Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, August '05 #2

Welcome Vanita and Dion and Layla and Sarah.

Layla, my friend's baby had to wear a harness too as she was breech. She got used to it and it didn't worry her much. First it was 24hrs a day then only at night. She doesn't have to wear it now and she is 9 months old. Hope Sarah is going well.

Hayseed, that's a gorgeous photo of Thomas on your ticker!

Heather, you are so lucky with the massage, I want one!

Howdy all,

Welcome to Vanita and Dion, Layla and Sarah! Congratulations! How quickly that first month flies! \/

Heather - how envious I am of your massage. My DH is changing jobs and finishes his current job next week and has a week off before starting his new one. I've already mentioned it to DH that I want to get a massage that week.

Juliette - hope you have a safe trip. (I know you've already gone, but travel safe all the same)

Kate - I hope Kelsey's colic is giving her less trouble. Poor little love (and poor you too.) Hayseed's tips on nappy changing sound good. We used to have a low profile pillow on our change table for our DD as she had all those problems too. Fortunately Blake is not colicy or chucking like Viv did.

Gemma - You're right, we really do have to get together. Mind you, this wet weather is not so good for going for a walk together. Perhaps we should meet at Knox as you suggested. Are you still planning to go to the meet next Wednesday? Perhaps we can plan our next catch up then. Fingers crossed for your bonus. Always a good thing. Also fingers crossed for your promotion! Keep us posted.

Angel - I am so envious of Kynan's sleeps. Blake currently feeds 2am, 6am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm. It's not too bad as he goes 6 hours between the 8pm and 2am. The only problem is if I stay up late I really feel the lack of sleep (so I don't do it too often!)

Brooke - I wish I could suggest more to help you get Maya's sleep pattern sorted out. I guess perserverence is the key, and making sure you recognise her tired signs and acting on them before she gets too tired. Having said that, Blake doesn't get a lot of sleep between 3pm and 8pm. Because we have the school pick up I have to wake him from his 2pm after feed snooze to put him in the car, get DD from school. He might snooze for an hour once we're home, but he's well awake by 5pm and that's why I brought that feed early instead of it being 6pm. From that 5pm feed he again snoozes but is not generally getting much sleep until I give him his 8pm feed when he guzzles then falls asleep nearly in my arms. At this stage I'm happy for it to be like this cause I know the routine. It's always tricky when they change it, although if he slept through like Kynan I wouldn't complain, although my BB's might!

We had a pretty good day yesterday. MCHN in the morning. Blake put on 330g in the fortnight and is now 5730g. It's remarkably less the the previous fortnight which was 590g, but considering the feeding problems, I'm happy he even put on at all!

I spoke to the MCHN about whether I would be invited to join a mother's group but she said they are 'first' mothers groups. Even though DD's 8yo and things have changed heaps in the world of babies, she took some pursuading for me to be able to attend. Mind you the next one starts in September that she has 'wait listed' me for, or she said I could join in the October one. Geez Louise! Blake will be 3months by October, what's the point!!!! Fortunately I spoke to a girlfriend who goes to a playgroup at the centre where my DD used to do kinder. I know quite a few mums who go to the playground with kids of varying ages. The gf will be going there too after her baby is born in October. I was also told of the ABA coffee morning at the same centre on Tuesdays. I think I'll stick my head in there next week if it all comes together and meet some mums there too.

I also bought Blake the Kick and Whirl yesterday from Kmart. I picked up DD from school and we played with the Polly Pocket I bought her (didn't want to make her feel she was missing out if I was just buying something for Blake). Then we started putting it together (the K&W). But buy the time I'd finished Blake was sleeping, then it was cranky time when he was overtired. It's now 1pm, I've had it for 24 hours and he still hasn't played with it!!! We were out this morning seeing a friend before she goes to Singapore for 2 weeks holiday, and when we got home Blake was sleeping (not that I'm complaining about that)

In fact, before he wakes I might have a snooze myself!

Hope you all have a good afternoon and a great weekend.

Gemma, I've seen the pixi photo display pics at their stalls in the shops and they look gorgeous. That's great that you got some beautiful ones of Amy. I always said I wouldn't get any done as I reckon they're such a rip off (having done professional photography myself) but I'm so tempted now as they look great LOL. When do you get your pics?

Juliette, have fun in Bris! Will catch up with you in the 3-6m thread when you get back!

Heather, woohoo for the extra long massage! Sounds like it was soooo relaxing.

Vanita & Layla, welcome!!

Rachel, that's great that you have found a playgroup to go to. Has Blake had a go at the Kick & Whirl yet? They sound quite popular... I might have to check them out on the weekend.

I've just been taking pics of Kynan. I've got him in a little fuzzy outfit with ears... Sooooo cute!!

Angel - would you believe he's fallen asleep on the blanket I put down for him at the K&W before he even had a play?! Poor boy! Must be tired! Took a photo and will put it on his website later on!

With regards to the Pixie Photos/Portrait Place photos, I got them done for my DD every 6 months when I was offered the freebie or $5 photo offer. Only on one occasion did I buy additional photos. I've always been really good at picking the best pose when they ask which one I want as the free pic. Mind you Viv's quite photogenic and nearly every photo is gorgeous. However even with the budget restraints, it means I still get a gorgeous low-cost photo!

And I've been fortunate to get an offer from both Pixie and Portrait Place so I will get on shot with both kids and one with just Blake.

Hi girls,

wow this kick and whirl thing sounds quite good! I don't know what you are talking about so I'll hop ont he web and have a look.

Just came back from mums group where we discussed infant/toddler illnesses. Every time the MCHN mentioned one of them (say chicken pox, foot/hand/mouth disease, slap face, glue ear, fever etc..) she would end by saying, "this is common, one of the babys out of this gorup will get it". Sheesh.

Poor Thomas - today I have had him in and out of the car and the poor tyke has not had a decent sleep all day. We don;t have a capsule (we have a convertible car seat) and he wakes up every time I put him in or take him out of the car.

On the up side, he has put on 280gms this week, which is terrific considering we have both had routines upset and been in hospital with mastitis. He now weighs 4440gms or about 9lb 12 and a half oz.

Ohhhhh, how do they know when we are on BB?? He was just asleep, but now he's crying.....

Just quickly though, Layla, a friend of mine had a breech baby 5 weeks before Thomas and her baby is also in a brace because of hip displaysia. She is finding it all very difficult to cope with especially because poor Hannah hates the brace. The baby won't settle, sleep for long periods of time, and changing her bum is a nightmare. While I was in hospital, my friend came in for a day to go through some settling techniquews with one of the midwives because she was only getting 1 hour sleep out of the baby at a time and then couldn't get her back down for a couple more hours.

Hope you are faring better....

Hayseed

Well im just on quickly this morning while hendy and mike are still in bed together (wont be long as DH has to go to work).

Kate - he didnt need to have a bottle in the end as my feeds just worked perfectly around the massage, which was good as i can save the EBM for a couple of weeks for the hens night. IKWYM about the boys and their babies. Mike just cant stop telling hendrix how much he loves him!! Its bliss to hear it isnt it??

Hayseed - I so so understand on the convertible carseat!! I understand the benefits of a capsule too, but we had bought the carseat so you cant waste it can you?? Wished id hired a capsule though.

Brooke - sounds like your having a busy weekend! Have a great time. Are you taking Maya with you??

Morning,

Brooke - Cluster feeding is moving the feeds closer together. It working with Amy and we are feeding 2 hourly in the afternoon and she is sleeping better at night. She is asking for 2 hrly feeds so we are not really changing her to suit us. With the Pixi photos, the cost is $1,027 and they said that they are only charging $400 because the photos are pre-printed. Still not convinced to pay it but will see what they look like. Enjoy the expo, I was in hospital with Amy when it was on in Melb. Will have to go next year.

Amy wants to get up for a feed, be back soon to catch up with everyone else...

Brooke - I am about 1/2 hr out of Melbourne and might be back at work in Nov but can take the day off. We should organise a BB meet up. Wow at Maya sleeping so long! The Pixi photos are a good size enlargement and 4 smaller ones. She took 9 good shots so there are lot of photos for $400.

Kate - I was reading throught the reflux posts last night. Amy has been crying instead of feeding a few times lately but I thought it was the teat. She also spits milk fairly often too but is never upset when doing it. I will read through the posts again as she may have reflux but I'm not sure. I hope the Zantac works for Kelsey. I will let you know what my OB says next week, I am 34 so that's why I want to have another soon. Thanks for the congrats for the bonus. Have a great family day today.

Hayseed - Thomas is doing well. My friend's baby got used to the brace she wore for hip displaysia. She cried when it went on but then she was okay.

Rachel - I'm sure Blake will enjoy his K&W soon. Amy hasn't had a play either. Good idea to take the freebie!

Angel - We pick up the pics on 2 Sept. Will have to check the pics of Kynan in the cute suit if you put them on your website.

Heather - Isn't is so sweet when baby can have some time in bed with their dad?

I joined the BB weight loss thread so it will help me to stay on track with the weight loss. Have a great weekend.

Good one Jessalyn!

Just a quick post, as i should/ need to sleep.
    I had one good day this week, but things are still difficult for poor alexander. He really is so needy, just wants to be in my arms all the time and he is so miserable at times because of the colic. I am building some strong arm muscles, so I guess that's better than going to the gym LOL.
    I think the medicine (Mylicon) is helping him to pass the wind, but he is still fussing, so who knows!

Kate - alexander still enjoys sucking my finger, but we got him a dummy to give me a break now and then! He also sucks his hand to calm himself. Hope that Kelsey is well, they say that at 6 weeks they have a growth spurt, so perhaps next week we will see a bigger weight gain. alexander hasn't put on much in the last couple of weeks either but he looks great and his GP says he's thriving.

Thanks for the supportive words from you all. Great to hear some of you are continuing to get long sleeps. also fabulous that you can meet up in RL (real life). Gotta love the power of the internet in getting people together...(DH and I met over the internet!)

Welcome Vanita amd Layla and bubs!

Hayseed - hope you're okay and your health improves soon.

I think AF visited ever so briefly this week. But hardly worth mentioning as it was just for 1 day.

Should go..already spent longer than I should here!

Hi Shannon, welcome back to sunny Melbourne. LOL at poor little Jessalyn! That was a funny story but I'm sure she didn't think so.

Deb - Hope you catch up on your sleep, glad the medicine is helping Alexander.

Sheesh,

having a bit of a hiccup with brestmilk supply on the side affected by mastitis. Funny thing though, is that it has been fine up to last night and I noticed a definate "softening" of that breast coming up to a feed. I am due to feed off it in about 3 hrs and it is very soft and "unmilk" like. What if there is not enough to feed the lad!!

I'm stressing now.....

Hayseed

I spoke to the midwives this afternoon and they gave me a lend of an electric pump to express either after a feed or on the 2 hour mark regardless of whether he feeds or not (ie don't wake him for a feed, but store the milk, or feed it back if boobs aren't enough). They told me to give it 48hrs of stimulating the boobs (they said to do both) and also to drink heaps and get lots of rest. I am also going to get some fenugreek as well, although they didn't tell me to do this.

Fingers crossed it'll all work out.

I also bought a couple of sachets of forumla just in case.

Hayseed

Just a quick post...

Hayseed, it sounds like you're doing all the right things. That's exactly what I had to do when I was having milk problems.

Blake's a regular 4 hour feeder so I would express after two hours, and keep that for topping up.

I also took Fenugreek, drank lots, rested lots and ate well. I also drank Kerry's "Wonder Drink" which is posted http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...71f4da9cb23c70 if the link works or, in the breastfeeding, bottlefeeding and solids section under how to increase your milk. In fact I'm about to make another batch cause Blake (the fusspot!) only likes to drink from big, full bb's so I'd rather have plenty of milk so he's feeding well. (Talk about a typical bloke, only liking big bb's!)

layla Guest

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

This'll be a quick post as Sarah is getting hungry. Her little head is starting to bob around! LOL

Hayseed, I do feel sorry for your friend with the baby in the harness. It's not pleasant. Sarah is fine in hers but she hates it when we put it back on her after a bath. Once it's on and she's dressed she is alright again. We are lucky that it hasn't affected her sleeping at all but nappy changing is definately harder. How long will your friends bub be in the harness? The doc we are seeing thinks that 6 weeks will be all Sarah needs.

Oh, guess what, I got my first smile from Sarah today that wasn't caused by wind!!!! SO CUTE!!! DH is very jealous!

Hope you are all going well and I'll come back to do personals later!

Hi guys!!

Hayseed - i really hope things are better for you today and that the breast pump is the answer!!

Rach - ha ha!! Blake and the BIG bbs. Very funny!!

Shannon - hope that Jess calms and the 12 week growth spurt is only short lived! Cant believe that she is 3 months old!! An amazing journey she has already had!

Brooke - yay for Maya being so much more settled. So fantastic!! How was your family weekend. Poo that you cant go to Melbourne.

Well Hendrix has his needle today. I really hope he doesnt react to badly to it? How did your little ones react??

Just popping in quickly again,

Boo hoo! :smt022 We were all looking forward to you coming to Melbourne, Brooke. Maybe next time, afterall you've gotta be sensible about $. We also have that problem with the suits being too short. I don't feel I can put my 7week old boy into Size 0 Wondersuits. I mean Viv wasn't in them until she was... maybe 6 months old!

Shannon, Sorry to hear Jess is draining you with her 12 week growth spurt. Have you tried drinking something like Sustagen Mum? I found it was great with my DD. Haven't tried it with Blake as I'm drinking a 'magic' milk making drink with Aktavite in it so I don't feel I need both. =D> for you the supermum surfing and feeding at the same time!

Deb, I hope that Alexander settles down again soon. It can be so draining can't it? *hugs for you* We wish you could be at the meet in RL. At least you can be with us here online. I have several dear friends and cousins who I chat with over the 'net. Wouldn't be without it!

Kate, I hope that the Zantac helps.

My boy is still asleep - has been down since about 11.30am (nearly 3 hours which is amazing cause he hasn't been having super-long day sleeps of late) I'm gonna go and enjoy some Mummy time before he wakes

Enjoy your afternoon.

Hi all

Returned from a very good trip. Erykah was a little unsettled what with so much sleep while in the car but we are slowly solving her sleeping. I got from 1am till 8am this morning sleep and from 10pm till 8am between feeds. Bless her. She is way more talkative and such a happy laughing baby,

She is spending quality time with Grandad who is over from UK for rest of the week. Its great as I have help to look after her so it is a real break for me.

Will keep popping in but may be busy for the rest of the week

Jo

Another quicky before I go get DD from a friend's place... It's been sooo good not having to go out to do the school pick up!

Shannon, Aktivite is a chocolate flavoured drink. Kinda works like Sustagen. You should be able to find Aktivite near the milo in the supermarket. A tin (it comes in one size) is about $4.50. You also can buy a box of Diploma milk which makes "3 litres of powdered milk". This is enough to make 2.5 or 3 litres of the drink (Can't remember!!!) but I bought it and decided that if it was 2.5L then that would be enough drink for me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast