Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, August 05

Congratulations Dee and Matthew on reaching the 3 months!! Please keep popping in we will miss you! I also want 4 bubs but im only 25 so we have some time to fit them in!!

Angel - what a clever boy Kynan is, arent we lucky being mums?? I love it.

hello, well i am typing one handed too and even this is hard coz my little velcro baby (love that description!!!) also likes my finger in his mouth!! he'll be due for a feed soon too. it's good to know other babies don't sleep much during the day.

Right, i actually started this post an hour and a half ago! Had to feeding and settle bubs. Now i've got no idea how long this sleep will last. Evan hardly sleeps at all during the day for more than half to an hour at a time and that's usually only in the pram when moving or bouncing around the house in the baby bjorn! But today we actually have a quiet day at home so i thought i'd spend an hour trying to get him to have a decent sleep during the day. We'll see...!!

Last night Evan spent his first night in his cot in his room! Up until then he's been in a crib in our room. I was so proud of both of us!!

Evan is sleeping ok at night, although it's promising to hear some of you saying your babies are sleeping through that are only a few weeks ahead of us! Evan usually has a 5-6hr sleep from about 9pm, a feed at 2am and asleep again by 3am, followed by a 3-4hr sleep. He is a little angel really! He's not coliky at all, but yesterday he did have a little bit of a tummy ache and my mum showed me a magic trick!! She held him like he was flying like superman on his tummy and rocked him back and forth while she was standing. It worked fantastically, so that's one i'll remember and worth trying for any of your babies when they get tummy ache.

This weekend i'm going to attempt to take him to the footy! I'm lucky that my aunty lives close to AMMI stadium so i can leave him with her if i want, or go for some of the game or whatever we need to do on the day depending on our little man!

Right, i'm going to get some lunch while all is quiet. i actually find meal times are the worst times of the day because Evan just seems to dislike me sitting down for more than 5mins! I would LOVE to enjoy one meal with two hands in peace and quiet. Perhaps this lunch time is it???

Shannon - im doing my BA dipEd externally at Macquarie University and i think i will be there for sometime now. Ive completed approx 2 years but now with hendrix here i estimate i have another 5 years left!

Hendrix has been sleeping pretty much all day i just woke him for a feed and he fed with his eyes closed and has gone back to his cot!! This is pretty normal for him though he tends to sleep most of the day and night. Yesterday was disturbed as he wasnt able to sleep during the day and that caused his grumpiness last night. I actually have to ask is it normal the amount he sleeps? I hear of some of your babies being awake all day and get worried. Hendrix will have an up time of about 2 hours in the morning then will sleep pretty much all day have an up time of about the same of an evening then sleeps the rest of the time. When he wakes for feeds at night he will drink for about 20 mins then goes right back to sleep.

Welcome Kira, LG and your little ones.

Shannon - Hope Jess settles for you soon. It is draning when they are like that Alex has been the same today and would not settle unless i was holding him. He is now happy in his chair watching the telly.

*Megan* Guest

Hello Everyone!

Welcome Kira and LG!

Hi Angel - good to see you back...great to catch up on all of your news...

I only have a few mins as the washing is getting out of control - but wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone!

Michelle - 12 hours sleep! That is great - I can only hope and pray for this...my little man has settled down, but he doesn't like to sleep during the day as there is so much happening. I now call myself the sleep enforcer as I have to make him go to bed!!

Dee - love little Matthew in the Jolly Jumper. He looks like such a big grown up boy in it doesn't he?? Please keep popping in - it will be great to hear how things are going...

Hi to everyone else - talk more later on....

Megan

Linds, how's Evan going in his own room? Have a great time at the footy on the w/end!!

Shannon, bummer about AF possibly having come back already for you! When do you have your genetic counselling thing? Hope Jess settles for you soon!

Heather, LOL must be something about sleepy babies atm!!

Kira, welcome! Glad to hear things are going well for you!

Megan, LOL IKWYM about the washing getting out of control! How's little Finlay going?

Well Kynan's not so sleepy today (he woke up a bit more last night and was restless all night LOL). Made me worry for nothing I think! Can hear him getting grizzley so I'd better go feed him!

Hi Nell or other mods,

I was just about to add my details to this thread but they are already there, talk about efficiency! Can you please add the below website to my details:

http://www.comcen.com.au/~winston/

Now to catch up on everyone's news, there are lots of people to chat to here.

Hi All,

Have had a crappy couple of days. I went to my mother's group on Tuesday. One of the girls asked me how I was and I just burst into tears. So now I feel really silly. I didn't stop crying all day. Have no idea what that was all about. Oh well...hormones seem as good an excuse as any. Am feeling better today. Hannah has been a grumpy bum these last few days too. Perhaps she's just picking up on my mood. Who knows??

I really have to get into my uni stuff too...I have my first assignment due on the 26th of this month. It's only worth 25% but I have to read a lot of complicated cases before I can even start it.

Anyhow...I will come back for personals later...DH has just arrived home.

Hey Juliette - sorry to hear that things have been 'off' im sure it is hormonally related, but the good thing about that is that as quickly as it comes on it goes away. What are you studying at uni?? Hope your assignment isnt too tough. I have a final assignment for a subject i was studying last semester due next friday, it should be ok but im not expecting any superb mark. Im defering this semester though so after this i have the next 6 months off which im looking forward too? How much more of your degree do you have?

Welcome gemma - glad that we are all starting to come together again!! Looking forward to hearing an update on Amy.

Angel - LOL that you are having the same as i am. Its actually a relief as i was starting to worry a little. Today has been pretty much the same although we have had one more awake time than we did yesterday. He obviously just loves his sleep like his mummy.

Hey Megan - good to hear from you.

Where is brooke??

*Megan* Guest

*Hugs* Juliette - I hope that your days have picked up! You are so good studying - I have deferred my MBA...must pick it back up soon!

Megan

Hi all

You have all been busy posting while I was away. Trying to catch up but Erykah has been very unsettled this afternoon must be catching!!

Anyway we had a good time in Horsham. Erykah was a shocker the night before we set off and we went very bleary eyed. I managed to make the drive in one piece though.

Then she was unsettled again on the first night until well after midnight. I managed a lay in though and we then hit the shops in Horsham. I bought a jolly jumper but she is a little small for it yet.

I also got a lovely winter coat in the sale for next winter. Also had to buy a sunshade for the pram as it was really warm 22 degrees and sunny. We had lunch by the river which was nice.

Then a cold front hit so we spent the afternoon in the motel and she was pretty unsettled in the afternoon but got her down at 8:30pm so we slept as Shami has got the flu.

Today I am tired as I am running around after both of them. Men always seem to be dying when they get a cold. He is avoiding Erykah as he doesn't want to give her the cold but I said if I get ill I will still have to go near her.

I best get going as I want to get my head down for a nap. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Can't believe she is 2 months old and still in no real routine. Every day is different.

Still loving been a mum.

Oh and the travel cot we bought was a waste she would not settle in the bassinet and we ended up with her sleeping in her pram. Not ideal but it was the only place she would sleep.

I have a lot of respect for all of you doing degrees with a new born. I finished my degree back in 97 (seems years ago now) there would have been no way I could have done my degree and had a baby then again I think the hangovers would not have helped either!!!!!!!

Jo

G'mornin' All!

Didn't get too much sleep last night...but I think I'm just getting used to it! Little Miss is so unpredictable with her sleeping still. I had a couple of nights of 7 hours sleep earlier in the week (which were bliss) and now she's back to her 4 hour sleep then waking every hour after that!

Welcome all the newbies!

We'll miss you Dee! But we'll be joining you soon enough...Yay for 3 months!

Jo - Glad you had a good time away! I've had to sleep Hannah in her pram when staying with my parents too. Yay on the Jolly Jumper! Hope she likes it when she's old enough to use it! Most kids seem to love them. LOL at the hangovers while studying comment! I don't think I would have been able to cope with uni, partying, and baby for my first degree either!

Thanks for the hugs Megan! I am feeling much better. How's little Finlay going?? Do you shorten his name to Finn? That was one of our picked out Boys names. So cute.

Heather - Hope Hendrix is being a good boy and letting you have time to finish your assignment! I have to sit a special exam from last semester in November. It's a pain in the bum, but there was no way I would have been able to sit it when Hannah was 3 weeks old! I've only done 1st year of a law degree....so now that I have a little person to keep me from studying it will probably take me another 4-5 years. I don't mind though. I'll get there in the end, and I always have my degree in special ed to fall back on.

Hi Angel - good to hear from you! Hope Kynan slept well for you last night.

Shannon - OMG...3 more kids?? LOL! You're game! Just kidding - I'm sure you'd do a wonderful job and they'll all be very lucky to have you for a Mum! Sounds like you'll have your work cut out for you convincing Corey though!

Hi LG! It sounds like Evan is such a lovely little guy. I'm glad he's sleeping well for you. Hannah likes that airoplane position when she's windy too...as well as bicycling her legs while she's lying on her back.

I'm off to meet my parents at Kilcoy for lunch (it's half way from Bris to Kingaroy - about 1 1/2 drive). They're picking up my baby bath/change table from babies galore. I'm giving up bathing her on the floor and changing her on the bed - my back is killing me. The bath/changetable stand attaches on top of the normal bath, so won't take up too much room in our little house.

Cheerio all.

We have had a busy morning Alex and i went shopping I brought stuff for me and only a little for Kimberley and Alex. I was told by DH to buy myself something so i thought i better.
    I will catch up more later.

Well we had a lovely sleepy night last night (but shoosh dont let hendrix hear me telling or he may decide to regress!! haha) Isnt it amazing what a few more zzz's do for you, i feel fantastic today. I had a funny morning as i had to go to my uni to grab a few more references and then went to the shopping centre across the road as they have a great Big W that has a great bonds range, we got half way to Big W and hendrix was due for a feed so i had to find the parents room which took some time. We finally found it and settled in for a feed when i realised he also had a pooey nappy and that it had gone all up his back all over my jeans and top!!! yay the joys of motherhood!!

Michelle - glad you got yourself something when you went shopping - it gets a bit like that doesnt it?? I never have really bought myself many clothes but now i really dont id rather hendrix look like a spunk.

Shannon - im so glad the post-op appoint went well. Hugs to Jess.

Juliette - bugger at the bad night. Hope that tonight is better. This essay is replacement for the exam that i missed (dont know if ive already told you that). Cant wait to get it over and done with so that i can focus on a short course i intend to complete this semester.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Where is Brooke and Mel??

Hi all,

just a quicky while dinner's in the oven.

I spoke too soon about Blake not having wind problems. I mentioned to Hayseed that we only burp for 5 mins max as Blake has no problems. Well ever since - 2 days now - he's had bad tummy pains! Lucky me! Not. Poor little Blake.

Heather - Ewww about the big poo at the shops. As you said, the joys of being a mum!

Shannon - I can't believe how much extra washing I have with one tiny (well not so tiny) baby in the house. It's practically double the amount I'm doing! How does that work??? I'm also thrilled to hear that the surgeon was pleased with how Jess is healing up.

I've been getting heaps more smiles which has been beautiful. MCHN said generally you don't get them until 6 weeks-ish but then he started smiling for her, so she knows I'm not telling fibs!

At his check up yesterday we did the weigh and measure thing. Boy is this boy growning... 11lb 15oz - 5.4kg, 57.5cm long. He's a 90% boy!

Better get DD's dinner out of the oven.

Have a great weekend everyone

Good morning

Well i have gotten up again earlier than hendrix so that i can get ready, its awesome hendrix and DH are asleep in bed and i managed to have a half hour bath get dressed and completely pack my bag for today without having to stop pop a dummy in or give a cuddle etc. I even got a chance to pop onto BB!!

We had a great night last night as hendrix only woke at 2:30am he fed and went straight to sleep. Gotta love him.

Brooke - glad to hear your ok, but busy busy!! Hope your thyroid comes back ok!! Look forward to seeing the pics of Maya in the bath, let us know when they are up.

Rach - hope Blakes wind has settled a bit (hendrix had badish wind in the first couple of weeks but it seems to have settled, either that or it doesnt bother him as much. I think he gets slight reflux so have learnt that after a feed i have to keep him upright for some time otherwise he either spews or you can see in his face that it has come up and he swollows it again.

The washing is never never ending!! WOW i thought it would be easy to stay on top of it but no!! Oh well.

Will pop on later

Ewww Heather re pooey everything at big w!!!! Do you find that when you get in muddles in public older women who give you 'been-there-done-that' smiles?! I notice it all the time when i'm struggling manovering the pram though narrow aisles or trying to get everything out the car in some sort of orderly fashion including a hyperactive dog and a screaming baby..! Oh but it's all fun! And i know what you mean about getting more zzz's makes such a difference to the day. Unfortunately we are doing it the other way around this morning. Evan turned his 5-6hrly sleep into a 3.5hr one last night and he didn't tell me he was going to do that so i stayed up to watch the rest of the footy. So i'm going on 6hrs sleep today, but i guess its not too bad. We'll be right when we get to the footy!! Go Crows!!

A milestone for us this morning!! Evan rolled over from his tummy to his back!! I missed it the first time because i was cleaning my teeth while he was on the playmat in the lounge and when i came back he was lying on his back! But then i got him to do it again and i got it on video on my digital camera. He had to work himself up to a scream, and then... k-plonk he was facing the ceiling! I don't know what age they should reach this milestone but i certainly wasn't expecting it yet! He was also focusing on DH walking around the room yesterday and gave a big smile. no no no, it wasn't wind! Well that's what i'm going to believe anyway!!!

PS i just discovered i can go to the loo with Evan in the baby bjorn!!!!!!!! \/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast