky and tired... maybe just too cranky to fall asleep easily...
    It's 7.30pm now, and I've just gotten him off to sleep again, it only took me five mins this time, so I hope he sleeps longer this time! [-o<

Sounds like you had a great day Kelly!! and well done on the shopping bargains!!
    I have some dicount vouchers for the Bright Bots factory outlet here in Bris, (they were given to me for helping griffith uni out with their study on new Mums) So I really should go looking there soon to get some summer bargains myself!!

I'm jealous Kathryn! I wish it was raining here today too... the weather is just getting too hot for my liking... it feels like we didnt really have a proper winter at all!! (grrrrrrr at global warming! :mad: )

Now I'm wishing against the rain here!! Ambah & I were going on a pram push and then it was raining here so I cancelled it and now its stopped raining! UGH! So hard to predict... but I didn't want to be caught out in the city with only an umbrella.... #-o ](*,) I really enjoy going out for a walk and getting exercise with someone else... Fingers crossed for Friday Ambah!!!

sorry Christy!!! Looks like my wish came true, LOL!!! I am about to head out now just for a walk around the river here, so if it starts raining I am not too far from home... I just have to get out, I have been in the kitchen all day foraging for food, when I'm not even hungry!!! Why oh why do I do it to myself?!?!? #-o

LMAO! I walked down to the shops to get some snacks as I was STARVING,lol, and wound up soaking wet... the actual 5 minutes it rained today was then...

Christy ... can you please email me the details of the chiropractor you saw for Matilda? I have a friend in Brissy who needs to find one!

Thanks

P.S. Will be back tomorrow to post Asha all out of sorts tonight!

Kelly - I don't have your email address, but I can post it here! Her name is Ann Crick and she works at Wynnum Chiropractic Centre on Bay Tce in Wynnum (funny that...lol) and I have a name of another one... its in Jindalee if thats closer for her... but I can't find it right now. Let me know if you need it. its pretty far outside the city.

Well we are going okay... spending time trying to work on this settling thing... sometimes its great and other times its a struggle! UGH! But Matilda is crying about 1/10 of the amount, so that has to be good!

Rainy day! JOY! But a bit of cleaning to do again! Oh well... thats life now while Matilda sleeps, I clean... sometimes most of the time I check here first LOL!

LOL Poor thing Christy at getting drenched!! I made it back from my walk yesterday just before the rains started here.
    and Yep, what another beautiful rainy day... it certainly does nothing to help with my motivation though - I can either wash a sinkful of dishes, browse the forums, or go to sleep next to Aidyn... I think I'm leaning towards the latter!

Busy afternoon coming up for my little one. Off to the CHN first, and then time for his immunisations. I hope he doesnt get a fever again like he did from the last ones...
    How was Lachlan after his needles Kathryn??

Christy - Thanks for that information. I am not sure how far it is from where my friend lives but I know her Mum & Dad live in Capalaba so hopefully that is close enough.

Ambah - The sun is actually shining here today after a big downpour this morning! I should put Asha in her pram and go for a walk but she is asleep now and by the time she wakes up and has a feed I will have just enough time to get to the post office and then it will be time to pick the kids up from school! I am thinking about joining a gym so that on Wednesdays (when I will be working half days) I can go to teh gym before picking Asha up from Day Care.

Speaking of Day Care, Asha had her first visit yesterday. She was fine and surprisingly so was I! I didn't cry when I dropped her off but I did ring once to see hwo she was going. She had a bottle of formula but I was so busy I forgot to pump! She didn't sleep very well so next Wednesday when she goes I will stay for a while and show the girls how to get her to sleep! They loved having her and were happy to carry her around the whole time she was there!! So while they were enjoying having Asha with them I bought a new vacuum cleaner and then came home and vacuumed the whole house and then cleaned the oven (we have inspection again next week). Next Wednesday I will drop Asha off after the kids are at school and then get out into the garden and tidy it up. I want to get some dirt delivered so I can get the garden beds started and get my planting done. I am looking forward to doing it.

Well best get on with some housework while Asha is sleeping!

Have a great day

Cheers

He was fine Ambah. No fever or anything

Wow Kelly sounds like Asha enjoyed her first day. Woohoo at getting all the jobs done as well.

Love :hbeat:

Well, we just got back from the CHN... they made us wait an extra half an hour before we got to in, so by the time we got out we were already late for Aidyn's immunisation appt, and it had started pouring down with rain, Aidyn got wet transfering him into the car, he started wailing, he was also long overdue for his nap... so we decided the odds weren't in our favour so we just came home, put Aidyn to bed, and cancelled the Dr's appt, it. I have made another one for Monday arvo.
    The CHN was very reasurring, she said Aidyn is doing really well! He has reached all of his development goals for his age, but she said not to expect him to be able to roll over until 5 or 6 months as he is a bigger baby it will be a bit harder for him!!
    He is 8.6kg now!! He is over the top 97th percentile for weight and 80-90th percentile for length!! Needless to say DP is very proud to have such a big strapping boy, LOL! However the downside is that he is only meant to be sitting in the rearward facing position in the car seat for up to 9kg. only 400g to go... the CHN said to stretch it out as long as we could, as his neck still isn't quite strong enough yet, which is a bit of a worry... :-k

Kelly - that is great that Asha's day care went so well O and good on you for getting all of those jobs done!
    I managed to do my dishes today too, so I am quite proud of myself!

Ok, DP really wants to use the PC, so I guess I should hand it over (grrrr! )

Have a great night everyone!!

WOW at Aiden!! He is such a big strapping boy!! Thats great he is going so well! Don't worry about the rolling over thing yet! There was a baby in Riverton who was HEAPS bigger than Aiden and couldn't roll over and was over 6 months... but he could do heaps more of other developmental things.

Kelly its great that you have this time to prepare for everything and for Asha to get used to day care! What a great idea... I was thinking I would put Matilda in for half a day once a week to get her used to it too... we'll have to find one now.

Hi Girls

We picked up lachlans photos from pixi fotos today and they are sooooooooo beautiful !!! We chose a 4 pose collection like we did with Kameron and it was very hard to pick 1 from the last 3 we liked. We did find out though that cause we chose a collected we could have a huge 20 inch by something picture done in colour or a 10x13 inch one done in black and white or sepia for free. So we picked one of him in a suitcase with teddies that was just a tad blurred to have it done in Sepia.

Andrew said with it being a tad blurred will make it look more old fashion and cause the colours are brown tones etc already it will come up really good. So that is what we are going for.

The 10x13 that we got for free anyway was just gorgeous. Sitting in a big pot surrounded by vegetables lmao. I am glad I picked that pose on the day.

I can't wait to get them scanned and put them online :-$

I can't wait to see the photos Kathryn!! Especially the sepia one, I love it when the shots are a bit different & blurred etc...

Well today is a beautiful day and I can't wait to go out for a walk! LOL! First off to the Dr for Matilda though... she's been painful and I just want to check the whole reflux thing out... Funny, now I can actually tell what is pain/tired etc as shes not crying 5-6 hours a day...

The photos sound just gorgeous Kathryn!!! I can't wait to see them either!!! O

I had some professional pics of Aidyn taken last week, so I am hoping for them to arrive next week, I can't wait to see how they turned out!! It was hard getting him to smile (he is very camera shy!) but for the last one he gave the hugest grin, so I'm sure that will be the one I will buy...

and yes! Finally the weather is beautiful enough to go for a walk, so Christy and I will be heading out this arvo!!
    I hope all goes well at the Dr's today Christy, and they are able to help with some answers/suggestions...

Enjoy your walk ... wish I was close enough to come too!!!

Off to the Chiropractors this morning and will come back and post after that.

Cheers

Marcia Guest

Hi girls!

Kathryn your photos sound so cute! I think we will get some pixi photos done when Hudson is a bit older too. We also had some professional pics done of hudson when he was 3 weeks old because we had a free sitting and photo offer and just went to check them out last week. They really get you with pictures of your own baby don't they? You can't help but buy heaps of them because let's face it, we all think our babies are the most adorable thing in the world LOL. We spent so much money on them it is just not funny, but never mind, I suppose we have all the rellies xmas presents now LOL.

Ambah- I wish I was close enough to join your pram push too! I really have to get out and start exercising. Just to get some fresh air with hudson more than anything. Good to hear Aidyn is doing well with his milestones! What a strapping little man you have there too! I can imagine your DP being a proud daddy about that one lol.

Kelly - well done Asha and well done to you on the first day of day care. I think I would cry at this point if I had to leave Hudson with anyone besides his dad. But then I still have those crazy hormones happening at the moment LOL. Sounds like it went really well for both of you.

Well, today I have to have a brag about having the best husband ever! Thismorning he woke me up at 8.30 and told me I had to get out of bed and I was still half asleep so I just did it without thinking. Then I was having a shower and started thinking 'hang on, why can't I sleep in?Why did he make me get up? Grrrrr' Well anyway, it turned out he had booked me in for a facial, massage and hand treatment just so I could relax without thinking about housework or when hudson was going to want a feed etc. It was just beautiful and I felt so good afterwards. And then afterwards we both went and had a coffee and once we got home luckily hudson had a nap, so we both had one too LOL. It was a really really good day.

Oh Marcia! Your DH sounds WONDERFUL!!!
    I am going to show that part of your post to DP and say 'hint hint!'

Maybe if you want to start your own pram push you should post a mssg on the Adelaide board and see if anyone is interested??

Speaking of pram pushing, Christy and I had a lovely hour long walk! Matilda is even more beautiful O , and its just great to see how she's growing! I mean, you hear about it in the posts, but its really awesome to be able to see it too! O

Kathryn - I showed Lachlans piccies to DP, and he reckons he is a real cutie!! (which is amazing coming from DP as he generally doesnt think babies are that cute (except for his own!) Typical male!!! ROFL!!)

Still very proud of my boy today, he rolled over a third time last night, and again this morning! But it is a bit scary too, I will have to watch him even more like a hawk now... *sniff* he's growing up so fast!!! Not so little and helpless anymore....

Awww you are such a clever boy Aidyn.

Girls - Lachlans photos are now on his website. Click on the link in my signature and then click on Pixi Fotos on the sidebar.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast