Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

Awww Kathryn they are beautfiul! Or at least handsome lol! I love the vege's & chefs hat!

It was a great walk we had!! I would encourage others to join in one when you can! Thanks katanya for the idea! I'm glad we've started it.

Well... I worked today! Thats right, my old job called to see if I wanted to work some Saturday morning shifts, so I've started & now I have work for the next 2 months! So, its great for us and $$ to just get on top of all the debts we have accumulated in the 5 months I haven't worked... but the other thing is now DH gets some one on one time with Matilda every week without me around too. I did miss her and it was embarrassing when I started leaking at reception 8-[ , but oh well... good fun too! Now I'm buggered & we already had a busy weekend planned so off I go to get a 30 minute rest and then get ready to go out tonight...

Just a question.... I had two dreams this week where I dropped Matilda :smt009 ... they were awful and I just laid down for a nap and had another!... I woke up crying... :-k what this means?

I used to have dreams like that all the time Christy when I first became a mum. Probably just your fears etc about something going wrong/happening to Matlida. I used to dream Kameron had been killed :-s or kidnapped from his bed etc. They were awful.

Love :hbeat:

I totally understand how horrible those dreams feel Christy (and Kathryn!)...I had a nightmare the other week that Aidyn had died. Jackson had to wake me up because I was screaming in my sleep, and it depressed me for the whole day afterwards too...

We are not having a good weekend with Aidyn at all... Every time we go to put him down for a nap, it is now taking us at LEAST 45 mins to get him to sleep, and then he is sleeping for shorter periods too.
    I used to just sit with him, play him his musical lullaby teddy and stroke his head, and it generally didnt take him longer than 15 mins to drop off. I wonder why all of a sudden it isnt working anymore?
    He has had less than 2 hrs nap time today, and you can just see how exhausted he is, but he refuses to sleep. We even left him to cry for 10 mins, but after that we couldnt handle it anymore because he was really having a fit.
    I think I'm going to post a new thread asking what techniques/routines people use to get their bubs (over 3 months old) to sleep.
    Atm he is being pushed in the pram with the cover over so its dark for him - and at least he's not crying. We have been trying for over 2 hours now to get him to sleep!!!

On another note, I did have a good morning! I went shopping with a friend and put my bridesmaids dress on layby (it is gorgeous!!!) Jackson watched Aidyn for 3 hours for me, so this was literally only the second time I have been out shopping without Aidyn!!

Glad to hear you had a good day at work Christy!!

Arghhhhh I had forgotten how bad teething was. 2 days of crying so far here. Lachlans gums are feeling harder and harder by the day. Cheeks looks like i have got a red texta and coloured them in and are hot to touch. Bonjela isn't doing much quiets him for 2 mins before he starts again. Teething ring we have is probably a tad too big cause Kameorn never teethed till late

Well i am putting it all down to teething. Just rubbed a bit of stuff on his dummy to suck on cause he just keeps spitting it out otherwise, so hopefully it puts him to sleep for a bit. Looks like it may be successfull ahhhhhh LOL.

ewww... yuck... teething, I hope Matilda takes a while for that!! Scary... I just had another dream like that today again but I've woken up with a head cold & feeling pretty weak, so maybe being tired has something to do with it too :-k ....

Well sleep lasted half an hour. and he was screaming so i made him a bottle 250ml usually only has 200 but has been draining them (by time forumla went it probably made closer to 300ml) and there is around 60ml left of it. Still screaming though :-s

awww... Poor little Lachlan... I wish I had some new helpful suggestions Kathryn, but I'm beginning to suspect I might be in the same boat with Aidyn, who is a lot crankier too, and I just dont know what else to try!

What a coincidence that we both get sick on the same day Christy! I went to bed feeling utterly drained lastnight, and then I woke with a sniffly nose, and muscles aches, and am just so tired...
    Hats off to DP though... what a darling... He has stayed home to help take care of me & Aidyn. He even gave Aidyn a bath this morning whilst I was sleeping in, and then gave him some intensive playtime which wore him out, so he wasnt too hard to get down to nap...

Aidyn is getting his injections this afternoon, and I'm so glad DP is with me - I just dont have the energy to push the pram there (now we get driven, yay!) as well as deal with Aidyn when he will be so upset...

I hope you feel better soon Christy!!
    And Lachlan too, for your sake Kathryn!

I hope you girls both feel better.

Lachlan has just crashed again, so is back into his cot. I am getting excited about Days of our Lives so will settle down in front of the tele about 12.30pm with drinks and snacks ROFL how sad am I.

Have to ring Lachlans' godmother too her son is 1 today.

Not at all Kathryn thats where I've been ROFL...

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Asha had a huge belly laugh on Saturday for the first time. Jack was being his usual silly self and dancing like a fool and Asha was watching and she let out a huge laugh!

Asha has been sleeping today ... lots of it. She woke at 6am after falling asleep at 7.30 last night and had a feed. Then I put her in bed with Daddy while I had a shower and when I got out she was sleep again I had to get her out of our bed at 8.30 to take the kids to school. Got home from school drop off and had another feed and she fell asleep!! That was 10.25 and she is still asleep now at 1.11!! I keep going in to check on her. I have folded all the washing and hung out another load. I am about to put the dishes away and then sit down in front of the TV again to watch some foxtel

Cheers

Okay back on deck now after 2 hrs of DOOL. I don't feel like i have missed anything cause i know what is going on from the website, just a bit ****ed off that we are still 7mths behind but that is good cause it will help explain stuff anyway........

I put Lachlan down at 11am after his huge bottle and he woke up shortly before 3 YAY !!! and he has just be gurgling ever since. Hasn't even cried for another bottle as yet.

Well, we took Aidyn this afternoon to get his injections, only it turns out that he has a mild fever, and a red throat so we are going to have to reschedule yet again!! The Dr said he would normally give the shots anyway, but as Aidyn developed a fever from his last shots, he didnt want the poor boy to have another thing added on top, making him feel unwell...

That is so sweet that Asha is laughing now Kelly!! O
    and well done to Asha and Lachlan for their big naps!!!

Yeah Ambah. we had lachlan to doc 2 days before he turned 4mths but he had a low grade fever too and couldn't have his injections done

hmmm big naps.... I would love Matilda to sleep longer than 2 1/2 hours at any one time LOL!!! Oh well....I was hoping she would go back to 5 hour breaks at night but no such luck, the last 3 nights have been so bad, I think thats why I'm getting so run down, lack of sleep.

Marcia Guest

I hear you on the big naps christy lol. hudson just doesn't do naps during the day. he sleeps really well at night but he seems to be of the opinion that daytime is for being awake! Usually he has a nap after each feed of maybe an hour if i'm lucky but that's it. luckily mostly he is happy awake, but the last two days have been pretty much non-stop crying while he's been awake and i have no idea why. I'm guessing maybe bad wind/tummy pains, but that's only cos i can't put it down to anything else lol. excuse the bad typing by the way - having to do it one handed with hudson in the other cos he is a cranky, cranky boy lol.

speaking of teething, just wondered when they usually start that? Hudson has been drooling an aweful lot for the last couple of days but it is way too early for that right? could just be cos he's a baby though lol.

:hugs: Christy... How did lastnight go? Did you get much sleep?

Marcia - Aidyn also started drooling incredible amounts from about 7 weeks onwards. We also thought straight away that it might be teething, but still no teeth yet... Although we asked at the Dr's yesterday, and he said he could feel a couple of bumps that could possibly be his first teeth coming up...
    I think maybe the common age for teething is around 6 months??
    Because Aidyn had really bad wind too, I started using these 'Infacol Wind drops', they basically help all the air bubbles from his belly come together, so he can burb it out easier. They sell them at Coles and them Chemist, along with a couple of other wind remedies...
    Although I think as they get older their system deals with the wind a lot better... Aidyn is now at the stage where I just have to sit him up straight on my knee (without even patting his back!) and he will burp!! (could be the wind drops helping though?)

:smt015 well...I'm the walking zombie atm... waiting for MAtilda to fall asleep and then I think I'm going to too! Another night of every 2 1/2 hours!!! This time I didn't feed her everytime, just every other time and so I know she can go 5 hours at night without a feed!!! But she still wakes up and screams & I can't just lie there and listen to her, I have to get up & give good cuddles & hold her & sometimes its a big huge fart DH can here in our room, but most of the time I have no idea why she's woken up & screaming... :-k ... so I'm just going to stay in my pj's all week I think and nap in the mornings with her...

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast