Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

With Lachlan crying all day yesterday I increased his bottle by another 50ml i noticed the didn't cry as much. Could Hudson still be hungry Marcia??

Love :hbeat:

Kathryn... I just did that this morning because she seems to be hungry all the time & she just drank 200mls!!!! OMG! I filled the bottle and just let her go for it... Now of course I'm paying for it with my bb's v sore, but if she is full & now sleeping well I'm happy.

Well done Matilda !!! I hope she has a good sleep for you Christy.

Well done with all the milestones in the past week girls.

I've been pretty run off my feet and it's so hard to catch up once you are more than a page behind.

Brandon can roll from his tummy to his back, but not the other way yet, and only when he is in a disposable nappy. He is always covered in drool, but that's because he's always blowing raspberries. He also only sleeps for a hour at a time duing afternoon/evening, but he usually gets 2-3 hours in the morning, and he sleeps from 10/11/12 (somewhere in there) at night to 8/9 in the morning, so I'm not complaining!

I'll post some more of my ice cream recipes in the recipe forum. If you don't have an ice cream maker, you just put it in a container and take it out of the freezer every 2-3 hours and mix it all up with a spoon or fork or something. It's just to stop huge ice crystals from forming. The more often you stir it, the creamier your ice cream will be. I'm a bit annoyed though. The freezer disc for my machine is leaking, and I got told I can't buy a replacement as the model is too old, so now I have to find a new machine!

I have a whole heap of pixi photo vouchers, and I keep meaning to book an appointment for them. I guess I really should, as we don't take many photos here at all, and his cradle cap and excezma are clearing up really nicely.

We have an appointment for immunisations on Thursday. Brandon didn't have any problem with the last lot, so I'm hoping it will be as easy this time too!

Whew! What an epic post. I guess I really should make more of an effort to keep up!

well...I don't know what to do. I think we are on our way to the hospital... unfortunatley the sleep after the bottle lasted 10 minutes, as have both her sleeps today and she has screamed for around 4 hours total today. I've tried everything and nothing seems to be settling her, and she just sounds like she is in pain. She is writhing all over the place and regurgitating heaps (I just hear her swallowing heaps..) and her tummy is making awful noises. I just hate feeling like I'm being paranoid and I don't want to wait 6 hours in the emergency section to hear from them that there is nothing wrong with my baby... ykwim?? I am so worried for her but I keep thinking she'll settle down, and she's not. ATM she just fell asleep so I'm getting stuff ready to go to the hospital if she wakes up screaming in 10 minutes, if she stays asleep and wakes up okay we'll stay here...

Goodluck Christy. I know how you feel matey we took Lachlan to the hospital after the same sort of thing when he was 3weeks old. Sending you lots of love and who cares if it ends up being nothign you will have peace of mind.

Goodluck Christy.

Hopefully it will be nothing, and you'll be able to come home, and read the Turkish Delight Ice Cream recipe I just posted for you.

Goodluck Christy :hugs: Hopefully everything is ok, I will be thinking of you.

Good to see you around Susan!! And well done to little Brandon for his achievements!! Sounds like he has a great routine going there too!!

Aidyn is still under the weather today... he had a mild fever again, so I gave him some panadol. And although his fever is gone, he is just not happy at all. He just doesn't want to play, and is napping after only 1hr awake time, and lots and lots of screeching and screaming happening - poor little bugger is only going to make his throat worse! I hope he's better by tomorrow, or off we go to the Dr's again...
    I think it is being sick combined with teething that is making him so cranky, as I have given him some Bonjela a few times, and it shuts him up straight away, so maybe it is taking some pain away from him... or maybe he just likes the taste, LOL!!!

IL's will be here any minute too... I was given only an hours notice, and neither DP or BIL will be here, so it looks like its just me and my boy to deal with them, LOL!!

Poor thing Ambah! ILs all by yourself, and with a cranky Aidyn too!

I'm lucky I guess, DP's parents don't visit here. In fact, his dad has only been in the house once. His mum comes inside a little more often, but it's only when they come over to pick us up to go to their house for tea, which we only have to do once a fortnight now.

Brandon is still asleep in our bed. He had a bottle at 10:30 after getting cranky with me for not having enough milk for him because I ran out of Fenugreek four days ago, and that was the only thing stopping me from drying up. But I decided as nice as it was to breast feed, it was too expensive to keep buying all those vitamins and stuff for only one feed in the mornings. So I got kicked out of bed. LOL On the upside, I can drink again now.

well.... she slept 2 1/2 hours!!! and so ar has been a different baby ever since.... you know I think it was the threatening to go to the hospital that did it. No fever now, no pain signs... nothing unusual now. So, I think I'll just watch her and see. I do feel a bit silly for getting so upset, butI think its understandable after a few hours of crying & screaming...

Thank you all for listening to me!

Oh Christy don't feel silly :hugs: Lachlan is #2 for me and I still stress over the simplest of things. I am glad you are not in a waiting room though. When we took lachlan to emergency he shut up as soon as we entered and never heard boo from him again :-s

LOL thats my fear too...knowing Matilda she'll make a liar out of me . But she's asleep AGAIN! So I think she was either tired or painful and one triggered the other & we got into a bit of a vicious cycle, but it seems to be settling now... when she cries hard or screams it sets off the reflux and then thats painful so she cries hard and screams, iykwim? So...now that she's slept her body has gotten a good rest from it all and is now just catching up on the missed sleep from this morning.

Well the IL's are still here, so I have to make this quick!!!

I'm so glad to hear that Matilda is having a good sleep now Christy, and dont worry about being upset ... thats what we're here for! - to talk about it and try and support you!!
    anyways.. I am guilty of doing the exact same thing, LOL!!

ok, back to it... I think I am being perceived as 'rude' by the IL's...

It's our preivilege as first time mum (and second time mums ) to get paranoid when anything slightly out of the ordinary happens.

Gee, even my Mum makes mistakes with what's wrong with Brandon (which is harder, because she doesn't see him very often, and he's a grandchild, but still...) and she has 10 grandkids and 7 kids of her own.

It's alright Christy, Brandon is always making a liar out of me. That's what kids do.

Marcia Guest

I agree whole heartedly It's just what we do as mums. Plus we are programmed to react and respond when our babies cry, so when the crying goes on and on and we've tried everything the hospital is our next response. I know I've felt like taking hudson there when I cannot figure out for the life of me what is wrong with him and he sounds like he is in pain. Unfortunately I'm not so good yet at figuring out the different cries so I always think he must be in pain lol. Glad to hear Matilda settled down though christy.

Ambah - Poor Aidyn still being a sick little boy. Hope he feels better soon and you don't have to be off to the Dr's. Hope the IL's didn't hang around too long either .

Susan - I will be going to check out that icecream recipe in a minute YUM! Sounds like Brandon is doing really well. Lol on the rasberries. How cute is that! And well done on the big sleeps, thats got to be good for you both. Hope his immunisations go well.

Kathryn - I don't think it's that he is hungry, but I could be wrong. I often am lol.

We are doing 180mls every 3-4 hrs now and usually he almost finishes the bottle at each feed but the last couple of cranky days he has been a bit up and down with his feeds, sometimes finishing the bottle and other times only drinking 80 - 100 mls. I'm starting to wonder if maybe he is getting sick, but then that could be that motherly paranoia lol. He is just really clingy too, which is not usual for him. usually he is happy to go in his bassinet for a sleep but at the moment he won't sleep unless I am holding him and even then he is grizzly and if he starts crying it takes ages to settle him down. Today I have finally started using the sling that we bought and that has made things a little easier as at least he can be cuddled up to me without it requiring my arms to drop off lol. Did anyone else find their babies suddenly got clingy at around 7 weeks?

One more question (sorry I know this is a long one)
    I'm not sure who will be able to answer as I don't think many of you girls had an episiotomy, and I suppose it's a bit personal too 8-[ but I just wondered how long it took for everything to stop hurting down there ? I'm starting to get a bit worried as I thought it would all be better by now and it isn't . I have booked in to the drs next week as I haven't had a check since hudsons birth, so I guess that will help but I just thought I would ask anyway.

Hi Marcia

i have had 2 and I hardly noticed my 2nd one, but the first one took a good 6-8wks. Can you feel the stitches at all. One of my stitches used to get caught in the pad and pull so I snipped it with the scissors (it was where they tied it off) and pull the whole stitch out !! was alot better after that LOL.

just popping in quickly, marcia, i didnt have an epistomy or anything but it took forever for the stingyness and other pains down there to go away, then finally when my temp sky rocketed to 43 or 44 i cant quite remember, they realised i had gotten an infection and thats why it was taking longer..

dont want to worry you or anything, just wanted to add my own experiences,
    ok ill stop butting in now

Lesley

Hi there! Sorry Marcia no idea as I felt nothing down there after the caesarian...

Hey Ambah are you out there? Want to walk today??

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast