Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, August '05 #2

Hi girls,

I made up the wonder drink (as per the instructions) and gawd... is it ever chocolately!!!!!

Haven't seen a huge increase in milk supply as yet. I also bought Fenugreek capsules (only taken 1 so far) and have been expressing and feediong every 2 hours for the past 24 hours (except overnight when it was 3 hrly). Hopefully, hopefully it will all work or the whole 6 weeks I put up with a cracked nipple etc will seem like a bit of a waste.

Pup is cranky...gotta go.

Hayseed

*Megan* Guest

Hello girls.....

Just a quick post to say hi!

Brooke - Woo Hoo on Maya's sleeping...you must feel like a new woman!! Little Finlay sleeps from 6pm-6pm now which is bliss.......he calls out to me in the night (about twice) but no feeds which means that I am nearly back to sleeping normally..Bummer about your mothers group - 10am is WAY too early for new mums!!

Heather - I hope that Hendrix coped with the needles. Finlay didn't have a reaction - he cried for a bit, but was VERY brave. I was more upset then him...

Hayseed - hope that the the feeding is getting better and that you don't need the formula....we had the b/w photos done - hope that yours turn out well!

Kate - Kelsey sounds like she is growing well...how big is she now? Post more pics on your site when you can....

Rachel - LOL at Blake in 0 already! I think my little man will be there soon - how many kilos is he now?

Hi Layla!!

Finlay is 6.1kilos now and is growing like a trouper! I love him more and more each day and am dreading going back to work(4 weeks time..)

Hope that everyone is OK....

Megan

Just for clarification... I haven't yet put Blake in his Size 0 wondersuit. I just can't bring myself to do it!

Instead when I was at Best and Less the other week I picked up some 00 pyjamas with pirates on them. We're big on pirate treasure hunts in my family - my step dad always makes treasure hunts for the kids when we have family get togethers and there's always clues from "Pirate Pete". Anyway, I digress. I bought two pairs of these pj's and a pair with a plane and a helicopter on them and they are size 00. He's been wearing the over the last few days and although they're a bit baggy, he's got plenty of room. He's not quite out of the 00 wondersuits so I'm still puting him in them too, but he's only got a week or two left in them.

As for weight... it was 5.7kg last Thursday when he was 7 weeks, and 59cm long. He's a 90 percentile boy. No wonder I have problems with my milk keeping up with him.

One personal... Hayseed, keep up with the expressing. I think this is the main thing that helps. The other things you're doing will also help, but IMO it comes down to the expressing. Hang in there honey.

Wow you girls can chat! Been listing on eBay and updating Amy's website and doing lots of shopping. Have some great photos on there now.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Oh Shannon. I'm sorry you had such a crappy day (and night).

It's totally draining when they just want you, and just want to feed constantly. Although he never says it, I'm sure my DH often things 'What the hell have you been doing all day, Woman!?" when I have a day like that. It's not easy to do the feeding thing and get everything done that you have to. And most of the time you can't just say, "Sorry kid, you're not feeding for now!"

I can't remember exactly where you live but I know a good dentist in Knox, and also in the city (yeah I know its a drag going into the city, but the dentist really is great). If you want either of their number send me and email with you phone number and I can give you a call and tell you their details. Tooth ache is awful so if you can get into another dentist with Brielle all the better.

And if Jess is a fussy girl tomorrow you'll have plenty of us to handball her to so she's not wanting to feed from you all day.

*big hugs honey*

Shannon, you poor thing, you need to talk to Corey and explain what has been going on. He probably has no idea what you do during the day. Can you get some help from anyone, or a babysitter for a couple of hours? The weather is not too good ATM otherwise I would suggest getting some fresh air and going for a walk. At least you get to hang out with the BB girls tomorrow

Rachel - Wow, Blake is a big boy and that's a good thing because he is so healthy.

Megan - Think I mentioned it before, your B&W photos are really good. That's great that he is sleeping and feeding so well. I might be going back to work in Oct.

Hayseed - Hope the drink works for you, just keep going you are doing well.

Jo - Welcome back, glad you had a good trip. Erykah did well on the trip. Sounds like she is going well.

Brooke - Bummer about not coming to Melb. Maybe one day we might have a National BB meet and we can meet up then. Maya is doing well too.

Kate- We haven't taken Amy to a doctor. She only cries once a day in the late afternoon/evening and settles with Gripe Water so it may be tummy pain. If she drink a lot she throws up the milk but I do seem to be doing a load of washing most days. She is putting on lot of weight too. Will read more about reflux, thanks for the info. Hope Kelsey is going well.

layla Guest

Shannon, big to you.
    I just wanted to say, please don't worry too much about Ziana. She has been through a pretty huge upheaval in the last three months, and you have done a fantastic job of coping with everything, but kids react in funny ways. She will get over it, my kids have had stages in their lives where they've acted weird for a while. :-k It's always been stress related and it has always passed with time. It is hard though, you have enough on your plate at the moment.
    I hope you get Brielle's tooth sorted out, as well as sorting out that DH of yours! LOL
    I really hope you have a better day today.

Hayseed, hang in there. It is hard but it's all worth it. 8-[

Doh #-o Sarah's awake, will pop back later. She always mananges to get hungry when I log on to BB!

Hey guys

Shannon - *hugs* to you sweetness. There must have been something in the air last night as my DH came home with exactly the same attitude except he didnt say anything he just went quiet. So i did say something i cracked it and started crying as hendrix had played velcro baby yesterday before and after his needles and i was already exhausted. Hope that corey really understands!! I cant complain really can i you have 3 babes to look after sheesh!!

Rachel - Its great to know that your boy is so big and healthy. Congrats to you.

Megan - i cant believe how fast time has flown and that you will be going back to work so soon. Are you going back part-time or full-time??

Jo- glad to hear that Erykah is settling so well and that she is such a happy girl. Welcome back!!

Well hendrix's needles went great and he slept 10.5 hours last night. It was magic, although i woke a few times having to go and check that all was ok. I also forgot to tell you all that hendrix had his first haircut (can you believe it) on saturday by my hairdresser friend. He looks really cute! I'll post some photos soon.

*Megan* Guest

Awww Shannon - it is all happening for you ATM! I am so sorry to hear about what is happening in your life....BIG hugs to you! xx

Heather - I am going back to work 4 days a week adn I am dreading it! I love my little man so much and the thought of being away from him for a minute makes my heart ache!

Brooke - Maya is doing well with her sleeps...it took Finlay to 10weeks to sleep through the night!

Gemma - thanks for the comments on our photos...your little Amy is mighty cute. How does she find the Kick and Whirl? They are on special all over the place ATM and I am htinking of getting one! Would you recommend it?

Better go - always things to do!

Megan

Stormi Guest

Hi guys,

Just a quickish post again.

AM soooooooo jealous of all of you that have bubs that sleep so long at night! Makenzie still has no idea. She did do one 5-hour stint through the night but she's all over the place still. Being on formula hasn't really made a huge difference to sleeping longer in the night. Well, I guess it has, coz she goes about 4 hours, not 2.

Shannon, sometimes guys just have no idea about what we do all day. They think it's all rest and relaxation and play time! My DH is home a lot of the time now and after my caesar I really played on the "can't hang out washing" etc etc and he pretty much did everything, so he knows exactly how it is. Mind you, with 3 kids, even with both of us doing the chores each day it still doesn't all get done!

Brooke, you know how I said that when Makenzie was measured the nurse said she was only 52cm? I think she was wrong, we measured her ourself today and even with her legs not completely straight she was about 57cms. Unless she put on weight only and has now caught up with length in the last two weeks.

Went and finally got a haircut today. Got a lot chopped off the back as Makenzie keeps grabbing it and getting it in her mouth etc. Made the hairdresser wash it too just coz it feels nice lol.

Better go, hope everyones well,

Megan, Amy doesn't really know what the kick and whirl is yet as she would much rather look at the walls. There are a few BB people that have bought it. We paid full price...should have waited. I am thinking of going back to work 4 days a week too. Waiting to hear if I was successful for a promotion and if so I will go back early.

Brooke - Amy only held the bottle the once time and we got a photo. Good luck for your thyroid results. That's great the chiro was happy with Maya.

Heather - Wow at Henrix having a hair cut already. My niece is 16 months old and never had her's cut! 10.5 hrs is a great sleep.

Shannon - Glad you are feeling better and Ziana's appointment went well.

We had a busy day, went to Council to pay for Immunisation, Nappyland, butchers, 2 supermarkets, aquariam to get fish tank stuff and Amy slept the whole time. DH just came in with Amy and I said 'I will start dinner in a minute just on BB'. He said that it was my issue not his. It is so good that he doesn't mind and he looks after Amy while I do other stuff.

Will post more later...

Brooke - That's great news about your thyroid results. Maya is good to sleep so well, you must be very pleased with her.

Shannon - I hope Brielle is okay.

Kate - 9 mths old, you probably weren't expecting that. I will see what my Ob says tomorrow. I hope Kelsey's hips are okay, I'm sure they will be fine. 285g is great weight gain, well done Kelsey and mum I am selling some maternity clothes I didn't get to wear and will be listing some finance/personal developement books and baby clothes this week. I just won a book called 'Baby Play' for $6.51 and I saw it in Borders on Monday for $35.00. I have bought heaps of stuff from eBay and have saved a fortune. My username is ralfus2468 if you want to see my auction. Nappyland do sell Huggies but they are cheaper at the supermarket when they are on special. We bought a box of 100 Infant Huggies for $43.00. They also have cheap wipes that are good and heaps of other things for baby.

Be out most of tomorrow so catch you later.

Amy is finally asleep. She has had tummy pain from 6pm and has been crying/screaming on and off for 3 hours. DH is so good with her, he took care of her while I cooked dinner and surfed eBay in between. The gripe water seems to work to settle her down. It was probably her worst day today and they say 6-8 weeks is the worst. She was 7 weeks on Monday.

Gemma - i have become ebay mad since the birth. I actually hadnt used ebay before but have brought a dummy (a gimicky one that has teeth) and the best buy was a grobag sleeping bag which retail for $85 and i got for $35!! Gotta love that. Its funny about amy and her kick and whirl, hendrix was much more interested in walls as well (he can have a full on conversation with a blank wall) but i have just put him in front of the kick and whirl again and he is having fun, not kicking it though just watching it!! I hope that amy has a better day today.

Well we had a shocker yesterday!! Hendrix was his lovely self until the arvo when he got some side effects from his immunisation. he spiked a temperature wouldnt eat properly got diahorrea and vomited. I cried as DH was at work but after some baby panadol and a lot of cuddles he was his normal self.

layla Guest

Hi girls.

Shannon, a cyst makes more sense and it's easily treated too. Poor Brielle. I hope you got the antibiotics without too much hassle.
    How's Jess doing today? Still wanting to feed 24/7?

Kate, IKWYM about the reflux. Sarah is getting worse but thankfully it settles down over night. I hope the hip scan goes well. Better to be safe than sorry. 8-[

Heather, I hope Hendrix feels better now. One of my kids (can't remember which one! #-o ) reacted like that to all their needles. Better than not immunising them though.

A big "Hi" to everyone else! One of these days I'll do a decent post! LOL

Layla - thanks for your post. It was a bit scary whilst happening but im so with you in that they were only minor symptoms compared to what would happen if he got the real thing.

Ive put a couple of new photos up if you want to have a look.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick hello & goodbye Kynan is 3 months tomorrow so I'll be heading over to the 3-6mnth thread. Will still pop by when I get the chance though. I haven't been able to post here anywhere near as much as I would have liked!

Anyway, I'd better get going & start Kynan's bed time routine!

PS. Heather - love the pic of Hendrix & his bunny!

*Megan* Guest

Heather - Hendrix is soooo cute - and what a funky hairdo! He is truly lovely - you must be sooooo proud!

Bye Angel - I will see you there soon...

Megan

Thanks Angel and Shannon for your kind words about our bubby, we think he is pretty cute but we are slightly biased. We'll miss you both heaps in here also so make sure you do pop in but otherwise hendrix and ill see you in about 4 weeks!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast