Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Default 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Welcome to the 1 Month to 3 Months thread for April 2005!

To have any of your details included in this thread, please reply to this post and a moderator will add you to the list.

1 Month to 3 Months List - April '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby Name(s):
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Scarlett
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB 6th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3390g, 49cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Emily Marie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Wind, day/night confusion
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early

Forum Name: firsttimedad (Rob)
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 7/2/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - W:7p12oz - L:49cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Nathaniel Jaymes Hoskin
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/n/nathanieljaymes/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None at this stage.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 5 weeks Prem

Forum Name: Naomi
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lb 3oz - 48cms - 34cms
    Baby's Name: Ryan Lewis
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Ended up being a repeat c-section due to turning breech at the last minute.

Forum Name: nellbe
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3700g - 51cm - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Albert
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born on due date

Forum Name: Pam21
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 22 February 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3400gm - 52 cm - ?
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tahlia Claire
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 3rd March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 10lb 6oz (4.725kg) - 53cm - 37cm
    Baby Name(s): Sebastian John Raymond
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 6 days early, elective c-section

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website:www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Mild Jaundice
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: morv
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 09/03/2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 2985gm Length - 50cm Head Circ - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte Katleen
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: 10 days late. Normal delivery

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby Name(s): Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns: Reflux
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: Bieleemorris
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - TBA
    Baby Name(s): Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!

Scarlett Guest

Well its april fools day and DH's birthday and I have spent all morning walking around the house holding EMily, who did not want to be put down, was tierd but did not want to go to sleep in her cot. Every time she would nod off I would take her in only to have her wake up 5mins later and scream to be picked up - I am going to have the best arm muscles ever!!

Oh Scarlett, those days are really hard, Hope Emily is better for her daddy's bday and you get some time out too.

Cheers Michelle

Hi everyone,
    Scarlet, first of all happy birthday to your DH.
    Ryan has been like that for the past couple of days too, i'm putting it down to the weather being warmer for the past couple of days.
    Today Ryan has wanted fed every hour, my boobs are killing me, in the end i tried him on some cooled boiled water, now he has been asleep for 1/2 hour so it did the trick.
    Well i'd better go for now Nick has just decided it would be fun to trash the loungeroom!
    Take care

It must be the weather or the time of year. Matthew has been quite unsettled the last 3 days.

I have fed him on the twice hourly nearly all day today, he is finally asleep and I think he is down for the count as he went down at 9.30pm and it's now 10.50pm. His longest sleep today. I am exhausted! I was so pleased to see DH get home!

On a brighter note, he is smiling at everything. I played with him on his mat today and he was smiling at the rattles. Very very cute. We always get smiles when we change him and his has now moved up to the next size - my baby is growing!!!

Scarlett Guest

Must try some boiled water Naomi, as when she is having an awake day all Emily wants to do is feed. THanks for the well wishes, I think DH had a good day as he got to try out his new golf clubs for the first time - last time he tried I went into labour and had to call him to come home after the first 4 holes!!

Got our two month vaccinations yesterday and don't I feel like the meanest person on earth. She was asleep and as soon as they put the first one in her eyes came open and she had the most confused look on her face and then started crying - and it was a cry I have never heard before. A real "i'm in pain" noise". Spent most of yesterday cuddeling her as she was really upset until we went to the football where she cheered right up.

I'm not looking forward to those vaccations myself, Matty's is on 21st April.

We went and had our 6 week check up at the doc's and everything is okay - yay! We have MHC check next week when he is 8 weeks.

Something I forgetting to ask the nurse, do we find out the results of the heel ***** test we had done at hospital? If there were any concerns I would have been told, wouldn't I?

He is still sleeping well at night. When I go to put him down during the day, he is getting into the habit of crying, doesn't like it, even though he is tired as he is yawning his head off. Eventually he drops off, I just soothe him in his cot.

We we given our baby monitor 2nd hand and now it is playing up - arrgghh. I hate not having any sound contact with him as if I am in the kitchen or on here, I can't hear him unless he is really crying, very annoying. Now we just have to figure out what sort to buy!

Scarlett Guest

Nell, I think they only contact you if there was a problem with the heel ***** test - kinda like when you get a pap smear. How do you comfort Matt in his cot?? I would like to find something that works with Emily. Thats great that his 6 week showed everything was fine, I found it really comforting even though I had nothing to worry about.

What I do is just make sure that he is nice and tucked in as he kicks his blankets everywhere when he isn't happy, pat him on his chest/stomach and talk to him calmly. Just tell him I love him and I'll be here when he wakes up, silly stuff like that. When he stops crying and has calmed down himself, then I walk away. It doesn't always work, but it has often enough for me to keep doing it.

Thankfully he settles at night so I haven't had to worry about night time yet, probably would try the same thing.

nell I know that iris was contacted when they were concerned with the results and made her go back in for more testing. Thats what we were told as well.

Thanks for that Christy - just something I kept forgetting to ask about!

Scarlett Guest

Will give it a try Nell, but am a bit of a sucker for crying - can't seem to help picking her up.

Scarlett, I'm a sucker for crying too. I let Yasin go for a minute maximum before I pick him up. If he's going to stop he will before the minute is up otherwise he'll just get more upset and harder to settle. If he goes to sleep in my arms I often just keep him there and enjoy the moment rather than putting him down. It won't be too long before he grows out of it.

How is Emily going Scarlett? Matthew is now in the habit of grizzling after every feed which makes me wonder if he is getting enough? But he refuses the breast if I go to put him back on. So I'm not sure what's it all about.

Everyday there is something new that makes me wonder what's going on. Dacholstar is right - have to remember to relax and enjoy the moment!

Scarlett Guest

Emily is going really well Nell. We had the grizzly problem though, it was bothering me so much we actually talked about how she never seemed to be awake and happy unless she was feeding. I was really worried that we would never be able to take her out anywhere but it seemed to be something she grew out of. She is still not really fussed about being down on her own though but on the upside we tried a pidgeon teat and she will now drink from a bottle willingly. She has started pulling herself up if you are holding her hands while she is sitting and seems to really love doing it. I'm suprised that she can hold her weight with her legs.

I agree with you Dachlostar, I love sitting with Em after she has fallen asleep and figure when she is 20 I will have wonderful memories of it.

Hi Girls and Guy

Thought that it was about time that I joined you all in here.

Just had a quick browse over the post's, good to hear that all mums and bubs are doing well.

Dacholstar I am guilty of doing the same thing, sitting there nursing Tehya way after she has finished her feed, not always but sometimes.

Tehya is doing well although she has had a gastro bug on and off since she was 2 weeks old, it is going throught the whole household - apart from me so far. She is still feeding and growing well so something must be staying in there.

Have to go and give her a bath, I will make an effort to do a proper post with personals after we get back home.

Take care
    Trish

Welcome Trish and Morv to the 1mth - 3mth thread. !!!

Love

Hi girls,
    your bubs are growing so fast, hope you are all getting enough sleep.

Saw Scarlett post in the other forum and Wanted to say "Scarlett you are not hopeless just bc you missed an appt, I do it all the time and when you are sleep deprived anything is possible. I have been out and left the house open more than a handful of times, melted 3 lots of bottles in the steam sterilser, forgot to make milk and had a screaming baby, missed swimming lessons for the other kids, been late picking up from school. Don't stress, make another appt, smile, laugh and hug your bub! it really doesn't matter. you are only human, there is no such thing as SUPERMUM! We all do our best.

*step down off the soapbox now*

Have a great day tomorrow girls!
    Michelle

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast